Windows 10: WinRT: WriteClientCharacteristicConfigurationDescriptorAsync no more works on Win11

Discus and support WinRT: WriteClientCharacteristicConfigurationDescriptorAsync no more works on Win11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Good Morning,I have a native C++ DLL managing BLE Bluetooth Low Energey connection who use the internal Bluetooth card of the computer. All works fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jiufin, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Jiufin Win User

WinRT: WriteClientCharacteristicConfigurationDescriptorAsync no more works on Win11

Good Morning,I have a native C++ DLL managing BLE Bluetooth Low Energey connection who use the internal Bluetooth card of the computer. All works fine on Win10, I never had any problem connecting or reconnecting a device since 2019. Then I pass under Win11 and none of the function used after discover services seems to work. I never received the callback of the function: - GetCharacteristicsWithCacheModeAsync - GetDescriptorsWithCacheModeAsync - WriteClientCharacteristicConfigurationDescriptorAsyncSo I change the two first function to the equivalent function without cache mode and

:)

Jiufin, Aug 10, 2022

2. Snip & Sketch - saving to Desktop sometimes works and sometimes does Not work (Win11)

On Win11 Snip & Sketch sometimes copies from the clipboard to the desktop and sometimes does Not

copy to the Desktop. The failed copies are listed in the recent action list, but when accessed Win11 gives

the error that "file has been moved"....

So I went into Settings to check that "Autocopy to Clipboard" was On

I noticed that there was also a setting for "Save Snips" which gives a confirmation

box when doing a save - so I set this to On

Somehow confirming the save seems to have fixed the problem, adding a step is a drag, but

at least now snip & sketch has been working every time

jmwatt1234, Aug 10, 2022
  3. Win11 upgrade not coming

If you checked again my previous replies, you can see ASUS re-installed my new notebook a even newer Win10 Home installation. After this 2nd time installation, I only did these to the toy:

1. installed chrome
    2. changed its display brightness
    3. changed wallpaper
    After your previous suggestion, the 1 month temp McAfee was gone.

I can't figure out why I can't upgrade to Win11 for such a new notebook. Newer notebook will come with Win11 natively WinRT: WriteClientCharacteristicConfigurationDescriptorAsync no more works on Win11 :)

MingCheng6, Aug 10, 2022
  4. WinRT: WriteClientCharacteristicConfigurationDescriptorAsync no more works on Win11

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

WinRT: WriteClientCharacteristicConfigurationDescriptorAsync no more works on Win11

1. WinRT: WriteClientCharacteristicConfigurationDescriptorAsync no more works on Win11 - Similar Threads - WinRT WriteClientCharacteristicConfigurationDescriptorAsync more

2. Open with - Microsoft WinRT Storage API

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open with - Microsoft WinRT Storage API: Hi,Today I'm trying installing DolbyVision+HDR.AppxBundle. When I got stuck during the initial installation, I cancelled it and reinstalled, and this time the installation was successful.However, after installation, right-clicking on a MP4 or MKV, one of the options is...
  3. Open with - Microsoft WinRT Storage API

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open with - Microsoft WinRT Storage API: Hi,Since my PC updated to Win 11 22H2 Pro, right-clicking on a JPG, one of the options is "Microsoft WinRT Storage API", clicking on this just brings up the error message "Element not found". I can find no way of removing this "open-with" item.Just to clarify, I have seen...
  4. Displayswitch.exe is not working in Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Displayswitch.exe is not working in Win11: Hi Microsoft CommunityIm trying to change the display mode using command prompt & execution displayswitch.exe /extend or displayswitch.exe /clone ...etc.But i see the Projection mode options pop-up window reflected when above command is executed but the mode doesnt get change...
  5. WinRT: WriteClientCharacteristicConfigurationDescriptorAs ync no more works on Win11

WinRT: WriteClientCharacteristicConfigurationDescriptorAs ync no more works on Win11: Good Morning,I have a native C++ DLL managing BLE Bluetooth Low Energey connection who use the internal Bluetooth card of the computer. All works fine on Win10, I never had any problem connecting or reconnecting a device since 2019. Then I pass under Win11 and none of the...
  6. WOL not work on Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WOL not work on Win11: Hi,My laptopacer aspire Wake on LAN function works normally on Win10 and not work after upgrading to Win11. Wake on lan from S0ix is failed. I've tried everything i can do, ex: LAN related setting in device manager/BIOS setting...etc. and still not work!!Is this MSFT Win11...
  7. WOL not work on Win11

WOL not work on Win11: Hi,My laptopacer aspire Wake on LAN function works normally on Win10 and not work after upgrading to Win11. Wake on lan from S0ix is failed. I've tried everything i can do, ex: LAN related setting in device manager/BIOS setting...etc. and still not work!!Is this MSFT Win11...
  8. Solving the Elusive Win11 Task Manager & more

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solving the Elusive Win11 Task Manager & more: Some Folks grumble about not having Task Mgr via Rt Clk on the taskbar in Windows 1... even though it has nothing to do with the taskbar AND can be found by Rt Clk the Win logo or Win+X. But if you don't like the Win11 arrangement an easy solution is to Pin Task Mgr to the...
  9. Solving the Elusive Win11 Task Manager & more

Solving the Elusive Win11 Task Manager & more: Some Folks grumble about not having Task Mgr via Rt Clk on the taskbar in Windows 1... even though it has nothing to do with the taskbar AND can be found by Rt Clk the Win logo or Win+X. But if you don't like the Win11 arrangement an easy solution is to Pin Task Mgr to the...
  10. Fluent Design in C++Winrt

Fluent Design in C++Winrt: Hi,I want to know how to create fluent design in C++Winrt I cant find any tutorials https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fluent-design-in-cwinrt/1eac4127-cfbf-40e7-a3ca-5ad0f392eb97