Windows 10: winpe apply-image with access denied with error 5

Discus and support winpe apply-image with access denied with error 5 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a WinPE bootable USB drive. Using the bootable drive, I can start the system using WinPE, and I made an install.wim file for the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xinren, Jan 30, 2021.

1. xinren Win User

winpe apply-image with access denied with error 5

I have a WinPE bootable USB drive. Using the bootable drive, I can start the system using WinPE, and I made an install.wim file for the Windows partition. Now, I try to apply this install.wim to the system. I follow the tutorial 84331-apply-windows-image-using-dism-instead-clean-install.html.

My Windows partition is in E: and install.wim is in F:
    I have
    dism /Apply-Image /ImageFile:F:\install.wim /index:1 /ApplyDir:E:\

I get an error, access denied, error 05. I would appreciate any help, and thank in advance.

:)

xinren, Jan 30, 2021
  2. Rockb Win User

Access Denied when using DISM to apply image

I am trying to migrate to a larger M.2 Drive in my Dell Laptop. I created a 64Bit WinPE USB drive, booted to that drive, used DISM to capture WIM files of the smaller M.2 drive. I then swapped out the M.2 Drive, booted to the USB drive, Created the partitions,
    tried to apply the wim. I receive an Access Denied error.

Rockb, Jan 30, 2021
  3. system error 5 "access denied"

Hi newbylive,

Error 5: Access is Denied prevents you from installing software on your computer and accessing or modifying certain files. However, we would like to know more regarding your concern.
    Kindly answer the questions below:

• Where do you see this error message?
    • Why are you trying to clean boot your PC?

Here's how to
    perform a clean install of Windows 10
    . From there, you'll see Andre Da Costa's forum article andyou can follow the steps provided.

Also, you can refer to this
    related thread
    and check out the response provided by Yashwanth Kotakuri to resolve the issue with the error that you're getting.

Feel free to let us know if you need anything else.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 30, 2021
  4. deekal Win User

error 5 access denied

error 5 access denied when access pseudo server o peer tp peer

deekal, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

1. winpe apply-image with access denied with error 5 - Similar Threads - winpe apply image

2. Access Denied during Apply Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Denied during Apply Image: I have done this many times with no issues except this time. Ran command prompt Run as Administrator I used DISM Capture Image for one hard drive no problem. Then I used DISM Apply Image using same wim file from DISM Capture Image. It was in process then stopped. Per DISM...
  3. Access Denied during Apply Image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access Denied during Apply Image: I have done this many times with no issues except this time. Ran command prompt Run as Administrator I used DISM Capture Image for one hard drive no problem. Then I used DISM Apply Image using same wim file from DISM Capture Image. It was in process then stopped. Per DISM...
  4. Access Denied during Apply Image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Error 5 Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 5 Access is denied: Hello,First of all I do not speak very well English but I will try to describe my issue as best as I can.I use Razer Synapse. I bought a new PC with Win 10 and Synapse was working like for 2 days and all of sudden the software has stopped working. I tried to fix it and I even...
  6. Error 5 Access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 5 Access is denied: Hello,First of all I do not speak very well English but I will try to describe my issue as best as I can.I use Razer Synapse. I bought a new PC with Win 10 and Synapse was working like for 2 days and all of sudden the software has stopped working. I tried to fix it and I even...
  7. Error 5 Access is denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Access Denied when using DISM to apply image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access Denied when using DISM to apply image: I am trying to migrate to a larger M.2 Drive in my Dell Laptop. I created a 64Bit WinPE USB drive, booted to that drive, used DISM to capture WIM files of the smaller M.2 drive. I then swapped out the M.2 Drive, booted to the USB drive, Created the partitions, tried to...
  9. error 5 access is denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error 5 access is denied: I've been getting error 5 access is denied when Installing any app on Windows, How do I fix this? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-5-access-is-denied/3b2b1eb0-ae78-491c-8f7c-4673ae9b18fa
  10. access denied error 5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    access denied error 5: I can't download and install Lenovo h50-50 updates nor drivers, a note with denied access and error 5 is dispayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied-error-5/f89f5fc4-2a48-4119-8509-789e01585056