Windows 10: Wins 10 Maill Apps - unable to open attachment unless the file is downloaded.

Discus and support Wins 10 Maill Apps - unable to open attachment unless the file is downloaded. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; it seems like i cannot open and view attachment in the Mail Apps in my windows 10. The only option i have is to download the file and open it. i tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/YunZhen97, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Wins 10 Maill Apps - unable to open attachment unless the file is downloaded.

it seems like i cannot open and view attachment in the Mail Apps in my windows 10. The only option i have is to download the file and open it. i tried the same email account on another computer ( win 10) , the attachment can be open without saving the attachment. i try to search online for solution and found out a lot of users have the same problem but cant find the solution. i try resetting the apps in the control panel but it does not help.

what should i do ? it is annoying as every time i have to download the file and delete the file.

submitted by /u/YunZhen97
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/YunZhen97, Dec 2, 2019

2. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Unable to attach documents to email error The following files couldn't be attached: IMG.pdf. Please try again later

Hi Mikalbe,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How are you accessing mail e.g. Mail app or Outlook?
    • Is the issue with a particular format of attachments?
    I suggest you to try attaching a different format of file and check if you are able to attach file and send mail. Also install all pending Windows updates and check. If the issue still persists follow the steps below.

App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run app troubleshooter for issues related to edge and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Do let us know if you are able to attach files to email. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 2, 2019
  4. esmorax Win User

Wins 10 Maill Apps - unable to open attachment unless the file is downloaded.

Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

Wins 10 Maill Apps - unable to open attachment unless the file is downloaded. [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Wins 10 Maill Apps - unable to open attachment unless the file is downloaded.

1. Wins 10 Maill Apps - unable to open attachment unless the file is downloaded. - Similar Threads - Wins Maill Apps

2. Unable to open attachments.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open attachments.: When I try to open attachments or download the command goes to a "Save As" folder with a Save or Cancel option. Before the recent upgrade I was able to download and the attachment would open. What can I do to get this back to opening my attachments?...
  3. Unable to open attachments.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open attachments.: When I try to open attachments or download the command goes to a "Save As" folder with a Save or Cancel option. Before the recent upgrade I was able to download and the attachment would open. What can I do to get this back to opening my attachments?...
  4. Unable to open attachments.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to open downloaded files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open downloaded files: Suddenly today I am unable to open any downloaded item. I get the message: Windows cannot find 'C:\users....jpg'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again. Any ideas?...
  6. unable to "see" phone files when attached to PC Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to "see" phone files when attached to PC Win 10: Unable to "see" phone files after the latest Win 10 push. Phone did show in file explorer before this latest update. Any suggestions would be appreciated...
  7. Unable to download win 10 iso file.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to download win 10 iso file.: [ATTACH] Hey guys I encountered an error while I attempt to download win 10 iso file from my I pad pro. please help me getting out of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-win-10-iso-file/d770a3d7-817b-4802-bbac-1ed5e374b2c9
  8. Windows Maill App- not working

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Maill App- not working: Yesterday was updated. Now Mail app not working. It starts and then disappears. 117489
  9. Windows Maill App- not working

Windows Maill App- not working: Yesterday was updated. Now Mail app not working. It starts and then disappears. 117489
  10. Broken Maill and Calendar App

Broken Maill and Calendar App: Hi everyone just a small issue I hope someone can figure it I have been at it for a couple of hours now, my Mail and calendar app do not open they flicker on the screen and vanish instantly as I click to open them. Strangely Mail and calendar does ask for an update if I...