Windows 10: Winrar icon missing from zipped files

Discus and support Winrar icon missing from zipped files in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Sorry if this is in the wrong category. All zipped files have the plain windows icon. Checked default apps and they all have the winrar icon, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ugatme, Dec 16, 2020.

1. ugatme Win User

Winrar icon missing from zipped files

Sorry if this is in the wrong category. All zipped files have the plain windows icon. Checked default apps and they all have the winrar icon, and integration in winrar has all the files checked. Reinstalled winrar but no joy. Windows has the latest updates, 20H2 19042.685. I'm stumped. Thanks in advance.

:)

ugatme, Dec 16, 2020

2. 7 Zip or WinRAR?

The only thing that I don't like about 7-Zip is its Windows 95-vintage graphics. Fortunately, there's a solution for that: 7-Zip Theme Manager.

• Toolbar themes - change the look of the toolbar in 7-Zip.
    • Filetype themes - change the Windows icons for archive files.
    • 90 toolbar themes and 22 filetype themes to choose from.
    • Changing the SFX-icon (self-extracting archive) is now possible.
    Be sure to grab the 2.1.1. Hotfix to mod any version of 7-Zip from 9.23 to the present release (15.12 as of the time of this post).

Static~Charge, Dec 16, 2020
  3. 7 Zip or WinRAR?

I prefer WinRAR over 7-Zip, but I was given a paid version years ago and I can use it on Linux and Windows (7-Zip is Linux friendly as well).. Honestly, 7-Zip is just as good and free.. So, if you have the money then buy WinRAR, but if not 7-Zip all the way. WinRAR and WinZip use to be the ones to get for Windows, but all the Windows operating systems starting with Me can open Zip files. Since then WinZip's popularity has declined.. Oh and I like the plain UI with WinRAR and 7zip as well, but you can theme both of them. You really can't go wrong with either of them.

Mindweaver, Dec 16, 2020
  4. GoldenX Win User

7 Zip or WinRAR?

7-zip all the way. In the fast profile produces smaller files than the slowest one on WinRar, and is obviously faster.

GoldenX, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Winrar icon missing from zipped files - Similar Threads - Winrar icon missing

2. .zip files icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .zip files icon: I somehow lost the .zip file icon how do I get it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files-icon/a0f53e7a-c05d-4ae4-a729-c95877547f28
  3. .zip files icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .zip files icon: I somehow lost the .zip file icon how do I get it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files-icon/a0f53e7a-c05d-4ae4-a729-c95877547f28
  4. .zip files icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ZIP FILE / WINRAR

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ZIP FILE / WINRAR: I have been trying for weeks now to "unpack" this file. I am successful in opening all except the .exe file. If anyone has any suggestions, or if someone can try to open it for me and see if it is a good file, it would be greatly appreciated.I am putting the link and...
  6. ZIP FILE / WINRAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ZIP FILE / WINRAR: I have been trying for weeks now to "unpack" this file. I am successful in opening all except the .exe file. If anyone has any suggestions, or if someone can try to open it for me and see if it is a good file, it would be greatly appreciated.I am putting the link and...
  7. ZIP FILE / WINRAR

8. Switch file downloads from WinRAR to normal

Switch file downloads from WinRAR to normal: Hi I accidently opened a file with WinRAR and now everything that I download is a WinRAR File I am wondering how I can change It back to the normal file. 165423
  9. WinRAR moved or missing files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WinRAR moved or missing files: I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post this, but here goes nothing. I recently downloaded the zip file for the SCP Unity Remake. It took two hours to download, and I don't really want to sit through it again. I extracted the files with WinRAR and it worked...
  10. Zip File Program Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Zip File Program Missing: I believe I accidentally uninstalled the program that came with Windows for unzipping and zipping files. I thought I was uninstalling something else. So right now I cant right click and unzip a file. The program I uninstalled had something in the title of exp, xmp, or...