Windows 10: WinRM connexion

Discus and support WinRM connexion in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Being an IT guy, I need to install software on multiple computers. And for some reasons, we decided to install them remotely by using WinRM.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Poudandane Outchadevin, Apr 11, 2019.

1. WinRM connexion

Hello,

Being an IT guy, I need to install software on multiple computers. And for some reasons, we decided to install them remotely by using WinRM.

So on one hand, I have my Windows 10 who is a client of our domain (let's call it myDomain). And in the other hand, I have like 50 computers who are in workgroup.

To enable WinRM in both computers, I type the following command: winrm quickconfig

And I answered yes to all the questions that I was asked.

Problem:

Then from my Windows 10, I used the following command to login to one the 50 computers: Enter-Pssesion -Computername FORMATION

And I get an error.

Question:

1) With WinRM, is it possible to connect from Windows 10 client to an another Windows 10 client ? or it should be Server to Client?

2) is it possible to connect Windows Client member of a domain to Windows client WORKGROUP ?

Thanks you in advance,

Poudandane. O

:)

Poudandane Outchadevin, Apr 11, 2019
  2. Brian{PK} Win User

Windows 10 spring 2018 update 1803 clears WinRM client TrustedHosts list

After a Windows 10 machine installs the 1803 update, the WinRM client TrustedHosts list is cleared. This is a headache to go to all clients and re-establish the setting. Is this a) known and b) a bug or a feature?

Brian{PK}, Apr 11, 2019
  3. What's WinRM?

Thank you very much for your response Ed.

Is there any way to find out what could be the culprit of these entries? They seem to occur almost daily at random times.

There are 4 events which keep repeating over and over again:

Event 145: WSMan operation Enumeration started with resourceUri http://schemas.microsoft.com/wbem/ws...onfig/listener
    Event 254: Activity Transfer
    Event 161: The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: "winrm quickconfig".
    Event 142: WSMan operation Enumeration failed, error code 2150858770

ayylmao212, Apr 11, 2019
  4. O815 Win User
Thema:

WinRM connexion

1. WinRM connexion - Similar Threads - WinRM connexion

2. WinRM issue on Domain Controller - no access to remote execute PowerShell script

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WinRM issue on Domain Controller - no access to remote execute PowerShell script: I've created a script that self-provisions a virtual server on behalf of a user, that script at the end calls a remote script on the domain controller to handle the rebooting of the device, and manage the device while its rebooting because Restart-Computer -Wait doesn't...
  3. WinRM issue on Domain Controller - no access to remote execute PowerShell script

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinRM issue on Domain Controller - no access to remote execute PowerShell script: I've created a script that self-provisions a virtual server on behalf of a user, that script at the end calls a remote script on the domain controller to handle the rebooting of the device, and manage the device while its rebooting because Restart-Computer -Wait doesn't...
  4. WinRM issue on Domain Controller - no access to remote execute PowerShell script

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need help to identify the cause for WINRM Service locking up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help to identify the cause for WINRM Service locking up.: Hi all,I have a problem with the WINRM service on our Windows Server 2019 VM instance. It's stuck in a "stopping" step. We've tried "taskkill /f /pid <could be any ID>" which usual works but not in this case. This service is used by our Server Monitoring toolI know if we...
  6. Need help to identify the cause for WINRM Service locking up.

Need help to identify the cause for WINRM Service locking up.: Hi all,I have a problem with the WINRM service on our Windows Server 2019 VM instance. It's stuck in a "stopping" step. We've tried "taskkill /f /pid <could be any ID>" which usual works but not in this case. This service is used by our Server Monitoring toolI know if we...
  7. WinRM error "The device is not ready"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinRM error "The device is not ready": Hi,I'm trying to connect to a windows node windows server 2022 via WINRM using ansible and I'm getting "The device not ready error". I have researched a lot about this and did not find much promising information about this. Are there any insights that I can get to resolve...
  8. WinRM error "The device is not ready"

WinRM error "The device is not ready": Hi,I'm trying to connect to a windows node windows server 2022 via WINRM using ansible and I'm getting "The device not ready error". I have researched a lot about this and did not find much promising information about this. Are there any insights that I can get to resolve...
  9. WinRM log forwarding in Windows 2012 R2 Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinRM log forwarding in Windows 2012 R2 Server: I have various server in Active Directory with different Roles like SCCM server, Database Server, MS Lync, MS Exchange 2013 and MS Share Point Server.For their Security logs auditing, we have RSA Netwitness Platform.In of them some of services configured via WinRM method for...
  10. how to monitor USB Usages in windows 2012 r2 AD environment by WinRM for client windows 10...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to monitor USB Usages in windows 2012 r2 AD environment by WinRM for client windows 10...: I have various servers in Active Directory with different Roles like SCCM server, Database Server, MS Lync, MS Exchange 2013 and MS SharePoint Server. For their Security logs auditing, we have RSA Netwitness Platform. In them some of the services are configured via the WinRM...