Windows 10: WinRAR - Patch your app now- Security Flaw

Discus and support WinRAR - Patch your app now- Security Flaw in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Do you have WinRAR installed on your Windows PC? Then you’re probably vulnerable to attack. RARLab patched a dangerous security bug at the end of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by f14tomcat, Mar 29, 2019.

1. f14tomcat Win User

WinRAR - Patch your app now- Security Flaw

Do you have WinRAR installed on your Windows PC? Then you’re probably vulnerable to attack. RARLab patched a dangerous security bug at the end of February 2019, but WinRAR doesn’t automatically update itself. Most WinRAR installations are still vulnerable.

Source: https://www.howtogeek.com/409324/upd...-from-attacks/

:)

f14tomcat, Mar 29, 2019
  2. PaulGo Win User

Symantec won't patch 'catastrophic' security flaws until mid-July

Symantec admits it won't patch 'catastrophic' security flaws until mid-July | TheINQUIRER

PaulGo, Mar 29, 2019
  3. PaulGo Win User
    Symantec won't patch 'catastrophic' security flaws until mid-July

Here is another article on this:

iTWire - Google finds Symantec-Norton security holes

As you can see this was dated Friday July 8 and some patches will be available shortly.

PaulGo, Mar 29, 2019
  4. WinRAR - Patch your app now- Security Flaw

Microsoft's infamous 'Patch Tuesday' addresses seven flaws

Yesterday, Microsoft patched seven problems with Windows XP SP2. The three updates that were marked "critical"-
    • An update to Windows Internet Explorer 7
    • Windows Media Player patch
    • Visual Studio 2005 fix
    The last four updates marked "important" fix flaws in Outlook Express, the SNMP network management protocol, fix privelage problems, and patch a problem with remote installation services. You can read a full rundown of December's Patch Tuesday here. A recent flaw discovered in Microsoft Word remains unpatched.

Source: The Register

zekrahminator, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

WinRAR - Patch your app now- Security Flaw

1. WinRAR - Patch your app now- Security Flaw - Similar Threads - WinRAR Patch app

2. Security Patch

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Patch: Hi All, How to download the KB4049411 and KB4033631 in Microsoft catalog? If we select "Check for Update" , these two patches are showing , but in Microsoft catalog mentioned KB's are not shown....
  3. WinRar Version 5.7x+ Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinRar Version 5.7x+ Security: Hi, I am looking to create an archive of some files to keep a back up of information, contacts, passwords, etc. and keep a copy in the cloud.. I am inquiring about the security of the password feature. From what I have been reading here winrar seems to have gotten their act...
  4. Zoom flaw and security

in Windows 10 Customization
    Zoom flaw and security: Using Zoom, I wanted to protect my computer and verify my local security policy; but I don't have it. Is it because I use a Home version? How can I protect my computer from the flaw they talked about from Zoom? Thank you!...
  5. Windows 10 security flaw?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 security flaw?: There are a whole ton of weird articles saying the NSA informed microsoft about a serious security flaw in windows 10 that I don't particularly think it's true. I would like conformation on whether or not it's true Thanks in advance...
  6. Windows 10 security flaws

Windows 10 security flaws: Hi, This is Agnivesh This is a major security flaw with Microsoft windows 10 pro . I had actually forgotten my windows account password.I wanted to crack and make a new account on my laptop.I had tried a bunch of ways to crack the OS but none was proved...
  7. Warning: Critical WinRAR Flaw Affects All Versions Released In Last 19

in Windows 10 News
    Warning: Critical WinRAR Flaw Affects All Versions Released In Last 19: Beware Windows users... a new dangerous remote code execution vulnerability has been discovered in the WinRAR software, affecting hundreds of millions of users worldwide. Cybersecurity researchers at Check Point have disclosed technical details of a critical vulnerability in...
  8. Windows 10 security flaw

Windows 10 security flaw: My brother sometimes uses my computer and I once deleted his account cause I thought he wouldn't need it, but he once wanted to use it and he didn't know my password and he created an account on his own. I do know that he has a flash drive that can bypass the password or...
  9. Unfixable security flaw in Secure Boot ??

Unfixable security flaw in Secure Boot ??: This guy writes about security issues. Windows Secure Boot: Insecure by design and mostly likely cant be fixed | Network World 59744
  10. Symantec won't patch 'catastrophic' security flaws until mid-July

in Windows 10 News
    Symantec won't patch 'catastrophic' security flaws until mid-July: Symantec admits it won't patch 'catastrophic' security flaws until mid-July SECURITY OUTFIT Symantec has warned customers that security flaws in the firm's systems outed by Google's Project Zero last month won't be fixed until mid-July. Patches were rushed out to cover...