Windows 10: WinVer

Discus and support WinVer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What is the new WinVer I am not sure mine is right Thanks [img] 50139 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jerrypc1, May 12, 2016.

1. jerrypc1 Win User

WinVer

What is the new WinVer I am not sure mine is right Thanks
    WinVer [​IMG]

:)

jerrypc1, May 12, 2016

2. WINVER Windows 10.586.3

On my windows 10586.3 Laptop it says "Licensed to Microsoft" in WINVER, Why?

RickieAbbott, May 12, 2016
  3. WINVER Windows 10.586.3

Hi Rickie,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

It is the license agreement which is agreed by users that they use Microsoft product. For more information I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R”.

• Type “winver”.

• You will get the pop up screen about the Windows 10 license, there I suggest you to click on
      “Microsoft software license terms” and go through the policy terms and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 12, 2016
  4. jerrypc1 Win User

WinVer

Thank you thegeriatric for the quick response Jerry *Smile

jerrypc1, May 12, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Werd.

NavyLCDR, May 13, 2016
  6. Rocky Win User

Rocky, May 13, 2016
  7. elbmek Win User
    I presume mine is the same, but I don't have the .318 showing on my screen. I have win ver on my desktop screen bottom right. I do updates and nothing is pending.

elbmek, May 13, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

WinVer

I think you are misunderstanding winver:

WinVer [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, May 13, 2016
  9. jerrypc1 Win User
    Thanks to you all for the answer to my question. Jerry*Smile

jerrypc1, May 13, 2016
  10. elbmek Win User
    Thanks but not quite. I have a third party manager which I use for lil tweaks. One is 'display win version on the desktop' but it only shows the first 5 digits.

I looked at about it is .318

elbmek, May 13, 2016
  11. You have to go to system specs
    Then Edit System Specs and add 318 after 10586.
    Then scroll to bottom and click save
    Every time a new update comes the number will have to be altered by you

hTconeM9user, May 13, 2016
  12. elbmek Win User
    danke, but its not all THAT important is it?*Wink

elbmek, May 13, 2016
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

WinVer

Well...what's the point of displaying it if it isn't accurate or incomplete? It's not telling you if the latest cumulative update has been installed or not.

NavyLCDR, May 13, 2016
  14. Edwin New Member
    Often times I would create a custom Quick Launch folder in the form of the Version number and tack it to the taskbar, for quick glance, because I could never remember which friggin Version we're on! *Wink

WinVer [​IMG]

Edwin, May 13, 2016
  15. elbmek Win User
    Not big deal really, is it? I can turn it off any time I want,but as I have updates on auto, might be handy one day.

elbmek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

WinVer

1. WinVer - Similar Threads - WinVer

2. Saving PDF file on windows 11 isn't creating icon. Winver 22H2.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving PDF file on windows 11 isn't creating icon. Winver 22H2.: Hello Helpful Community,I am having a strange issue where I save a PDF file to my desktop, however the icon does not appear on my desktop. Suddenly, the icon will appear on the desktop after opening a fresh "File Explorer" screen. If I have File Explorer open before saving...
  3. Saving PDF file on windows 11 isn't creating icon. Winver 22H2.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving PDF file on windows 11 isn't creating icon. Winver 22H2.: Hello Helpful Community,I am having a strange issue where I save a PDF file to my desktop, however the icon does not appear on my desktop. Suddenly, the icon will appear on the desktop after opening a fresh "File Explorer" screen. If I have File Explorer open before saving...
  4. File Explorer Vertical Spacing Bug WinVer 22H2 - Build 19045.2311

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Vertical Spacing Bug WinVer 22H2 - Build 19045.2311: I have tried unsuccessfully to fix this problem in File Explorer. Vertical spacing becomes far too large -especially when using Extra Large Icons view. What's odd is that if I open a folder that has a large number of items, and scroll down to where the initial icons are no...
  5. File Explorer Vertical Spacing Bug WinVer 22H2 - Build 19045.2311

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Vertical Spacing Bug WinVer 22H2 - Build 19045.2311: I have tried unsuccessfully to fix this problem in File Explorer. Vertical spacing becomes far too large -especially when using Extra Large Icons view. What's odd is that if I open a folder that has a large number of items, and scroll down to where the initial icons are no...
  6. File Explorer Vertical Spacing Bug WinVer 22H2 - Build 19045.2311

7. Windows 10 Winver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Winver: Hello, can someone please make a copy of their Winver folder and upload it to some downloader website and send me a link.I am looking for the Windows 10 Winver and I saw tutorials on how to change the logo and everything, but it is too complicated for me.Please help, thanks :...
  8. Windows 10 Winver

Windows 10 Winver: Hello, can someone please make a copy of their Winver folder and upload it to some downloader website and send me a link.I am looking for the Windows 10 Winver and I saw tutorials on how to change the logo and everything, but it is too complicated for me.Please help, thanks :...
  9. So I just downloaded the 1903 winver and now my wifi is not working during setup and after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I just downloaded the 1903 winver and now my wifi is not working during setup and after...: How do I fix this because its only showing I can use ethernet and there is no ethernet in my room! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-just-downloaded-the-1903-winver-and-now-my/3c1664cf-d763-412f-95b7-2732747dcdb0
  10. So I just downloaded the 1903 winver and now my wifi is not working during setup and after...

So I just downloaded the 1903 winver and now my wifi is not working during setup and after...: How do I fix this because its only showing I can use ethernet and there is no ethernet in my room! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-just-downloaded-the-1903-winver-and-now-my/3c1664cf-d763-412f-95b7-2732747dcdb0