Windows 10: WinRM remoting server with local Adminnistrator account

Discus and support WinRM remoting server with local Adminnistrator account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a server Windows 2012R2 Standard in the domain. I can have a powershell remote session when i use a domain account. but it doesnt work using a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ShahyadSharghi, Jan 27, 2020.

1. WinRM remoting server with local Adminnistrator account

I have a server Windows 2012R2 Standard in the domain. I can have a powershell remote session when i use a domain account. but it doesnt work using a local account. both user accounts are in the administrators group

the following command is working fine.

New-PSSession -ComputerName myservername -Credential mydomainname\myusername1

but the following command using a local account

New-PSSession -ComputerName myservername -Credential myservername\myusername2

raises the following error message

New-PSSession : [myservername] Connecting to remote server myservername failed with the following error message : WinRM cannot process the request. The following error with errorcode 0x80090311 occurred while using Kerberos authentication: We can't sign you in with this credential because your domain isn't available. Make sure your device is connected to your organization's network and try again. If you previously signed in on this device with another credential, you can sign in with that credential. Possible causes are: -The user name or password specified are invalid. -Kerberos is used when no authentication method and no user name are specified. -Kerberos accepts domain user names, but not local user names. -The Service Principal Name SPN for the remote computer name and port does not exist. -The client and remote computers are in different domains and there is no trust between the two domains. After checking for the above issues, try the following: -Check the Event Viewer for events related to authentication. -Change the authentication method; add the destination computer to the WinRM TrustedHosts configuration setting or use HTTPS transport. Note that computers in the TrustedHosts list might not be authenticated. -For more information about WinRM configuration, run the following command: winrm help config. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic. At line:1 char:1 + New-PSSession -ComputerName myservername -Credential my ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : OpenError: System.Manageme....RemoteRunspace:RemoteRunspace [New-PSSession], PSRemotingTran sportException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : AuthenticationFailed,PSSessionOpenFailed

:)

ShahyadSharghi, Jan 27, 2020
  2. VicImp Win User

Unable to configure WinRM on domain user

Hi everyone,

I'm unable to configure WinRM on a domain computer. I have a simple domain with

1) Windows server 2012

2) A client running Windows 7

If I try to run WinRM on the local Administrator, everything works fine, but if I switch to a domain user, than problems occured.

For example, if i run winrm quickconfig in powershell as the domain Administrator, then I get:

WinRM already is set up to receive requests on this machine.

WSManFault

Message = WinRM cannot process the request. The following error occured while using Negotiate authentication: An unknown security error occurred.

Possible causes are:

-The user name or password specified are invalid.

-Kerberos is used when no authentication method and no user name are specified.

-Kerberos accepts domain user names, but not local user names.

-The Service Principal Name (SPN) for the remote computer name and port does not exist.

-The client and remote computers are in different domains and there is no trust between the two domains.

After checking for the above issues, try the following:

-Check the Event Viewer for events related to authentication.

-Change the authentication method; add the destination computer to the WinRM TrustedHosts configuration setting or use

HTTPS transport.

Note that computers in the TrustedHosts list might not be authenticated.

-For more information about WinRM configuration, run the following command: winrm help config.

Error number: -2144108387 0x8033809D

An unknown security error occurred.

When i run it as local admin, everything goes well.

So, what am I missing?

VicImp, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

WinRM remoting server with local Adminnistrator account

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

WinRM remoting server with local Adminnistrator account

1. WinRM remoting server with local Adminnistrator account - Similar Threads - WinRM remoting server

2. The Internet disappears when you connect remotely to a local server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Internet disappears when you connect remotely to a local server: I have a laptop Aspire A315-59, Windows 11 pro.Network Card Model: Mediatek MTK7663.The essence of the problem:I have local servers at work that I am trying to connect to. My computer and the server computer are on the same local network. I want to connect to it remotely. For...
  3. The Internet disappears when you connect remotely to a local server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Internet disappears when you connect remotely to a local server: I have a laptop Aspire A315-59, Windows 11 pro.Network Card Model: Mediatek MTK7663.The essence of the problem:I have local servers at work that I am trying to connect to. My computer and the server computer are on the same local network. I want to connect to it remotely. For...
  4. WinRM log forwarding in Windows 2012 R2 Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinRM log forwarding in Windows 2012 R2 Server: I have various server in Active Directory with different Roles like SCCM server, Database Server, MS Lync, MS Exchange 2013 and MS Share Point Server.For their Security logs auditing, we have RSA Netwitness Platform.In of them some of services configured via WinRM method for...
  5. WinRM log forwarding in Windows 2012 R2 Server

WinRM log forwarding in Windows 2012 R2 Server: I have various server in Active Directory with different Roles like SCCM server, Database Server, MS Lync, MS Exchange 2013 and MS Share Point Server.For their Security logs auditing, we have RSA Netwitness Platform.In of them some of services configured via WinRM method for...
  6. Remote Desktop: Only local account works?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop: Only local account works?: Hello Microsoft Community,I recently tried to use remote desktop to access my home computer from my work laptop. My work computer is in a build of Windows 10 while my home laptop is running Windows 11. However, I was unable to connect because it kept telling me that my...
  7. Remote Desktop: Only local account works?

Remote Desktop: Only local account works?: Hello Microsoft Community,I recently tried to use remote desktop to access my home computer from my work laptop. My work computer is in a build of Windows 10 while my home laptop is running Windows 11. However, I was unable to connect because it kept telling me that my...
  8. Calibre Server Accessible Locally but not Remotely

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Calibre Server Accessible Locally but not Remotely: I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 2004 So if I type my localip:port in my browser Calibre pops right up on my network.....but when testing my ISPip:port in browser, it just says my computer "Refused to connect". I tried 2 different ports, both the default and then one I...
  9. Remote Desktop Connection for local account with no password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection for local account with no password: I setup all the computers in my house to have the same username and no password - all of them boot up and go directly to the desktop without any need to login. Each one is a Local Account and is Administrator. When I setup remote desktop under User Accounts it specifically...
  10. Not able to connect to remote windows server winrm, from one machine. Other machine works...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to connect to remote windows server winrm, from one machine. Other machine works...: Hi, I have 3 computer 01, 010994 and 024166. Now, from 010994 I am able to successfully run `test-wsman 01` and it works but from 024166 it gives me following error test-wsman : <f:WSManFault xmlns:f="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wbem/wsman/1/wsmanfault" Code="2150858770"...