Windows 10: Winsock 2 Bluetooth device discovery only shows paired devices

Discus and support Winsock 2 Bluetooth device discovery only shows paired devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Folks, So I am trying to use the WINSOCK 2 API for Bluetooth programming. I did a build on the example project on the MICROSOFT website see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NaPiZip, Dec 17, 2018.

1. NaPiZip Win User

Winsock 2 Bluetooth device discovery only shows paired devices

Hello Folks,

So I am trying to use the WINSOCK 2 API for Bluetooth programming. I did a build on the example project on the MICROSOFT website see here, https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsdesktop/Bluetooth-Connection-e3263296 . So project builds and code works fine.

I wrote my own function in order to just scan for available devices near me, the strange thing is that I can only see devices which my PC is paired with. Is it possible to see all nearby devices without pairing them before? Here is my code, (I did call WSAStartup(MAKEWORD(2, 2), &WSAData) successfully before):

void DiscoverDevices(void)
    {
    BLUETOOTH_DEVICE_SEARCH_PARAMS btSearchParam{};
    BLUETOOTH_DEVICE_INFO btDeviceInfo{};
    HBLUETOOTH_DEVICE_FIND hBtDevice{};

/*Setting search parameter for discovery*/
    btSearchParam.dwSize = sizeof(BLUETOOTH_DEVICE_SEARCH_PARAMS);
    btSearchParam.fIssueInquiry = TRUE;

btSearchParam.fReturnAuthenticated = TRUE;
    btSearchParam.fReturnUnknown = TRUE;
    btSearchParam.fReturnConnected = TRUE;
    btSearchParam.fReturnRemembered = FALSE;
    btSearchParam.cTimeoutMultiplier = 2;

btDeviceInfo.dwSize = sizeof(BLUETOOTH_DEVICE_INFO);

hBtDevice = BluetoothFindFirstDevice(&btSearchParam, &btDeviceInfo);
    if (hBtDevice)
    {
    wprintf(L"*********************\n");
    wprintf(L"Bluetoothapi device search started!\n");
    wprintf(L"*********************\n\n");

wprintf(L"Device name: %s\n", btDeviceInfo.szName);

while(BluetoothFindNextDevice(hBtDevice, &btDeviceInfo))
    {
    wprintf(L"Device name: %s\n", btDeviceInfo.szName);
    }

BluetoothFindDeviceClose(hBtDevice);
    }
    else
    {
    wprintf(L"Error finding first device %d\n", GetLastError());
    }
    wprintf(L"\n");
    }

:)

NaPiZip, Dec 17, 2018

2. Bluetooth Devices will not Pair

Hi,

Hopefully this is the correct Forum !

I have a Microsoft Mouse 5000 and Wedge keyboard (the early one that does not fold).
    Both have been working perfectly.

Recently I paired them both successfully with a new Samsung tablet, but when I came to use them again on my laptop,
    I found that I could not pair either of them.

I have spent countless hours researching this without success.

Here's where I am now:

Settings > Bluetooth & other devices does not list either of them.
    Device Manager > Bluetooth has both of them showing and reports both working properly.

Device Manager reports as follows:

Notebook Mouse 5000:
    No driver files are required or have been loaded
    The Events tab says that further installation is required

Wedge Mobile Keyboard:
    No driver files are required or have been loaded
    The Events tab says that further installation is required

The 2 Service Discovery Service entries also report that further installation is required.

Can anyone suggest the way forward, please ?

Regards.

stuartgb100, Dec 17, 2018
  3. RajithR Win User
    My Bluetooth device is enabled and shows as “Paired”, but isn’t working

Hello,

Windows 10 changed the status text in the Settings app for Bluetooth devices.
    Bluetooth devices will only show as “Connected” when the device is actually in use and transferring data.
    When the device is not active, the status will show as “Paired”.

Make sure Discovery is enabled for your Bluetooth devices.
    (Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth
    > More Bluetooth options. Then make sure “Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC” is enabled.) Then try removing and then re-pairing the Bluetooth device.

