Windows 10: WinSxS folder

Discus and support WinSxS folder in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My 60gb Surface Go has a WinSxS folder that's nearly 6gb. Last time I tried to to save disc space it got bigger. How can I reclaim some of the 6gb?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChrisWAinsworth, May 20, 2023.

1. WinSxS folder

My 60gb Surface Go has a WinSxS folder that's nearly 6gb. Last time I tried to to save disc space it got bigger. How can I reclaim some of the 6gb?

:)

ChrisWAinsworth, May 20, 2023

2. winsxs in vista

the Vsp1cln.exe command is not going delete all of the winsxs folder, just the SP1 installtion folder(s)

CrackerJack, May 20, 2023
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Reduce the size of the WinSxS folder

Hi Adrian,

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Then for more options for reducing the size of that WinSxS folder, please see this Microsoft Article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardwa...

DaveM121, May 20, 2023
  4. Smeed Win User

WinSxS folder

Smeed, May 20, 2023
Thema:

WinSxS folder

1. WinSxS folder - Similar Threads - WinSxS folder

2. Folders and files in C:\Windows\WinSxS modification date issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders and files in C:\Windows\WinSxS modification date issue: Hi,Recently, a licensed piece of software started complaining that the system clock had been set back, invalidating the license.Turns out it does this by looking at file modification dates. I then discoved files and folders in C:\Windows\WinSxS started showing modification...
  3. Folders and files in C:\Windows\WinSxS modification date issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders and files in C:\Windows\WinSxS modification date issue: Hi,Recently, a licensed piece of software started complaining that the system clock had been set back, invalidating the license.Turns out it does this by looking at file modification dates. I then discoved files and folders in C:\Windows\WinSxS started showing modification...
  4. Folders and files in C:\Windows\WinSxS modification date issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why is Winsxs folder 30gb? Too large, come on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Winsxs folder 30gb? Too large, come on...: sfc scannowdism startcomponentclean etc etcall good.Still massive.why actually? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-winsxs-folder-30gb-too-large-come-on/ff6f0d85-316a-4e26-808a-6ccccfc2a5a3
  6. Why is Winsxs folder 30gb? Too large, come on...

Why is Winsxs folder 30gb? Too large, come on...: sfc scannowdism startcomponentclean etc etcall good.Still massive.why actually? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-winsxs-folder-30gb-too-large-come-on/ff6f0d85-316a-4e26-808a-6ccccfc2a5a3
  7. Unable to clean WinSxS stuck ad 20% and no folder “cleanup windows update”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to clean WinSxS stuck ad 20% and no folder “cleanup windows update”: Hi, i'm on windowds 10 22H2with these commands via CMD in Administrator:Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStoreThen :Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanupsame with:DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBaseWhen I try to...
  8. Unable to clean WinSxS stuck ad 20% and no folder “cleanup windows update”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to clean WinSxS stuck ad 20% and no folder “cleanup windows update”: Hi, i'm on windowds 10 22H2with these commands via CMD in Administrator:Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStoreThen :Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanupsame with:DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBaseWhen I try to...
  9. Unable to clean WinSxS stuck ad 20% and no folder “cleanup windows update”

10. The Stuff in the WinSxS Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Stuff in the WinSxS Folder in Windows 10: Can any of you name the stuff from the WinSxS folder in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-stuff-in-the-winsxs-folder-in-windows-10/c2ee6775-8be9-4799-b603-81cc83fdcd6c