Windows 10: WinRAR moved or missing files

Discus and support WinRAR moved or missing files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post this, but here goes nothing. I recently downloaded the zip file for the SCP Unity Remake. It took... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/6345287461390279, Jun 15, 2020.

1. WinRAR moved or missing files

I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post this, but here goes nothing.

I recently downloaded the zip file for the SCP Unity Remake. It took two hours to download, and I don't really want to sit through it again. I extracted the files with WinRAR and it worked fine. I created a save file, which is still saved on my computer. The only issue is, I can't find the game itself. I went back to the zip file, and all of its contents had been removed, presumably from the extraction. The application files are nowhere to be found, yet the AppData folder is intact.

Maybe I'm just dumb, and I missed something, but I'm not sure what to do here.

submitted by /u/6345287461390279
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/6345287461390279, Jun 15, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

.rar file to winRAR

Hi G41axyX

Do you have WinRAR installed on your PC?

If so: right click a RAR, choose 'Open With' - Choose Another App

Important - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open rar . . .'

If WinRAR is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Again if WinRAR is not in the list, at the bottom, click 'Look for another app on this PC', then navigate to find the WinRAR executable . . .

DaveM121, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jun 15, 2020
  4. G41axyX Win User

WinRAR moved or missing files

.rar file to winRAR

windows has .rar files to notepad and I cant switch it to be compatable with WinRAR.

G41axyX, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

WinRAR moved or missing files

1. WinRAR moved or missing files - Similar Threads - WinRAR moved missing

2. ZIP FILE / WINRAR

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ZIP FILE / WINRAR: I have been trying for weeks now to "unpack" this file. I am successful in opening all except the .exe file. If anyone has any suggestions, or if someone can try to open it for me and see if it is a good file, it would be greatly appreciated.I am putting the link and...
  3. ZIP FILE / WINRAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ZIP FILE / WINRAR: I have been trying for weeks now to "unpack" this file. I am successful in opening all except the .exe file. If anyone has any suggestions, or if someone can try to open it for me and see if it is a good file, it would be greatly appreciated.I am putting the link and...
  4. ZIP FILE / WINRAR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WinRAR and java files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WinRAR and java files: I have WinRAR installed, but it automatically associates .jar files as WinRAR files. Everybody says check .JAR files in integrations, but that doesn't work for me. Anybody know how to fix? submitted by /u/Greenwing393 [link] [comments]...
  6. Winrar icon missing from zipped files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Winrar icon missing from zipped files: Sorry if this is in the wrong category. All zipped files have the plain windows icon. Checked default apps and they all have the winrar icon, and integration in winrar has all the files checked. Reinstalled winrar but no joy. Windows has the latest updates, 20H2 19042.685....
  7. .rar file to winRAR

in Windows 10 Customization
    .rar file to winRAR: windows has .rar files to notepad and I cant switch it to be compatable with WinRAR. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rar-file-to-winrar/1dd48cf4-6a67-47ec-90dd-96bd112935bc
  8. WinRAR file but suppose to be JAR file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WinRAR file but suppose to be JAR file: Basically, me and my friend were trying to install a thing for a game called "Minecraft". The file is suppose to be JAR file but he forgot to install JAVA, but before he installed it... he kept opening the file with .WinRAR How do i make the .WinRAR file into a .JAR file?...
  9. Passworded winrar file, recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Passworded winrar file, recovery: I'm not sure if this is the right section (or even the right forum), but I'm not on any other tech sites. The situation is this, I have a winrar .rar password protected file I created a year or so ago, and I've only forgotten the password. It's an important file to me, so...
  10. Moved files gone missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Moved files gone missing: I got a new laptop today which came with Windows 10 which I've never used before, so everything's still very new to me. I've been trying to move files off my previous laptop which runs Windows 7. I've spent a few hours collecting everything I need onto an ext. hard drive,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why winrar is extracting empty folder