Windows 10: WinSAT.exe blocked by Windows Security Ransomware Protection

Discus and support WinSAT.exe blocked by Windows Security Ransomware Protection in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home 1909 Protected Memory Access Blocked for WinSAT.exe Protected Folder: \Device\HarddiskVolume3 I have been having problems connecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Autobahn, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Autobahn Win User

WinSAT.exe blocked by Windows Security Ransomware Protection

Windows 10 Home 1909

Protected Memory Access Blocked for WinSAT.exe
    Protected Folder: \Device\HarddiskVolume3

I have been having problems connecting external hard drives (that's on another thread on this forum) and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it?

I've not unblocked it yet but I'm wondering what it does and should I allow this through and what this protected folder is, and by not letting it through what problems could occur?

:)

Autobahn, Aug 1, 2020

2. windows security wont help with ransomware protection

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing while setting up the
    Ransomware protection feature on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?
    • Is OneDrive installed on the PC?

In this scenario, if OneDrive is missing, we can try the following steps and check.

1. Download and install
      OneDrive
    2. Once OneDrive is installed, then sign in with your Microsoft account.
    3. Then Press Windows + I key and select Updates & Security.
    4. Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
    5. Click on Virus & threat protection.
    6. Scroll down and check if you still have the Setup OneDrive button.
    7. Click on Manage ransomware protection link and you will see your Microsoft Account under OneDrive.

You may also refer these articles for more information:

Microsoft Defender
    Antivirus in the Windows Security app

Stopping ransomware
    where it counts: Protecting your data with Controlled folder access

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Mean Jim Win User

Why is Controlled Folder Access (Ransomware Protection) blocking system services and programs after update to 1903.

When I was on build 1809 with ransomware protection enabled, I only got alerts for 3rd party programs trying to write to the controlled folders. Friday, Windows updated to 1903, and now I'm getting alerts that it is blocking Windows system files and services
    from protected folder and memory access.

So far it has blocked the following:

cleanmgr.exe

CompatTelRunner.exeexplorer.exe

msiexec.exe

SearchIndexer.exe
    svchost.exe

WinSAT.exe

WmiPrvSE.exe

Why is it suddenly blocking Windows system processes and services? Until the 1903 update, it never blocked any of these processes. What was a minor annoyance for the extra protection has become a major pain and about to disabled it. Whenever Defender
    blocks a program from protected folder or memory access, after allowing it I have to restart that program before it can write to the folders. Now that it is blocking system services and processes, they remain blocked until I reboot.

Mean Jim, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. WinSAT.exe blocked by Windows Security Ransomware Protection - Similar Threads - WinSAT exe blocked

2. Protection history crash / windows security blocks games .exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protection history crash / windows security blocks games .exe file: Im unable to save any changes or progress. I recieved a message: "Unauthorised changes blocked. Controlled folder access blocked game.exe". When I try to click on it and add an exception it sends me to Protection history, but it is empty with no options to add an exception...
  3. Protection history crash / windows security blocks games .exe file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Protection history crash / windows security blocks games .exe file: Im unable to save any changes or progress. I recieved a message: "Unauthorised changes blocked. Controlled folder access blocked game.exe". When I try to click on it and add an exception it sends me to Protection history, but it is empty with no options to add an exception...
  4. Protection history crash / windows security blocks games .exe file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Ransomware Protection keeps blocking svchost.exe

Ransomware Protection keeps blocking svchost.exe: Recently for whatever reason my Ransomware Protection has started to block svchost.exe from %userprofile%\videos? This happens every time I turn on my PC, I also very odd to because last I checked svchost.exe is legitimate host process and this has just started happening out...
  6. Access to Ransomware Protection blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access to Ransomware Protection blocked: I've seen multiple articles published recently that mention that Microsoft has built in ransomeware protection in Windows 10 and suggest that you can access this protection by specifying "Rasomware Protection" in the search bar. I've done this but when I press enter to access...
  7. Problems with Windows Security Ransomware Protection - Solved

Problems with Windows Security Ransomware Protection - Solved: Windows 10.0.19042: I've had 2 apps fail due to the way Windows Security has implemented Ransomware Protection. 1ClickDVD would not let me register a new version and Microsoft Works (Word and Spreadsheet) would only allow me to open read-only copies, stating that the copy was...
  8. Microsoft Defender Ransomware Protection Block Powershell.exe

Microsoft Defender Ransomware Protection Block Powershell.exe: windows Defender block this App Protecd Folder: %system%\CatRoot -Chome.exe -MRT.exe -powershell.exe -takeown.exe ********** And *********** -mscorsvw.exe (windows Defender block this App Protecd Folder:%system%\config\systemprofile) -attrib.exe (windows Defender block this...
  9. windows security wont help with ransomware protection

windows security wont help with ransomware protection: So I was checking my security protector and it said I have not set up ransomware protection so I did exactly that I clicked the open one drive button to secure it but the button does not work and I cant set up a protection from ransomware please help. thank you...
  10. Win 10 Ransomware protection blocks iTunes

Win 10 Ransomware protection blocks iTunes: Enabled Ransomware protection and now iTunes won't open. If I turn it off iTunes opens fine. I assume its because a default folder that iTunes uses (Music?) is part of the protected folders. I use the iTunes program, not the new app that MS recently added to their store. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com