Windows 10: WinSxS Removal Before Windows Update

Discus and support WinSxS Removal Before Windows Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can I start component cleanup after 30 days before Windows update as I pause updates?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EstherEmily, May 25, 2022.

1. WinSxS Removal Before Windows Update

Can I start component cleanup after 30 days before Windows update as I pause updates?

:)

EstherEmily, May 25, 2022
  2. thomaseg1 Win User

KB4598242 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.746 and v20H2 19042.746 Win Update

Modify the Security Descriptors on the Winsxs Folder

If the error message still pops up, it suggests that the problem has nothing to do with the disk errors. Then continue to check another possibility - the SFC utility cannot access the Winsxs folder (C:\Windows\winsxs) because of some issues with the folder's security descriptors.
    Step 1: Open the command prompt by following the above steps.
    Step 2: In the Command Prompt window, Type ICACLS C:\Windows\winsxs and press "Enter".
    Step 3: Wait until the command is executed, then close the Command Prompt.
    Step 4: Restart your computer and run SFC again to check if the problem has been fixed.

thomaseg1, May 25, 2022
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 25, 2022
  4. Mark Ole Win User

WinSxS Removal Before Windows Update

Windows 10: Remove this update

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that your manually remove or delete you want to stop from installing.

Please follow these steps:

• In the Search box, type Check for Updates. Click on it.
    • Click Advanced options.
    • Click View you update history, then Uninstall updates
    • Form the list, choose the update you want to uninstall.

Tell us how it goes.

Mark Ole, May 25, 2022
Thema:

WinSxS Removal Before Windows Update

1. WinSxS Removal Before Windows Update - Similar Threads - WinSxS Removal Before

2. WinSxS Removal Before Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinSxS Removal Before Windows Update: Can I start component cleanup after 30 days before Windows update as I pause updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winsxs-removal-before-windows-update/8f80243c-75d0-4a4a-9dd4-2b2d438bc2bb
  3. WinSxS Removal After 30 Days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinSxS Removal After 30 Days: Is after 30 days then I will analyse component store then it will recommended say yes? What if still not recommended says no. My LCU folder is 939 mb. Can I set only 30 days in task scheduler without click to run?...
  4. WinSxS Removal After 30 Days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinSxS Removal After 30 Days: Is after 30 days then I will analyse component store then it will recommended say yes? What if still not recommended says no. My LCU folder is 939 mb. Can I set only 30 days in task scheduler without click to run?...
  5. WinSxS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinSxS: I found WinSxS is big but not large in windirstat. But it is not safe to delete. I got analyze component store in command prompt. After analyze, it says no component store cleanup recomended. I got uninstall some apps but it never free up space. How can i make my disk C free...
  6. WinSxS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinSxS: I found WinSxS is big but not large in windirstat. But it is not safe to delete. I got analyze component store in command prompt. After analyze, it says no component store cleanup recomended. I got uninstall some apps but it never free up space. How can i make my disk C free...
  7. WinSxS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. How to remove a windows update before restarting?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to remove a windows update before restarting?: So I recently had the 11-2020 CU install on my exchange box....well it corrupted all 5 of my DB's did a Veeam recovery did some work on the Virtual Directories got everything back up and running. Needles to say I don't want to do that again....it seems the update reinstalled...
  9. Winsxs Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Winsxs Issue: Good morning, I used W10v1607 & 1809 LTSC and I notice a big issue, WinSxS folder is growing up constantly without a periodic clean. I found 2 ways : create a personal scheduled task using Dism command with Startcomponentcleanup operator. Use System Scheduled task...
  10. WinSXS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WinSXS: [IMG] I've tried using cmd like image above, but my storage remain same. What should i do ? And thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winsxs/44b9dd32-c5c5-41fd-a9d8-4470866f3329