Windows 10: winRE.wim package apply Powershell somehow doesnt work

Discus and support winRE.wim package apply Powershell somehow doesnt work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, im trying to make Windows RE applicable over PXE for an easier recovery routine. For that i extracted a winRE.wim file from install.wim and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KaiKraecker9088, Feb 1, 2021.

1. winRE.wim package apply Powershell somehow doesnt work

Hi,

im trying to make Windows RE applicable over PXE for an easier recovery routine. For that i extracted a winRE.wim file from install.wim and mounted that.

I wanted to add Powershell as a feature by adding it with the follwing command:

dism /Image:mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:winPE-Powershell_de-de.cab

However I'm getting the following error:

Error: 0x800f081e

The specified package is not applicable to the image

What i tried to do:

I know that the error means that the version are either not matching or some requirements are missing.

I tried to check the version and made sure both are 1803. Still no success.

I tried installing some other cab files which could be required but i cant install them either.

Im following a tutorial from some website and he could install the package without previous requirements so i dont think thats the issue.

:)

KaiKraecker9088, Feb 1, 2021
  2. lvgandhi Win User

powershell help does not seem to work

Thanks for response.
    I have done chkdsk C: /f also.
    still not working. I tried your suggestion also. That also does not work.
    But as I said get-help dir works. Please see below

winRE.wim package apply Powershell somehow doesnt work [​IMG]

lvgandhi, Feb 1, 2021
  3. How to apply unattended.xml when applying a wim file from a bootable

Hy i am trying to apply a wim file to a new laptop, but i want to include the unattended file to skip some of the windows install steps like account creation and so on. I can't find a way to apply the unattended file. What is the order of applying a unattended file? First apply the wim files using dsm and then the unattended? if so what is the cmd command to apply the unattended.xml?

Also i found this article on microsoft https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...d-line-options but i dont understand the syntax . Dism /image:C:\test\offline /Apply-Unattend:C:\test\answerfiles\myunattend.xml . What does image:C:\test\offline refer to?

Thanks,

Traian

Traian Niculai, Feb 1, 2021
  4. edelator Win User

winRE.wim package apply Powershell somehow doesnt work

Windows Update / DISM / MBSA / PowerShell Reporting

In creating Windows images I have been applying Windows updates to Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 mounted WIM files using the DISM /Add-Package command. Applying the packages occurs without error, however once the updated WIM is deployed checking on
    the status of an applied package is not consistent between MBSA and the PowerShell command get-hotfix. MBSA will report that the package is not installed while the PowerShell get-hotfix command will show that the package is installed. Additionally the package
    will show as installed by checking Add/Remove programs "View installed updates". So I believe the issue is a deficiency in MBSA.

MBSA is being run offline using the wsusscn2.cab file and the command: mbsacli.exe /nd /catalog wsusscn2.cab

Is this a known issue? Any workarounds or plans to update MBSA to support updates applied through DISM?

edelator, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

winRE.wim package apply Powershell somehow doesnt work

1. winRE.wim package apply Powershell somehow doesnt work - Similar Threads - winRE wim package

2. Install Cortana by PowerShell if package is not available

in Cortana
    Install Cortana by PowerShell if package is not available: Since I cannot use the Store, I need to install Cortana by PowerShell. If I typeAppxPackage -AllUsers Where {$_.Name -Match "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana" }there is no result. Cortana is NOT installed. If I type Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.Cortana Foreach...
  3. Install Cortana by PowerShell if package is not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Cortana by PowerShell if package is not available: Since I cannot use the Store, I need to install Cortana by PowerShell. If I typeAppxPackage -AllUsers Where {$_.Name -Match "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana" }there is no result. Cortana is NOT installed. If I type Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.Cortana Foreach...
  4. Install Cortana by PowerShell if package is not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. logonui.exe memory error, winre doesnt load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    logonui.exe memory error, winre doesnt load: I see the recent general tone about tech support posts on this subreddit and I understand it. However I’m in a desperate situation for help and have exhausted all else options. I have an Asus FX505D, bought 3 months ago (new), running the latest update of windows 10. I have...
  6. I cannot install this package with Powershell

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot install this package with Powershell: Hi, I want to reinstall Microsoft Store and Idk why it's uninstalled on it's own. So I have to install 4 apps : 1- Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.2.2_2.2.29512.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.Appx 2- Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.2.2_2.2.28604.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.Appx 3-...
  7. How to apply unattended.xml when applying a wim file from a bootable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to apply unattended.xml when applying a wim file from a bootable: Hy i am trying to apply a wim file to a new laptop, but i want to include the unattended file to skip some of the windows install steps like account creation and so on. I can't find a way to apply the unattended file. What is the order of applying a unattended file? First...
  8. How to apply unattended.xml when applying a wim file from a bootable

in Windows 10 Support
    How to apply unattended.xml when applying a wim file from a bootable: Hy i am trying to apply a wim file to a new laptop, but i want to include the unattended file to skip some of the windows install steps like account creation and so on. I can't find a way to apply the unattended file. What is the order of applying a unattended file? First...
  9. APPX Packages disabled in 1809 WIM - returning after 1909 Upgrade

APPX Packages disabled in 1809 WIM - returning after 1909 Upgrade: Hello, I have removed all but roughly 10 APPX packages from the WIM we use during SCCM deployment. The packages are disabled, they are not in the Start menu, and all is working fine in 1809. Here is the 'before' result of Get-ProvisionedAppxPackage:...
  10. Applying the Wim file of Windows 10 1909 UEFI

Applying the Wim file of Windows 10 1909 UEFI: After applying the wim file of Windows 10 UEFI 1909 on a new hard drive noticed the hard drive is not boot able. I did not have this problem with Windows 10 UEFI 1903. After applying the wim file was complete I got this massage: Boot configuration Data (BCD) Identifier:...