Windows 10: WinX menu duplicates

Discus and support WinX menu duplicates in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After recovering my computer, the WinX menu is displaying duplicates of most items: task manager, powershell, run, etc... Does anyone know how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WLFSC, Dec 19, 2019.

1. WLFSC Win User

WinX menu duplicates

After recovering my computer, the WinX menu is displaying duplicates of most items: task manager, powershell, run, etc...

Does anyone know how to correct this?

Thanks, in advance!

:)

WLFSC, Dec 19, 2019
  2. WLFSC Win User

WinX menu duplicates

After recovering my computer, the WinX menu is displaying duplicates of most items: task manager, powershell, run, etc...

Does anyone know how to correct this?

Thanks, in advance!

WLFSC, Jan 6, 2020
  3. WLFSC Win User
    WinX menu duplicates

Am error came back with ".. 'TDLrecover.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command."

No luck; thanks for trying. I still have duplicates in WinX ranging from Mobility Center to Task Manager.

WLFSC, Jan 6, 2020
  4. KeithM Win User

WinX menu duplicates

How to change the WinX menu, including Powershell/Powershell (Admin)

This part intrigues me. As suggested earler, please post a screenshot of the error message. Also, please clarify/test the follwoing:
    1. Can you start PowerShell from the Start Menu?
    2. If you navigate to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group3, does PowerShell launch from the shortcuts there?
    3. If #1 works & #2 doesn't, compare (& post) the target text from each shortcuts properties. For the Start Menu shortcut, right-click & select Open file location to navigate to the Start Menu folder.

Keith

KeithM, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

WinX menu duplicates

1. WinX menu duplicates - Similar Threads - WinX menu duplicates

2. Duplication start menu!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplication start menu!: Good morning, I have noticed that nearly everything in my start menu left of Live Tile screen Windows 10 is duplicated! Irrespective of which one I click on they open the App so they are all live! I have read various posts but I just wanted to know the best and easiest way to...
  3. Duplication start menu!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplication start menu!: Good morning, I have noticed that nearly everything in my start menu left of Live Tile screen Windows 10 is duplicated! Irrespective of which one I click on they open the App so they are all live! I have read various posts but I just wanted to know the best and easiest way to...
  4. Duplication start menu!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What is the WinX menu and How to open it in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 News
    What is the WinX menu and How to open it in Windows 11?: [ATTACH]WinX menu, also called Power Menu, offers quick access to some of the core features of Windows Administrative applications. It was first introduced in Windows 8, continued in Windows 10, and is available in Windows 11. What is the WinX menu, and How do you open it?...
  6. WINX folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WINX folders: After the latest update from Microsoft, ALL the WINX folders all users have been deleted. Where are they now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winx-folders/afb5d058-4680-4cd8-ad7c-b823e84ac233
  7. Is there a way to have both powershell and command prompt in the WinX menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to have both powershell and command prompt in the WinX menu?: I know you can toggle one or the other, but it would be nice to have both. submitted by /u/NiceShoesWannaDuck [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5enf6/is_there_a_way_to_have_both_powershell_and/
  8. Search UI from the WinX Menu is invisible

in Windows 10 Support
    Search UI from the WinX Menu is invisible: The whole Search thing in W10 is dickered!!! The Search UI from the WinX Menu is invisible! Still fetches a result but, it's invisible!!! *Confusedconfused:*Confused [img] 159566
  9. WinX's Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    WinX's Shortcuts: WinX is 1 of your best friends in Win10. Ironic includes Run & accesses items without Run, anymore. Anyway, WinX has K/B shortcuts, you don't even need to bother opening your 'good friend'; know the shortcuts, instead . WinX+the underlined letters Above the red dots & voila...
  10. Personalize admin Menu WinX and hotkeys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalize admin Menu WinX and hotkeys: Hello, The method to personalize this menu is well known (manually or with a tool like WinXMenuEditorRelease from WinAero). But I didn't find the way to personalize the hotkey letter for an existing or a new shortcut (the hotkey is indicated with the underlined letter)....