Windows 10: WinSxS folder is 46 GB and growing.

Discus and support WinSxS folder is 46 GB and growing. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I recently deleted a game to free up space. After checking my hard drive, I found that I had not regained any space.I quickly booted up TreeSize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vince112, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Vince112 Win User

WinSxS folder is 46 GB and growing.

Hello, I recently deleted a game to free up space. After checking my hard drive, I found that I had not regained any space.I quickly booted up TreeSize and found that the "pending deletes" folder in "temp" loacted in WinSxS was taking up 46 GB of space.I know what the WinSxS folder is so no need to explain that. I have already tried the commands for cleaning the component store through the admin console. It has failed to work so far. Can i safely delete the contents of the "pending deletes" folder? If not, Is there any way I can make it smaller?

:)

Vince112, Sep 29, 2022

2. Winsxs cannot be cleaned up - 23 GB in size and growing

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601] x64 current patch level

Hi,

I've got a problem with the size of the winsxs folder. ON my desktop computer it grew in size to about 23 GB and about 100,000 files in 25,000 folders. Since my system partition is relatively small and cannot be extended that becomes a serious issue.

So far I have tried all the usual stuff like playing around with dism.exe on the comand line. Cleanmgr.exe shows me more that 11 GB can be deleted but will not deleted it (no error message).

Thanks for any help!

Harald Schneider, Sep 29, 2022
  3. digibucc Win User
    Windows 7: HUGE 26 GB system folder WinSxS folder is 46 GB and growing. :D :S

from here

digibucc, Sep 29, 2022
  4. WinSxS folder is 46 GB and growing.

winsxs in vista

the Vsp1cln.exe command is not going delete all of the winsxs folder, just the SP1 installtion folder(s)

CrackerJack, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

WinSxS folder is 46 GB and growing.

1. WinSxS folder is 46 GB and growing. - Similar Threads - WinSxS folder growing

2. WinSxS folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinSxS folder: My 60gb Surface Go has a WinSxS folder that's nearly 6gb. Last time I tried to to save disc space it got bigger. How can I reclaim some of the 6gb? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winsxs-folder/71c6c87a-87f6-443a-93aa-15ea379e7d0c
  3. WinSxS folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinSxS folder: My 60gb Surface Go has a WinSxS folder that's nearly 6gb. Last time I tried to to save disc space it got bigger. How can I reclaim some of the 6gb? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winsxs-folder/71c6c87a-87f6-443a-93aa-15ea379e7d0c
  4. WinSxS folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. WinSXS folder issue - growing too large

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinSXS folder issue - growing too large: Ive been tackling an increasingly worrying issue regarding the WinSXS folder on my Windows Server 2016 fileserver. This folder continues to grow uncontrollably and no matter how many disk cleanups I run this is never enough. Is there another workaround to this issue?? I keep...
  6. WinSXS folder issue - growing too large

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinSXS folder issue - growing too large: Ive been tackling an increasingly worrying issue regarding the WinSXS folder on my Windows Server 2016 fileserver. This folder continues to grow uncontrollably and no matter how many disk cleanups I run this is never enough. Is there another workaround to this issue?? I keep...
  7. WinSxS folder is 46 GB and growing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WinSxS folder is 46 GB and growing.: Hello, I recently deleted a game to free up space. After checking my hard drive, I found that I had not regained any space.I quickly booted up TreeSize and found that the "pending deletes" folder in "temp" loacted in WinSxS was taking up 46 GB of space.I know what the WinSxS...
  8. WinSxS folder is 46 GB and growing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinSxS folder is 46 GB and growing.: Hello, I recently deleted a game to free up space. After checking my hard drive, I found that I had not regained any space.I quickly booted up TreeSize and found that the "pending deletes" folder in "temp" loacted in WinSxS was taking up 46 GB of space.I know what the WinSxS...
  9. How to use simlinks to transfer winsxs folder 6.59 GB system 32 folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to use simlinks to transfer winsxs folder 6.59 GB system 32 folder: hi, how to use symlinks to transfer WinSxS folder 6.59 Gb, System32 folder, and office folder to d drive in windows 10. or these are special folders and won't get transferred. thanks. 156040
  10. System folder growing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System folder growing: Hello, Last night before shutting down the computer, system folder C: size was 27.8 GB. Today, about an hour after starting computer, it grew up to 30 GB.! There were no any updates. Checked which files \ folders modified \ created today, there were no findings. I ran...