Windows 10: WinRAR cannot create subfolder

Discus and support WinRAR cannot create subfolder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Strange one, never seen it before. I have a .zip file, which opens with WinRAR, let's call it archive.zip. It resides in a subfolder with all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimspy, Dec 5, 2020.

1. jimspy Win User

WinRAR cannot create subfolder

Strange one, never seen it before.

I have a .zip file, which opens with WinRAR, let's call it archive.zip. It resides in a subfolder with all my other archives of this type, let's call it\zipfiles.

I go to extract all the files in the archive, using all default settings. The default extraction folder is, as usual,

..\zipfiles\archive\. I click OK to begin the extraction process, but I get a window with the following error:

! Cannot create folder C:\..\..\zipfiles\archive\

The system cannot find the file specified

• Why am I getting this?
    • Is it referring to the folder, or the zip file?
    • How do I correct this?
    • Am I asking on the wrong forum? Should I be asking the WinRAR people?

PS, yes, I am the Admin for this PC.

:)

jimspy, Dec 5, 2020
  2. Uplink10 Win User

Archive Manager, can't extract without creating subfolder

I am trying to extract an archive which contains an archive split into multiple files and for that I need Archive Manager to extract the first archive not in any subfolders.

I read on the internet that if there is more than one file in the archive Archive Manager will automatically create a subfolder when extracting, now I think that there should certainly be an option for that too but there should not be only this default option available because now I can't extract a few archives without automatically creating subfolders.

I do not want subfolders because then the second archive won't be able to extract contents because the second archive is split into more files (which depend on each other) and now all these files are in its own subfolder instead of the same folder.

I used to this with ease with 7-Zip and Winrar on Windows but in Archive Manager there is no such a choice where you choose yourself whether you want it extracted to subfolder or not in a subfolder.

Uplink10, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Uplink10 Win User
    Archive Manager, can't extract without creating subfolder

I just gave WinRAR as an example where you have both options:

PeaZip works as I need it to, I guess I'll be using PeaZip for these kind of archives.

Uplink10, Dec 5, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

.rar file to winRAR

Hi G41axyX

Do you have WinRAR installed on your PC?

If so: right click a RAR, choose 'Open With' - Choose Another App

Important - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open rar . . .'

If WinRAR is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Again if WinRAR is not in the list, at the bottom, click 'Look for another app on this PC', then navigate to find the WinRAR executable . . .

DaveM121, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

1. WinRAR cannot create subfolder - Similar Threads - WinRAR cannot create

2. Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder: HiI don't know how to explain this clearly but I have many project folders let's name them A, B, C, .....etc.Inside each of them are multiple files and subfolders.I want to make a subfolder named "Design" into each project file and move all the contents of the project folder...
  3. Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder: HiI don't know how to explain this clearly but I have many project folders let's name them A, B, C, .....etc.Inside each of them are multiple files and subfolders.I want to make a subfolder named "Design" into each project file and move all the contents of the project folder...
  4. Creating Subfolders in MS edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating Subfolders in MS edge: I have windows 10 on my desktop and have no problems creating subfolders. On my new laptop and I cannot find a way of creating new folders so I can move mail from the inbox.The article you have given to previous users which I have read does not solve the problem. What is the...
  5. Creating Subfolders in MS edge

Creating Subfolders in MS edge: I have windows 10 on my desktop and have no problems creating subfolders. On my new laptop and I cannot find a way of creating new folders so I can move mail from the inbox.The article you have given to previous users which I have read does not solve the problem. What is the...
  6. Winrar

Winrar: Hi, Anyone know a way to make winrar close automatically after extracting a file? Thanks 178618
  7. Document folder and automatically created subfolders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Document folder and automatically created subfolders: Hi all, In my Documents folder, Windows automatically creates a Picture, Music, Videos and Downloads subfolder. I can sometimes delete these subfolders and sometimes I can't. However, whether I delete or move the subfolders, Windows will automatically recreate them in the...
  8. Cannot install WinRAR

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot install WinRAR: I need to extract a file from a WinRAR file. When I run the executable I get a popup with a red header saying The App has been blocked for your protection. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app, for more information contact the administrator. This is a...
  9. Outlook won't create subfolders for new account

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook won't create subfolders for new account: I just installed Office 365. My email is hosted by Cox Cable. I've created a new account. All my folders came across with no problem. But existing subfolders were not created. Sone emails were left in in Input folder and others were put in the Trash folder and Spam folder....
  10. WinRAR

WinRAR: I did a reset on my Windows 10, I had winRAR.. now it's gone How do I get it for free again? This laptop was bought with winRAR on it.. 44666