If the issue persists, please reply back to this thread.
    In order for us to best understand how to resolve your problem, please make sure to provide:

• The make and model of your computer

• The type of Bluetooth device, and it’s driver, version, and date of the driver version

• Any details you have regarding the symptoms, such as the error code or message you encounter
    Any workarounds that you’ve already attempted outside of the steps listed above.

RajithR, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Exerosis Win User

Bluetooth Device Not Showing

I have an LG HBS1100 Bluetooth headset that I would like to pair with my PC. Usually(on my laptop) when the headset is in pairing mode it shows up as two devices. LG HBS1100_BLE and LG HBS1100 if you attempt to pair to the _BLE device windows says "something didn't work" however it pairs just fine to the other device. Having just finished building a new desktop I sys-prepped and cloned my laptops harddrive and booted that on my desktop. After installing the Bluetooth drivers, the list of paired devices from the laptop is still here, but it won't connect to any of the devices(not surprised). I clicked remove device on HBS1100 and windows said 'Remove failed' after trying again it removed the device just fine. The issue is, now for some reason it no longer detects HBS1100, but it does detect HBS1100_BLE just fine. I tried going back to my laptop to make sure it isn't the headset, and it pairs with the laptop just fine. I also reinstalled the Bluetooth drivers on the desktop which didn't help. Any ideas?

Thank you very much ~

Exerosis, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Winsock 2 Bluetooth device discovery only shows paired devices - Similar Threads - Winsock Bluetooth device

2. pair bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pair bluetooth devices: I cant pair Bluetooth devices like mouse and keyboard. I tried to pair using my other laptop it works fine. I check on my settings and remove all the devices that paired before and try it again but still the same....
  3. pair bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pair bluetooth devices: I cant pair Bluetooth devices like mouse and keyboard. I tried to pair using my other laptop it works fine. I check on my settings and remove all the devices that paired before and try it again but still the same....
  4. pair bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. bluetooth MD-002 Audio device paired, but not showing as playback device

bluetooth MD-002 Audio device paired, but not showing as playback device: Good Day I was running Windows 10 on my laptop Acer Aspire 4743z, and had my external speakers connected via Bluetooth BCM20702A O USB Dongle. On the old Windows 10 Installation the sound could play and I could toggle between my local build in speakers, and the Bluetooth...
  6. Cant pair 2 bluetooth devices of the same class

Cant pair 2 bluetooth devices of the same class: Hello I am trying to pair 2 gear vr controllers to my pc but it will only let me pair on at a time otherwise it comes up with a try pair device again later message. I think this is because they are both in the same class of device and Windows won't allow it for them to...
  7. Trouble pairing bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble pairing bluetooth device: I have a bluetooth device (JBLFlip5) which I have been pairing to my PC. All of a sudden, it stopped pairing. The Bluetooth app on the computer doesn't even recognise it. Attached is the Bluetooth view in my Device Manager. I'd like to check out my Bluetooth drivers - but...
  8. Bluetooth shows devices but doesn't pair

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth shows devices but doesn't pair: I am trying to connect a Bluetooth headset to my PC. It works fine under Ubuntu, and I have run HP BIOS diagnostics which do not suggest the chip is broken. I have reinstalled drivers, restarted my PC several times but nothing seems to work. I have followed the...
  9. Bluetooth adaptor shows devices but will not pair.

Bluetooth adaptor shows devices but will not pair.: My desktop computer has a bluetooth card connected directly to a USB in on the motherboard. The card is using Intel (R) Wireless Bluetooth (R) driver. I have had problems connecting this after I had plugged in another USB bluetooth dongle. I have since removed that device,...
  10. Bluetooth Devices will not Pair

Bluetooth Devices will not Pair: Hi, Hopefully this is the correct Forum ! I have a Microsoft Mouse 5000 and Wedge keyboard (the early one that does not fold). Both have been working perfectly. Recently I paired them both successfully with a new Samsung tablet, but when I came to use them again on...