Windows 10: Winstall is a (web) GUI for Windows Package Manager (winget)

Discus and support Winstall is a (web) GUI for Windows Package Manager (winget) in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft unveiled the open source Windows Package Manager during the virtual Build 2020 conference this week. The command line program allows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, May 23, 2020.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Winstall is a (web) GUI for Windows Package Manager (winget)

Microsoft unveiled the open source Windows Package Manager during the virtual Build 2020 conference this week. The command line program allows administrators and users to download, install and manage software applications. It supports installing one or multiple programs, and includes a long sourced list of applications that can be installed (including many non-Microsoft programs).

Winget can be downloaded and run on Windows 10 version 1709 or later devices. The installation of single applications is very straightforward while the mass installation of software requires the use of scripts.

Winstall is a free web service that makes batch installs easier. It has been designed for Microsoft's Windows Package Manager and works similarly to Ninite. Basically, what it allows you to do is select applications that you want to install in a single operation on target systems.

The web service queries Microsoft's official repository whenever you connect to the site to grab the latest apps data. The data includes the list of applications that are supported by Windows Package Manager.

Winstall is a (web) GUI for Windows Package Manager (winget) winstall-winget.png

Winstall pulls meta data only if you select applications in order to avoid hitting GitHub API limits. It displays information such as the version of a program or its description in the interface. Options to download the installer or open the developer website are provided.

You may select multiple applications from the list of supported applications to have the site generate a script to download these at once on the system the script is executed on.

The script is provided as a command prompt batch script and as a PowerShell script. You can download the script to the system or copy it to the Clipboard if you prefer it that way. All that is left is to paste the script into a Windows Terminal application to execute it. Note that you need to download winget first from Microsoft as it is not included when you download the script.

Closing Words

Winstall is a handy web service to create install scripts quickly. Note that you can only do that, uninstallation scripts are not provided at this point in time. The web service is developed by the developer of Tweeten App, a popular Twitter interface.

Now You: what is your take on the Windows Package Manager?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Winstall is a (web) GUI for Windows Package Manager (winget) appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, May 23, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft announces Windows Package Manager Preview for Windows 10

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/comma...nager-preview/

See also: Windows Package Manager Client at GitHib

Brink, May 23, 2020
  3. Polarman Win User
    Looking for a particular web site ?

I remember seeing this here but i can't find it using the search thingy.

A guy posted a web site that had a comprensive list of all Windows update 32&64. I used to have it in my favorites before i formatted my HD.

Does someone know it?

They suggested a sticky for it but they never did.

Polarman, May 23, 2020
  4. Winstall is a (web) GUI for Windows Package Manager (winget)

manage web credentials

Hi Rose,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; when you say program is gone from the list,
    are you referring to Web credential program or credentials?

As per your query, I like to inform you that; when you select Remove under the specific credentials, it will remove the specific credential details. Since you have followed the correct steps to remove web credentials but the program is not available,
    I suggest you to Run DISM commands and check if the Web credentials programs works.

Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) is a new command line tool that you can use to service a Windows image or prepare a Windows PE image. The DISM tool replaces the Package Manager (pkgmgr.exe), PEimg, and Intlcfg tools.
    DISM consolidates the functionality found in those three tools, as well as delivers new functionality to improve the experience of offline servicing.

Follow the steps to Run DISM Commands:

1) Press Windows + x on your keyboard.

2) Select Command prompt (Admin) to open Administrator Command Prompt .

3) In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command:

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Winstall is a (web) GUI for Windows Package Manager (winget)

1. Winstall is a (web) GUI for Windows Package Manager (winget) - Similar Threads - Winstall web GUI

2. Install Microsoft .NET with the Windows Package Manager winget

in Windows 10 News
    Install Microsoft .NET with the Windows Package Manager winget: Windows administrators may use the Windows Package Manager winget to install supported Microsoft .NET applications. [ATTACH] Microsoft released Windows Package Manager 1.0 back in 2021, opening it up for use on production machines. The command line tool may be used to...
  3. Winget package manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Winget package manager: Are the things posted on the Winget package manager virus checked and from the official devs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/winget-package-manager/16e06856-307e-4569-b63e-d2266e0286bb
  4. Is there a tutorial to submit packages in Windows package manager winget?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a tutorial to submit packages in Windows package manager winget?: Is there is a tutorial to submit packages in windows package manager winget???It is urgentI have only one day*Original title: Help me!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-tutorial-to-submit-packages-in-windows/f3c6d9be-a0ce-4eb2-b179-2b57bbf6eebd
  5. Windows Package Manager (WinGet) v0.3.11201 Preview released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Package Manager (WinGet) v0.3.11201 Preview released: This release includes VT-based progress reporting, a bug fix for upgrade, support for Delivery Optimization, and multiple locale support for manifest data. New Features #869 Provide Taskbar progress indicator in Windows Terminal #909 Implement Delivery Optimization...
  6. Windows Package Manager (WinGet) v0.3.11102 Preview released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Package Manager (WinGet) v0.3.11102 Preview released: This release includes the first stable release for the import command. The Group Policy .admx and .adml files are also included in this release. New Features #220 Export/Import apps list - Import is now a default feature Read more: Release Windows Package Manager...
  7. How secure is Microsoft Windows "Winget" Package Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How secure is Microsoft Windows "Winget" Package Manager: I got interested in Microsoft's new package manager for Windows called Winget. I installed it and I really like the wide range of software available. However, I question the security of these repositories Winget is installing apps from. How secure are these repositories and...
  8. Bulk install Windows apps with Winstall GUI for Windows Package Manager

in Windows 10 News
    Bulk install Windows apps with Winstall GUI for Windows Package Manager: [ATTACH]When it comes to installing multiple Windows Apps, there is no easy way out. You will have to find, click on install, and then keep […] This article Bulk install Windows apps with Winstall GUI for Windows Package Manager first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  9. How to Install WinGet Windows Package Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Install WinGet Windows Package Manager: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ThomasMaurerCH [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gn5czx/how_to_install_winget_windows_package_manager/
  10. CENTOS 7 VM - GUI package manager

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    CENTOS 7 VM - GUI package manager: Hi there If any of you are installing some LINUX distros as VM's I recommend if you decide on CENTOS 7 to install YUMEX - a graphical package manager. [img] Add the nux-dextop repo to your repositories -- this is a Windows Forum so I won't get into the mechanics of...