Windows 10: winre.wim file is missing

Discus and support winre.wim file is missing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was recently trying to reset my pc but it is showing me an error that Recovery Enviorment not found. After trying so many fixes I found that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Akshat kumar0918, May 29, 2020.

1. winre.wim file is missing

I was recently trying to reset my pc but it is showing me an error that Recovery Enviorment not found.

After trying so many fixes I found that winre.wim file is missing from my C:\Windows\System32\Recovery

I also don't have any restore point of my windows

please help me in resetting my pc.

:)

Akshat kumar0918, May 29, 2020
  2. johnspack Win User

Compacting a wim file?

Sorry, no idea where to put this. I just recently learned how to use dism. I use it to slipstream all hotfixes and ie10 ect into an AIO install disc. The problem is, it creates a huge install.wim after 8 index mounts and slipstreams. Considering all 8 images use the same darn wim and files, don't know why it has to increase the wim size by 1gig. Either I need to figure out how to use the same wim.install file for all indexes, or I need to compact the wim file which is now 4gbs with ie10 and all updates to April. Any way to do either?

johnspack, May 29, 2020
  3. johnspack Win User
    Compacting a wim file?

Actually it turns out the answer is the dism that comes with Win8. Using the new Export-Image command, and a simple batch file, was able to compress my AIO wim by several hundred mbs.

johnspack, May 29, 2020
  4. Cliff S Win User

winre.wim file is missing

Convert ESD file to WIM using DISM in Windows 10

I just needed to do it to grab the Winre from a newer ESD ISO(the official one from the release date, instead of the one I had the Friday before).

Just so others know, you need to do these steps if you wish to replace missing or corrupt Windows system files and libraries(.dll)(not so sure about replacing folders though).

*InfoIt must come from a Install .wim and not .esd

Cliff S, May 29, 2020
Thema:

winre.wim file is missing

1. winre.wim file is missing - Similar Threads - winre wim file

2. Recover from WIM files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover from WIM files.: I ran a backup via USB with windows 11 backup on 1/20/2024 in plans that if I ever needed a backup, I would have it. So slightly fast forward to now, I need the backup and I can't select it to restore. I have tried several different options via recovery including recover from...
  3. Recover from WIM files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover from WIM files.: I ran a backup via USB with windows 11 backup on 1/20/2024 in plans that if I ever needed a backup, I would have it. So slightly fast forward to now, I need the backup and I can't select it to restore. I have tried several different options via recovery including recover from...
  4. Missing winRe, problems with login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing winRe, problems with login: Hello everyone, so... I have two problems actually. First, the WinRE is missing completely from my win 10. And second problem is, that after I changed the boot options to recovery mode to try to look where might be the problem with WinRE, I locked myself completely out of thr...
  5. Missing winRe, problems with login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing winRe, problems with login: Hello everyone, so... I have two problems actually. First, the WinRE is missing completely from my win 10. And second problem is, that after I changed the boot options to recovery mode to try to look where might be the problem with WinRE, I locked myself completely out of thr...
  6. performance on generating a wim file

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    performance on generating a wim file: I have a WinPE bootable USB drive. After booting from the usb, I use dism /capture-image /imagefile:E:\install.wim /capturedir*Biggrin:\ /ScratchDir:E:\Scratch /name:"AnyName" /compress:maximum /checkintegrity /verify /bootable to generate a wim file. I got an wim file that...
  7. Viruses in an old WIM file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Viruses in an old WIM file: Hi Windows Defender (latest Windows 10 version) is reporting several viruses contained in an old WIM file produced under Windows 7 or 8. However, it just "hangs" when trying to solve the problem. I have tried to delete the file, cut and paste it to a memory stick, rename...
  8. Open in WIM files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Open in WIM files: I backed up the files to a potable disk drive on my bad computer. Now I want to view those file but they are WIM files. How can I view them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-in-wim-files/73872582-e4fe-4c76-9fb6-11924698ab83
  9. how to open wim files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to open wim files: i backed up my files, folders, pictures on a usb drive before it crashed. Purchased a new computer everything loaded, windows 10, now putting in the usb drive everthing is wim files, how do you open them...
  10. convert wim file to vdh

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    convert wim file to vdh: I have several custom wim files each containing bootable windows 7 images plus applications how do I convert these to a format to run as virtual PC's in VMware or Virtual box. There are many solutions out there (notably using a convert-windowsimage .ps1 in powershell) but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winre.wim not found windows 10 from usb

2. winre windows 10 missing

3. winre.wim file missing