Windows 10: WinRM error

Discus and support WinRM error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I change wimrm http to https and here have a problem I don't have domain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KenHsiao1, Aug 2, 2021.

1. KenHsiao1 Win User

WinRM error

I change wimrm http to https and here have a problem I don't have domain name.https://www.visualstudiogeeks.com/devops/how-to-configure-winrm-for-https-manually

:)

KenHsiao1, Aug 2, 2021
  2. VicImp Win User

Unable to configure WinRM on domain user

Hi everyone,

I'm unable to configure WinRM on a domain computer. I have a simple domain with

1) Windows server 2012

2) A client running Windows 7

If I try to run WinRM on the local Administrator, everything works fine, but if I switch to a domain user, than problems occured.

For example, if i run winrm quickconfig in powershell as the domain Administrator, then I get:

WinRM already is set up to receive requests on this machine.

WSManFault

Message = WinRM cannot process the request. The following error occured while using Negotiate authentication: An unknown security error occurred.

Possible causes are:

-The user name or password specified are invalid.

-Kerberos is used when no authentication method and no user name are specified.

-Kerberos accepts domain user names, but not local user names.

-The Service Principal Name (SPN) for the remote computer name and port does not exist.

-The client and remote computers are in different domains and there is no trust between the two domains.

After checking for the above issues, try the following:

-Check the Event Viewer for events related to authentication.

-Change the authentication method; add the destination computer to the WinRM TrustedHosts configuration setting or use

HTTPS transport.

Note that computers in the TrustedHosts list might not be authenticated.

-For more information about WinRM configuration, run the following command: winrm help config.

Error number: -2144108387 0x8033809D

An unknown security error occurred.

When i run it as local admin, everything goes well.

So, what am I missing?

VicImp, Aug 2, 2021
  3. WinRM connexion

Hello,

Being an IT guy, I need to install software on multiple computers. And for some reasons, we decided to install them remotely by using WinRM.

So on one hand, I have my Windows 10 who is a client of our domain (let's call it
    myDomain). And in the other hand, I have like 50 computers who are in
    workgroup.

To enable WinRM in both computers, I type the following command: winrm quickconfig

And I answered yes to all the questions that I was asked.

Problem:

Then from my Windows 10, I used the following command to login to one the 50 computers: Enter-Pssesion -Computername
    FORMATION

And I get an error.

Question:

1) With WinRM, is it possible to connect from Windows 10 client to an another
    Windows 10 client ? or it should be Server to
    Client
    ?

2) is it possible to connect Windows Client member of a domain to
    Windows client WORKGROUP ?

Thanks you in advance,

Poudandane. O

Poudandane Outchadevin, Aug 2, 2021
  4. WinRM error

Windows Admin Center WinRM not working over VPN

Hello all, I use Windows Admin Center often to manage my server (OS: Hyper-V Server) and workstations (Windows 10 PCs), and I have WinRM configured for all of them.

However, when I switch to VPN, I can access all my workstations fine, except my server, which returns a WinRM error:

I am puzzled as to why WinRM access to the workstations works over VPN, but not the server.

In Powershell, Test-NetConnection to the server over ports 5985 and 5986 works without VPN;

however when the VPN is turned on TcpTest works on 5986 but fails for 5985.

Test-NetConnection to the workstations over ports 5985 and 5986 works with and without VPN!

Now I'm not sure what to do with this information. Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated!

sysadmin_GLNS, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

WinRM error

1. WinRM error - Similar Threads - WinRM error

2. WinRM issue on Domain Controller - no access to remote execute PowerShell script

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WinRM issue on Domain Controller - no access to remote execute PowerShell script: I've created a script that self-provisions a virtual server on behalf of a user, that script at the end calls a remote script on the domain controller to handle the rebooting of the device, and manage the device while its rebooting because Restart-Computer -Wait doesn't...
  3. WinRM issue on Domain Controller - no access to remote execute PowerShell script

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinRM issue on Domain Controller - no access to remote execute PowerShell script: I've created a script that self-provisions a virtual server on behalf of a user, that script at the end calls a remote script on the domain controller to handle the rebooting of the device, and manage the device while its rebooting because Restart-Computer -Wait doesn't...
  4. WinRM issue on Domain Controller - no access to remote execute PowerShell script

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need help to identify the cause for WINRM Service locking up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help to identify the cause for WINRM Service locking up.: Hi all,I have a problem with the WINRM service on our Windows Server 2019 VM instance. It's stuck in a "stopping" step. We've tried "taskkill /f /pid <could be any ID>" which usual works but not in this case. This service is used by our Server Monitoring toolI know if we...
  6. Need help to identify the cause for WINRM Service locking up.

Need help to identify the cause for WINRM Service locking up.: Hi all,I have a problem with the WINRM service on our Windows Server 2019 VM instance. It's stuck in a "stopping" step. We've tried "taskkill /f /pid <could be any ID>" which usual works but not in this case. This service is used by our Server Monitoring toolI know if we...
  7. WinRM error "The device is not ready"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinRM error "The device is not ready": Hi,I'm trying to connect to a windows node windows server 2022 via WINRM using ansible and I'm getting "The device not ready error". I have researched a lot about this and did not find much promising information about this. Are there any insights that I can get to resolve...
  8. WinRM error "The device is not ready"

WinRM error "The device is not ready": Hi,I'm trying to connect to a windows node windows server 2022 via WINRM using ansible and I'm getting "The device not ready error". I have researched a lot about this and did not find much promising information about this. Are there any insights that I can get to resolve...
  9. how to monitor USB Usages in windows 2012 r2 AD environment by WinRM for client windows 10...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to monitor USB Usages in windows 2012 r2 AD environment by WinRM for client windows 10...: I have various servers in Active Directory with different Roles like SCCM server, Database Server, MS Lync, MS Exchange 2013 and MS SharePoint Server. For their Security logs auditing, we have RSA Netwitness Platform. In them some of the services are configured via the WinRM...
  10. WinRM certificate error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WinRM certificate error: I have fix that error. I run every things again,and here have the same error. I don't have domain name.https://www.visualstudiogeeks.com/devops/how-to-configure-winrm-for-https-manually...