Windows 10: winscomrssrv.dll start-up error Autoruns does not detect

Discus and support winscomrssrv.dll start-up error Autoruns does not detect in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello All,Was looking at the Mrs's laptop this evening as she had been having some crashes last few days. On initial inspection there appeared to be a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ASInnes, Jun 3, 2021.

1. ASInnes Win User

winscomrssrv.dll start-up error Autoruns does not detect

Hello All,Was looking at the Mrs's laptop this evening as she had been having some crashes last few days. On initial inspection there appeared to be a problem with the Windows Update service being absent and unable to run in addition to Windows Defender being blank. Managed to fix Windows Update by importing another registry Here however Windows Defender required running Windows Media to complete a repair install.Following this, with Windows Update and Windows Defender now working as intended, several files were quarantined including but not limited to StartCheckLibrary.dll, winscomrssrv.dl

:)

ASInnes, Jun 3, 2021
  2. ShiBDiB Win User

D3dx9_30.dll Not Found error in Ashes Cricket 2009

Important Note: Do not, under any circumstances, download the d3dx9_30.dll DLL file individually from any "DLL download site." There are a number of different reasons that downloading DLLs from these sites are never a good idea.

ShiBDiB, Jun 3, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    DLL Error

Yes, I thought that error was appearing too, type winscomrssrv in the Autoruns search box and do the same untick any entries found

The Notepad on Startup is a bit more complicated:

Open Windows File Explorer

On the View Ribbon, check the box marked 'Hidden Items'

Click the Options Button on the View Ribbon and choose 'Options'

In the resulting dialog click on the View tab

Scroll down through the list and uncheck 'Hide Protected Operating system files'

Click apply and OK

Now in Windows File Explorer, on the left click 'This PC'

On the right double click your hard drive and the Users folder on your C Drive

Once you are in the Users folder, in the search box, search for Desktop.ini

Let the list build, then select all the Desktop.ini files and delete them

Go back into options and check the 'Hide Protected Operating system files' box and uncheck 'Hidden items' on the View Ribbon

That's It!

DaveM121, Jun 3, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

How can I remove this virus remnant?

I was also going to suggest Autoruns.

Check to make sure it isn't attaching itself to explorer. It should be the 3rd thing listed in Autoruns, the listing for the Shell. It should just be Explorer.exe. If it is anything else, that might be your problem.

newtekie1, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

1. winscomrssrv.dll start-up error Autoruns does not detect - Similar Threads - winscomrssrv dll start

2. Windows 11 22621 refuses to start up after Autoruns shenanigans.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 22621 refuses to start up after Autoruns shenanigans.: Hi everyone, I've been using my Windows installation for about 2 years now and I'm starting to regret not sticking to my usual schedule of reinstalling at least once a year.I had some problems with Task Manager popping up randomly, and my desktop was taking sometimes up to a...
  3. AUTORUN

AUTORUN: HiWhat is this for found in my downloaded areaThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autorun/3e7ac7b4-73d9-4033-abfe-b20cef58bae4
  4. Windows 11 Autoruns not showing virus DLL NewJavaJ.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Autoruns not showing virus DLL NewJavaJ.dll: I've done the best I can to try and locate the source for NewJavaJ.dll but even in autoruns I cannot find it. I've removed the virus but cannot find what is calling on that specific DLL? I get an error on startup that the module NewJavaJ.dll cannot be found. Could use some...
  5. Windows 11 Autoruns not showing virus DLL NewJavaJ.dll

Windows 11 Autoruns not showing virus DLL NewJavaJ.dll: I've done the best I can to try and locate the source for NewJavaJ.dll but even in autoruns I cannot find it. I've removed the virus but cannot find what is calling on that specific DLL? I get an error on startup that the module NewJavaJ.dll cannot be found. Could use some...
  6. nvspcap64.dll error on start up Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    nvspcap64.dll error on start up Win 10: HI, I see there's been plenty of questions and responses about this error but none have helped me yet as I do NOT have a NVidia GPU I have an Intel GPU. The error msg appears after start up and says "There was a problem starting C:\\Windows\system32\nvspcap64.dll The...
  7. Unable to start a DCOM server - AUTORUNS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to start a DCOM server - AUTORUNS: Getting event log error 'unable to start a DCOM server' on startup. Using latest version of AUTORUNS to track down the issue. AUTORUNS defaults shows many items on startup by groups. In what group would I look at to find what would be causing 'unable to start a DCOM...
  8. Run DLL message at start-up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Run DLL message at start-up: What can I do with this message: C:users/myname/cnmss/specified module could not be found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-dll-message-at-start-up/27625cc6-4757-429f-b7d3-ac02caf4c122
  9. run dll error at start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    run dll error at start up: Since I upgraded to Windows 10, ver 1903 I get this error message: "There was a problem starting c:\windows\system32\logiLDA.dll" How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-dll-error-at-start-up/a8568b1a-116a-4f7d-9d30-d0e7262e0713
  10. autorun dll felkod

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    autorun dll felkod: Hej! har problem med att uppdateringarna inte fungerar för att ladda ner för att vinna 10 har 64 bitars felkod börjar med 3B0 tror jag hur går jag till väga ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autorun-dll-felkod/9ab59a7c-d79b-44e4-9146-cc1ea4b46428