Windows 10: Winver 1803 No recover from sleep. Starts and shuts down.

Discus and support Winver 1803 No recover from sleep. Starts and shuts down. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Continual forced updates from version 1607 to 1803 on an Intel X58 based computer causes a shutdown when resuming from sleep. I'm running 1607 as this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlanPredmore, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Winver 1803 No recover from sleep. Starts and shuts down.

Continual forced updates from version 1607 to 1803 on an Intel X58 based computer causes a shutdown when resuming from sleep.
    I'm running 1607 as this is the restore media I have. Have been successful up to version 1703.
    After that version updates to 1803 I'll detail what happens.

The computer will go to sleep. when I wake it with keyboard or a mouse movement the PC attempts to start up. After several seconds it shuts off in a power off condition.

I've searched and I'm not the only person having this and other issues. I've attempted to stop the update with methods posted.
    Disabling Windows Updates in turn disables Defender signature updates. But you know that.

Furthermore I have a very fast Intel processor based computer which you have obsoleted expensive hardware and I have since installed Ubuntu Linux on.
    Bluetooth USB devices, Graphics (video capture and tuner card), and WiFi cards work perfectly with it.
    Yet since upgrading from XP to Windows 7 on that very same PC, you have forced me and others to purchase new and expensive hardware.

The current PC ran Windows 7 Professional 64 bit perfectly. I ran it after you got the bugs out of the "free Windows 10 upgrade"
    That caused me and many others grief and many hours of file and directory salvage to go back to Windows 7.

MICROSOFT. BILL GATES. PLEASE ADDRESS THE FORCED UPDATE AFTER INSTALLING YOUR DEBUGGED OS.
    AS THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE HAVE MASSIVE AND VARIED DISASTROUS RESULTS WITH DISCOVERING VERSION 1803 HAS UNKNOWING INSTALLED ON THEIR WORKSTATIONS WHICH IN TURN RENDERS THEM UNUSABLE, PLEASE DILIGENTLY FIX THE ISSUES.

I WOULD HATE TO FIND THAT WHAT IS CURRENTLY WORKING GOOD ON A NEW LAPTOP PC (VERSION 1803) YET WILL NOT WORK ON A 3 YEAR OLD DESKTOP WORKSTATION WOULD REQUIRE ME TO PURCHASE NEW EXPENSIVE HARDWARE, LET ALONE THE I.T PROFESSIONALS WHO ALSO HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE DEFECTS.

Until then I hope that Microsoft engineering can get their crap straightened out.
    And yes. I have tried every solution given to fix version 1803 bugs. Nothing has worked. And eventually I guess 1803 will work itself back into my PC.
    PLEASE PULL IT. IT'S DISASTROUS.

:)

AlanPredmore, Aug 6, 2018

2. sleep button

Hi,

The previous update you installed could be the cause as to why you encounter this issue. We would like to ask for additional information. Please provide the following:

• Which build of Windows 10 are you using? To know about it, hit
      Start, type Winver and then press
      Enter. You could also press Windows Key + R, type
      Winver into the
      Run dialog and press Enter.
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Furthermore, we suggest that you check the Power & sleep settings
    if sleep option is enabled. Here are the steps:

• Go to Search then key in Power & Sleep.
    • On far right, select Additional power settings.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Check the Change settings that are currently unavailable, then tick
      Sleep and Save Changes.
    • If you already ticked it, then un-tick it and Save Changes.
    • Go back and tick it again, then Save Changes.

Looking forward to the requested information and the results of the recommended troubleshooting steps.

PreciousLeb, Aug 6, 2018
  3. WINVER Windows 10.586.3

Hi Rickie,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

It is the license agreement which is agreed by users that they use Microsoft product. For more information I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R”.

• Type “winver”.

• You will get the pop up screen about the Windows 10 license, there I suggest you to click on
      “Microsoft software license terms” and go through the policy terms and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Winver 1803 No recover from sleep. Starts and shuts down.

Win 10 - constantly shutting down into sleep mode every 64 minutes even when in active use!

Hi Steve,

• Did you check by setting sleep mode option to never?

If not, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Winver 1803 No recover from sleep. Starts and shuts down.

1. Winver 1803 No recover from sleep. Starts and shuts down. - Similar Threads - Winver 1803 recover

2. Shutting down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutting down instead of sleeping: When I put it on sleep, it automatically shuts down. I have to force restart every time and loose all my work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-instead-of-sleeping/b554dbef-82c7-49ea-ba8a-38c45e25613e
  3. Shutting down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutting down instead of sleeping: When I put it on sleep, it automatically shuts down. I have to force restart every time and loose all my work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-instead-of-sleeping/b554dbef-82c7-49ea-ba8a-38c45e25613e
  4. "Sleep" is shutting down pc.

in Windows 10 Support
    "Sleep" is shutting down pc.: my pc used to "go to sleep" without any issue. latly ive install my windows on protable ssd drive, and since then "Sleep" is shutting down pc. the option "sleep" is visible but i acutually turning of pc. what does this happen? is it related to the fact the the system is...
  5. Sleep occcasionallly shuts down

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep occcasionallly shuts down: About one in ten times, W10 Pro (64-bit) shuts down instead of auto-sleeps. This began after a z390a motherboard was replaced by an identical board. Every suggestion at this site has been tried. SFC is clean. The latest Intel MEI is installed. Video driver is up-to-date....
  6. Sleep and Shut Down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep and Shut Down: Using Windows 10. After last update, when I put my computer to sleep and then close the lid, it shuts itself down. Power settings are all as before the update.....I selected the option to have the computer go to sleep when the lid is closed. Anyone else having this...
  7. Laptop shuts down instead of resuming from sleep

Laptop shuts down instead of resuming from sleep: Recently, my laptop started doing this. I'd say in the last 3-4 weeks. It goes to sleep when I shut the lid or put it to sleep, but shuts off when lid is opened, power button is pressed, etc. It's a Lenovo P51s, version 20H. All updates are current, both Microsoft and...
  8. W10 not shut down or recover from sleep

W10 not shut down or recover from sleep: Like many, I have suddenly become a W10 shut down/recover from sleep victim. My W10 Toshiba laptop cannot perform these functions, at all. I made some tweaks you folks recommended to no avail, but no luck. Thanks, Royan 50741
  9. Windows will not shut down, hibernate or sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows will not shut down, hibernate or sleep: I had problem dual booting win7 and win10. After many attempts I was able to dual boot. But in the process, I deleted "system reserved" partition. So windows want start. I performed start up repair and it solved the problem. After that I reinstalled win7 ultimate which...
  10. Computer refuses to shut down or sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer refuses to shut down or sleep.: Hey everybody! I've found these forums to be a tremendous help with other troubleshooting issues I've had in the past. Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help me out again! Anyway, the problem is that the whenever I shut down my computer, there's a very short delay...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore winver 1803