Windows 10: WinRAR 5.71 messes up .ZIP password with Windows Explorer

Discus and support WinRAR 5.71 messes up .ZIP password with Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone: This is so annoying. I just spent a good deal of time creating & uploading password protected .ZIP files using WinRAR 5.71. (I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ahmd, Nov 30, 2019.

1. ahmd Win User

WinRAR 5.71 messes up .ZIP password with Windows Explorer

Hi everyone:

This is so annoying. I just spent a good deal of time creating & uploading password protected .ZIP files using WinRAR 5.71. (I need to send them to my friend through a cloud account. They are fairly large.)

Well, I just received an email reply from my friend that says that he can't open them This is the error message that he gets on his Windows 10:

WinRAR 5.71 messes up .ZIP password with Windows Explorer a0MNbiH.png

I just tried it and sure enough I can't open them on my Win 10 v.1903 either.

Now, if I .ZIP them using WinRar 5.21 on my other Win10, using the same password, everything works fine.

What is going on there?

PS. I'm so pissed that I trusted it and uploaded everything without having checked first.

:)

2. m0nt3 Win User

7 Zip or WinRAR?

This Windows feature was introduced with Windows 98 Plus Addition

m0nt3, Nov 30, 2019
  3. 7 Zip or WinRAR?

I prefer WinRAR over 7-Zip, but I was given a paid version years ago and I can use it on Linux and Windows (7-Zip is Linux friendly as well).. Honestly, 7-Zip is just as good and free.. So, if you have the money then buy WinRAR, but if not 7-Zip all the way. WinRAR and WinZip use to be the ones to get for Windows, but all the Windows operating systems starting with Me can open Zip files. Since then WinZip's popularity has declined.. Oh and I like the plain UI with WinRAR and 7zip as well, but you can theme both of them. You really can't go wrong with either of them.

Mindweaver, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

7 Zip or WinRAR?

I can't believe someone would still pay for Winzip... I found it installed on a client's PC a few weeks ago: made sure they hadn't paid for it, and uninstalled it.

Ahhzz, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

1. WinRAR 5.71 messes up .ZIP password with Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - WinRAR messes ZIP

2. ZIP FILE / WINRAR

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ZIP FILE / WINRAR: I have been trying for weeks now to "unpack" this file. I am successful in opening all except the .exe file. If anyone has any suggestions, or if someone can try to open it for me and see if it is a good file, it would be greatly appreciated.I am putting the link and...
  3. ZIP FILE / WINRAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ZIP FILE / WINRAR: I have been trying for weeks now to "unpack" this file. I am successful in opening all except the .exe file. If anyone has any suggestions, or if someone can try to open it for me and see if it is a good file, it would be greatly appreciated.I am putting the link and...
  4. ZIP FILE / WINRAR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows password messed up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows password messed up: I have a Microsoft Surface running Windows 10. I was using a Windows Password to access the Surface on startup. The other day there was a Windows update that tried to install on the Surface. For some reason it said the update couldn't be installed and it would be removed....
  6. Winrar icon missing from zipped files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Winrar icon missing from zipped files: Sorry if this is in the wrong category. All zipped files have the plain windows icon. Checked default apps and they all have the winrar icon, and integration in winrar has all the files checked. Reinstalled winrar but no joy. Windows has the latest updates, 20H2 19042.685....
  7. Update messed up explorer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update messed up explorer?: Just made a clean install since this thing has been giving me a lot of errors, everything was working fine until i had to reset once to install updates, now: >Start menu wont open >Settings wont open >Cpu consuption is acting weird, shows im using 100% at 0,1 mb >If i...
  8. Windows Explorer messing up

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer messing up: Hi Win 10 OK so up until about a week ago I had no issues with Windows Explorer when I would try and save or move around files/folders but this last weeks been a nightmare trying to do anything in explorer up to and including moving and deleting files out of the recycle...
  9. WinRAR 5.71 messes up .ZIP password with Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinRAR 5.71 messes up .ZIP password with Windows Explorer: Hi everyone: This is so annoying. I just spent a good deal of time creating & uploading password protected .ZIP files using WinRAR 5.71. (I need to send them to my friend through a cloud account. They are fairly large.) Well, I just received an email reply from my friend...
  10. winrar password

in Windows 10 Customization
    winrar password: what is the winrar password for fifa 2008 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/winrar-password/609ee9e4-7c87-4dd2-a811-712a7071505e