Windows 10: Winre on my Win 10 isnt working after a system restore. Possible to fix WinRe, or do I need...

Discus and support Winre on my Win 10 isnt working after a system restore. Possible to fix WinRe, or do I need... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey My system works perfectly! However, a while ago, I needed to do a system restore. And since then, my WinRE isn't working. And what I can read,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jonas The Swedish Goth, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Winre on my Win 10 isnt working after a system restore. Possible to fix WinRe, or do I need...

Hey

My system works perfectly!

However, a while ago, I needed to do a system restore. And since then, my WinRE isn't working. And what I can read, the directories and files, are not where they should be. I had just performed a Repair windows upgrade with a Windows ISO.

I have used a Windows ISO, to mount on the PC, to repair DISM, which worked fine. It is possible that windows got confused and have registry for 2 DISM image.

But I am without a WinRE.

Is there any tool that gives you WinRE back? (The partition is still there)

Anyone who knows what to do to check my system where WinRE is, and fix whats wrong?

Or, do I have to Install Windows (Clean install), to get WinRE back?

Any logs I can show that will help anyone, assist me?

Thanks!

:)

Jonas The Swedish Goth, Jul 10, 2019

2. Winre on my Win 10 isnt working after a system restore. Possible to fix WinRe, or do I need to re-install Win 10?

Hey!

Thanks for replying so quickly.

Here is my Disk manager:

Winre on my Win 10 isnt working after a system restore. Possible to fix WinRe, or do I need... bc5a0930-4e14-4806-9531-be01690be141?upload=true.jpg

Does a USB Win 10 Installation Media work the same way as WinRE?

If so, Ill hold off with the clean install.

But I THINK my system restore isnt 100% if WinRE is missing. However, it did work.

Any other SS och logs you want to look at?

Jonas The Swedish Goth, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Winre on my Win 10 isnt working after a system restore. Possible to fix WinRe, or do I need to re-install Win 10?

Hey

My system works perfectly!

However, a while ago, I needed to do a system restore. And since then, my WinRE isn't working. And what I can read, the directories and files, are not where they should be. I had just performed a Repair windows upgrade with a Windows ISO.

I have used a Windows ISO, to mount on the PC, to repair DISM, which worked fine. It is possible that windows got confused and have registry for 2 DISM image.

But I am without a WinRE.

Is there any tool that gives you WinRE back? (The partition is still there)

Anyone who knows what to do to check my system where WinRE is, and fix whats wrong?

Or, do I have to Install Windows (Clean install), to get WinRE back?

Any logs I can show that will help anyone, assist me?

Thanks!

Jonas The Swedish Goth, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Winre on my Win 10 isnt working after a system restore. Possible to fix WinRe, or do I need...

Winre on my Win 10 isnt working after a system restore. Possible to fix WinRe, or do I need to re-install Win 10?

Jonas -

The steps for drivers are important enough that they are printed in red, so please do look over and compare the install in the link because it's been used by millions and no one ever returned with another problem I have seen as long as they followed the
    steps.

See here how to remove duplicate files easiest:

How to Find (and Remove) Duplicate Files in Windows 10

Did you see the tutorial I also gave for how to restore the Recovery partition?

Restoring Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) in Windows 10 | Windows OS Hub

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Winre on my Win 10 isnt working after a system restore. Possible to fix WinRe, or do I need...

1. Winre on my Win 10 isnt working after a system restore. Possible to fix WinRe, or do I need... - Similar Threads - Winre isnt working

2. can i fix my WinRE recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i fix my WinRE recovery partition: i tried to follow the instructions i got from the update and managed to format my recovery drive.no great big deal every thing else still works except cant reset pc. if i re install from a cd will thatfix the recovery drive. or is there any thing i can do now using command? i...
  3. can i fix my WinRE recovery partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i fix my WinRE recovery partition: i tried to follow the instructions i got from the update and managed to format my recovery drive.no great big deal every thing else still works except cant reset pc. if i re install from a cd will thatfix the recovery drive. or is there any thing i can do now using command? i...
  4. can i fix my WinRE recovery partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I get my WinRe back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my WinRe back?: I have a laptop running on Windows 11 version 22H2.About a year ago, I dual-booted by laptop with Linux Ubuntu as the other OS. Two days ago, I then decided to delete my Linux dual-boot. This meant deleting the disk partition that I created for it I reserved around 120 GB for...
  6. WinRE is not installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WinRE is not installed: I'm using windows 10, and I realized when trying to factory reset it, the file didn't EXISTYes, I checked the command prompt to see if it was somewhere elseNo, it didn't show the location....
  7. WinRE not enabling!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinRE not enabling!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Windows Recovery Environment not enabling and location is not written. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winre-not-enabling/f4fe3106-fc51-45e8-82fd-e682f5fa657a
  8. Costumize win 10 winre

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Costumize win 10 winre: Is there a way to customize, add or remove winre settings and tools? At the moment I am interested in the ability to disable the password request when restoring the system from the image and add additional diagnostic utilities submitted by /u/Scotobaza [link] [comments]...
  9. Stuck in WinRE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in WinRE: [IMG]Anyone can help, Please? I got very important document inside my laptop. After my laptop pop up blue screen showing error, I restart it then it became like this. No matter what option I choose it can’t be complete. For more information: I just update some of the window...
  10. What is WinRE?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is WinRE?: I have Windows 10 running on a 250Gb hard drive. But the latest update hasn't got space to install. I have removed all of the potentially wasteful Apps, but with no success. When I look in Defrag and Optimise, there are 2 drives; C:\ and WinRE. WinRE is labelled as "never...