Windows 10: Winrar

Discus and support Winrar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Anyone know a way to make winrar close automatically after extracting a file? Thanks 178618 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by donnje, May 4, 2021.

1. donnje Win User

Winrar

Hi, Anyone know a way to make winrar close automatically after extracting a file? Thanks

:)

donnje, May 4, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

.rar file to winRAR

Hi G41axyX

Do you have WinRAR installed on your PC?

If so: right click a RAR, choose 'Open With' - Choose Another App

Important - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open rar . . .'

If WinRAR is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Again if WinRAR is not in the list, at the bottom, click 'Look for another app on this PC', then navigate to find the WinRAR executable . . .

DaveM121, May 4, 2021
  3. my screen shutdown when i open Winrar

ElouahedAli, May 4, 2021
  4. Winrar

WinRAR is not installing

Hello Rana,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with installation of WinRAR in Windows 10.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try installing the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.
    Please refer to the following Microsoft help article given below and check if that helps.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows,
    please follow the steps in the link provided below.

Make older apps or programs compatible with Windows 10

Note: Most programs created for earlier versions of Windows will work in this version of Windows, but some older programs might run poorly or not at all. You can run the Program
    Compatibility Troubleshooter on most programs to detect and fix common compatibility problems.

Important: Don’t run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter on antivirus programs, firewall software, backup software, disk utilities, or on system programs that came with
    Windows. This might cause data loss or create a security risk.

You may also try the following steps and check if that help.

To install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties

• Select Compatibility Tab

• Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list

• Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    You may also refer to the link given below.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps & More | Microsoft

Note: It will find compatibility information and get Windows compatible device drivers, app updates, and downloads.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

For more information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/5c0b9368-a9e8-4238-b1e4-45f4b7ed2fb9

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Winrar

1. Winrar - Similar Threads - Winrar

2. i downloaded windows 11 and now i cant use winrar can anyone help me please??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i downloaded windows 11 and now i cant use winrar can anyone help me please??: so i tried downloading a file i need for my computer and it wont let use it saying its a compressed file even tho i tried to uncompress it it still wont let me i just want to use winrar but it wont let me for some unkown reason please help me....
  3. i downloaded windows 11 and now i cant use winrar can anyone help me please??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i downloaded windows 11 and now i cant use winrar can anyone help me please??: so i tried downloading a file i need for my computer and it wont let use it saying its a compressed file even tho i tried to uncompress it it still wont let me i just want to use winrar but it wont let me for some unkown reason please help me....
  4. WinRAR update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinRAR update: When I purchased my laptop in 2016, the system automatically updated my laptop 9 update with WinRAR 64-bit. Since then my laptop has had little storage after other applications were installed. Is it safe to delete or uninstall these updates?...
  5. WinRAR update

WinRAR update: When I purchased my laptop in 2016, the system automatically updated my laptop 9 update with WinRAR 64-bit. Since then my laptop has had little storage after other applications were installed. Is it safe to delete or uninstall these updates?...
  6. WinRAR update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. in my pc the winrar app is default but whenever i extract a file the windows explorer tries...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in my pc the winrar app is default but whenever i extract a file the windows explorer tries...: in my pc the winrar app is default but whenever i extract a file the windows explorer tries to extract it how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-my-pc-the-winrar-app-is-default-but-whenever-i/76a99d85-9780-456a-bcf7-927004a7e223
  8. in my pc the winrar app is default but whenever i extract a file the windows explorer tries...

in my pc the winrar app is default but whenever i extract a file the windows explorer tries...: in my pc the winrar app is default but whenever i extract a file the windows explorer tries to extract it how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-my-pc-the-winrar-app-is-default-but-whenever-i/76a99d85-9780-456a-bcf7-927004a7e223
  9. Why do deleted winRAR files .rar still appear in the extraction page area?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do deleted winRAR files .rar still appear in the extraction page area?: While extracting a .rar, winRAR gives me an option to choose which destination path to extract it to. However, when clicking on the down arrow next to that option, files that I've deleted still appear in the directory format as available options to extract to...
  10. Why do deleted winRAR files .rar still appear in the extraction page area?

Why do deleted winRAR files .rar still appear in the extraction page area?: While extracting a .rar, winRAR gives me an option to choose which destination path to extract it to. However, when clicking on the down arrow next to that option, files that I've deleted still appear in the directory format as available options to extract to...