Windows 10: WinRAR and java files

Discus and support WinRAR and java files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have WinRAR installed, but it automatically associates .jar files as WinRAR files. Everybody says check .JAR files in integrations, but that doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Greenwing393, Jan 18, 2021.

1. WinRAR and java files

I have WinRAR installed, but it automatically associates .jar files as WinRAR files. Everybody says check .JAR files in integrations, but that doesn't work for me. Anybody know how to fix?

submitted by /u/Greenwing393
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Greenwing393, Jan 18, 2021
  2. KingDooms Win User

WinRAR file but suppose to be JAR file

Basically, me and my friend were trying to install a thing for a game called "Minecraft".

The file is suppose to be JAR file but he forgot to install JAVA, but before he installed it... he kept opening the file with .WinRAR

How do i make the .WinRAR file into a .JAR file?

KingDooms, Jan 18, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    .rar file to winRAR

Hi G41axyX

Do you have WinRAR installed on your PC?

If so: right click a RAR, choose 'Open With' - Choose Another App

Important - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open rar . . .'

If WinRAR is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Again if WinRAR is not in the list, at the bottom, click 'Look for another app on this PC', then navigate to find the WinRAR executable . . .

DaveM121, Jan 18, 2021
  4. dianaΤ Win User

WinRAR and java files

Can't open java files?

I downloaded a file and I'm supposed to open it with java for it to work. I have winrar so the file was a zip file and I have java so I should just be able to right click on the zip file and click on 'open with' and choose java and I've clicked on it multiple
    times but nothing comes up?? Are there some settings I have to enable or disable to get it to work??

dianaΤ, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

WinRAR and java files

1. WinRAR and java files - Similar Threads - WinRAR java files

2. ZIP FILE / WINRAR

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ZIP FILE / WINRAR: I have been trying for weeks now to "unpack" this file. I am successful in opening all except the .exe file. If anyone has any suggestions, or if someone can try to open it for me and see if it is a good file, it would be greatly appreciated.I am putting the link and...
  3. ZIP FILE / WINRAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ZIP FILE / WINRAR: I have been trying for weeks now to "unpack" this file. I am successful in opening all except the .exe file. If anyone has any suggestions, or if someone can try to open it for me and see if it is a good file, it would be greatly appreciated.I am putting the link and...
  4. ZIP FILE / WINRAR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Delete a WinRar file 0x800700E1

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Delete a WinRar file 0x800700E1: So today when I opened a WinRAR file to see if it important so i can clean up my capacity, but surprisingly when I tried to open it window detect it and says its an Trojan:Win32/Coinminer .I was freaking out that time and know its a bitcoin miner, so I tried to delete the...
  6. WinRAR moved or missing files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WinRAR moved or missing files: I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post this, but here goes nothing. I recently downloaded the zip file for the SCP Unity Remake. It took two hours to download, and I don't really want to sit through it again. I extracted the files with WinRAR and it worked...
  7. strange winrar files on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    strange winrar files on desktop: so on my windows laptop, whenever i look at my desktop itself, nothing is wrong with it, it looks like how it always does, and theres no suspicious looking files. however, when i open up file explorer and go from: this pc >>windows-SSD C:>>users>>my name>>desktop, it shows a...
  8. .rar file to winRAR

in Windows 10 Customization
    .rar file to winRAR: windows has .rar files to notepad and I cant switch it to be compatable with WinRAR. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rar-file-to-winrar/1dd48cf4-6a67-47ec-90dd-96bd112935bc
  9. WinRAR file but suppose to be JAR file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WinRAR file but suppose to be JAR file: Basically, me and my friend were trying to install a thing for a game called "Minecraft". The file is suppose to be JAR file but he forgot to install JAVA, but before he installed it... he kept opening the file with .WinRAR How do i make the .WinRAR file into a .JAR file?...
  10. Passworded winrar file, recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Passworded winrar file, recovery: I'm not sure if this is the right section (or even the right forum), but I'm not on any other tech sites. The situation is this, I have a winrar .rar password protected file I created a year or so ago, and I've only forgotten the password. It's an important file to me, so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winrar java

2. download winrar java

3. java winrar download

4. Win RAR for java download,
  5. download wanrar for java