Windows 10: winsock download from this site two years old, will it still work?

Discus and support winsock download from this site two years old, will it still work? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have two desktops connected ethernet cable to comcast xfinity all in one box. We pay for business speed. On my husbands 10 year old Mac he is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stinger08, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Stinger08 Win User

winsock download from this site two years old, will it still work?

We have two desktops connected ethernet cable to comcast xfinity all in one box. We pay for business speed. On my husbands 10 year old Mac he is getting almost 400, on my one year old windows 10 high end gaming pc at any given time I'm lucky to get around 200. I have done every single thing I could find to troubleshoot this. Now my question is I came across someone who posted a download a link to your forum with winsock and winsock2 which fixed the same problem he was having as me, but his post was two years old, and I was wondering if it will still work being things change so much so quickly. I am not knowledgeable in networking and have no clue what winsock actually does. Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated. I realize that I will making backup copies of those keys, but really get nervous mucking around with the registry.

:)

Stinger08, Nov 19, 2018
  2. JohnC363 Win User

Web Blocking for an 8 Year Old

Your suggestions have not solved my problem yet. But, I first have a more basic problem.

I went to the suggested site and then set up an account for my 8 year old son and signed him up for an email account as a family member. I received an email welcoming him to the family and he shows up in my family list. I turned on the age appropriate
    restrictions and listed cnn.com to block. when I go to his account, there are no restrictions at all. I can get to cnn.com and I can go to sites about **** for teens. What am I doing wrong? Is thee a setting I am missing?

JohnC363, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 19, 2018
  4. winsock download from this site two years old, will it still work?

Winsock registry entries required for network connectivity are missing. How fun.

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you update the USB driver?

• Did you check if similar issue persists when you connect the network cable to other device?

You may be facing this issue due to the non-updated USB drivers. I suggest you to check if you are facing similar issue when connecting the USB cable to other devices.

Method 1: If the issue does not persists, I suggest you to update the USB driver from
    Device Manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Connect the USB device, press Windows + X
      keys on the keyboard and select Device Manager.

• Right Click on all the USB devices and select
      Update

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persist, uninstall the USB drivers from
    Device Manager by following the steps below (make sure the USB drive is connected when performing the steps below):

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device Manager.

• Right click on the USB device driver and select
      Uninstall

• Restart the computer to reinstall the drivers automatically and check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download the latest USB driver compatible with Windows 10 operating system from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Refer to the below link and check if it helps:

winsock registry entries missing

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

winsock download from this site two years old, will it still work?

1. winsock download from this site two years old, will it still work? - Similar Threads - winsock download site

2. 13 year old still considered a child in canada?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    13 year old still considered a child in canada?: Why is a 13 year old still required to have parental controls? I'm in Canada, so shouldn't a 13 year old be able to manage his own account? The birthdate listed in the account is correct....
  3. 13 year old still considered a child in canada?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    13 year old still considered a child in canada?: Why is a 13 year old still required to have parental controls? I'm in Canada, so shouldn't a 13 year old be able to manage his own account? The birthdate listed in the account is correct....
  4. 13 year old still considered a child in canada?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Download error - 0x80248007 on a 5-year-old file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download error - 0x80248007 on a 5-year-old file?: A recent Windows 11 update gave me the BSOD, forcing me to reinstall Windows from the Dell image XPS 17 laptop. After completing these steps and reinstalling my Windows 11 Pro update from the Microsoft Store, I now have a pending Windows update giving me a"Download error -...
  6. Download error - 0x80248007 on a 5-year-old file?

Download error - 0x80248007 on a 5-year-old file?: A recent Windows 11 update gave me the BSOD, forcing me to reinstall Windows from the Dell image XPS 17 laptop. After completing these steps and reinstalling my Windows 11 Pro update from the Microsoft Store, I now have a pending Windows update giving me a"Download error -...
  7. getting corrupt download from Windows download site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    getting corrupt download from Windows download site: When I download Server 2019 express from the link below, I get a corrupt file error on install. Could the source file be corrupt?Try Windows Server 2019 Essentials on Microsoft Evaluation Center...
  8. getting corrupt download from Windows download site

getting corrupt download from Windows download site: When I download Server 2019 express from the link below, I get a corrupt file error on install. Could the source file be corrupt?Try Windows Server 2019 Essentials on Microsoft Evaluation Center...
  9. Office 365 still working two years after cancellation

Office 365 still working two years after cancellation: I used to have a Microsoft Office 365 business account that I ordered through my service provider. About two years ago I cancelled it, but left it installed on my PC. It is still 100% functional. I'm not sure how this is possible. Anyone have a clue? By-the-way, the reason...
  10. Office 365 still working two years after cancellation

Office 365 still working two years after cancellation: I used to have a Microsoft Office 365 business account that I ordered through my service provider. About two years ago I cancelled it, but left it installed on my PC. It is still 100% functional. I'm not sure how this is possible. Anyone have a clue? By-the-way, the reason...