Windows 10: Wins 10 reinstall from Wins 8.1

Discus and support Wins 10 reinstall from Wins 8.1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I understand that I can re-install Wins 10 from free upgrade but if I bought a disc of Wins 8.1 how do I install Wins 10 or is it just from web-site... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cadmin, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Cadmin Win User

Wins 10 reinstall from Wins 8.1

I understand that I can re-install Wins 10 from free upgrade but if I bought a disc of Wins 8.1 how do I install Wins 10 or is it just from web-site and type in my product for Wins 8.1?

:)

Cadmin, Aug 14, 2018

2. Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Aug 14, 2018
  3. RealNeil Win User
    Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Wins 10 reinstall from Wins 8.1

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

1 of my laptop has win 7, but not ufei so the key is not in the bios, but I did use the internet after I upgraded to win 10, so it's safe for me to just wipe and reinstall win 10 with win 7 key?

seems like my win 8 machine will be fine with the ufei thing.

JebusPrime, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Wins 10 reinstall from Wins 8.1

1. Wins 10 reinstall from Wins 8.1 - Similar Threads - Wins reinstall Wins

2. How to reinstall free version of Win 10 on a Win 8 machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall free version of Win 10 on a Win 8 machine.: OK here it is. I have what was originally a Win 8 machine that had a free version of Win 10 installed when Win 10 was first released. The machine has worked well, being completely offline all these years, as a photo editing suite. I've had a hard drive crash and can't find my...
  3. How to reinstall free version of Win 10 on a Win 8 machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall free version of Win 10 on a Win 8 machine.: OK here it is. I have what was originally a Win 8 machine that had a free version of Win 10 installed when Win 10 was first released. The machine has worked well, being completely offline all these years, as a photo editing suite. I've had a hard drive crash and can't find my...
  4. How to reinstall free version of Win 10 on a Win 8 machine.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1: I have downloaded Win 8.1 from Microsoft site and on unzipping to install and upgrade my Win 8, it's taking like forever for the installation to progress past 0% complete.Please what do I do?...
  6. Reinstall win 10 from 1 computer and load it on to another

Reinstall win 10 from 1 computer and load it on to another: I'm downloading a fresh reinstall win 10 from my HP laptop but using it to reinstall on my Acer as after a reinstall on it it's not working right, Can I do that and how would I download it on to the Acer. what are the steps to do it, it's loading on to a moveable hard drive?...
  7. upgrade from win 8 to win 10

upgrade from win 8 to win 10: hi can I upgrade my win 8 on a tablet samsung Ativ tab3 to win 10 thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-8-to-win-10/61700be7-585e-4c5c-8493-1a14befff78e
  8. cant upgrade from win 8 to win 10

cant upgrade from win 8 to win 10: 1. I have bought a genuine key of wins 10 pro 2. I had downloaded windows upgrade assistant and it started its work and after downlaoding 100% it says windows needs your attention on this ……. the following app is not compatible with windows uninstall it manually but...
  9. Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?: I have been under the impression that Win 10 may be like an upgrade so you don't have to re-install all your desktop programs. If it is a "refresh" what a pain *Sad If it is an upgrade will it kill Windows Media Center or might it actually survive to run in Win 10? 5917
  10. Reinstalling Win 10 starting from a Win 8 license

Reinstalling Win 10 starting from a Win 8 license: Hi, I have a Win 8 license, am running 8.1. If I upgrade to Win 10, then need to reinstall from scratch, where would I start? Starting from Win 8 would be horrendous! Thanks. 3677