Windows 10: WinXP Inside VMwear

Discus and support WinXP Inside VMwear in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hey guys, Hope everyone is going well! Just a quick question, I'm trying to set up a printer for my dad inside a windows xp VM. However, the printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by new11, Jun 29, 2021.

1. new11 Win User

WinXP Inside VMwear

Hey guys, Hope everyone is going well! Just a quick question, I'm trying to set up a printer for my dad inside a windows xp VM. However, the printer uses a combo of 3 connecters; Firewire 1394 and a Centronics-type 8-bit parallel interface, (IEEE 1284 Nibble mode). I'm quite lost as the I can't find either of the connecters passed on or inside the VM anywhere. Would anyone have any ideas at all? Many thanks in advance, WinXP Inside VMwear :) Vmwear Workstation 16 Player Win10 Pro x64Bit V2004 VM Running WinXP

:)

new11, Jun 29, 2021

2. insider hub app

Hi Shreesh,

I suggest you to Perform the below steps and install the Insider Hub.

• Go to Settings, then System and then
      Apps & Features
    • Click on Manage Optional Features.
    • Click on Add a Feature.
    • Navigate the list, locate Insider Hub, and click
      install.
    Do let us know the update. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Jun 29, 2021
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Mobile

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Jun 29, 2021
  4. WinXP Inside VMwear

Receiving preview Windows updates even I'm not opt-in for the Insider Program

Hi Red,

This issue installing Windows Insider could have happened due to the version of your Windows. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• Which version of Windows are you running?
    • Have you tried registering on Windows Insider?

We also suggest that you follow the steps provided in this
    article.
    This will give you a step to stop receiving Windows Insider updates.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Jun 29, 2021
Thema:

WinXP Inside VMwear

1. WinXP Inside VMwear - Similar Threads - WinXP Inside VMwear

2. Fix WinXP Pro 0xc0000008 Error Using Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fix WinXP Pro 0xc0000008 Error Using Windows 10 Pro?: Hi. Is there a Windows 10 app forst party or third-party (preferably free or with trial) that can repair the 0xc0000008 error which seems to be related to the registry, using Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit)?. Windows XP cant boot to Safe Moda. Ive tried Glarys Utilities (Disk Repair...
  3. Transfer from WinXP to Win10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer from WinXP to Win10.: What system or program is recommended for videos transfer from XP to 10. I used to use Tornado transfer and then Roxio to open but now it doesn't work anymore. Got transfer all right but Win10 won't accept the file....
  4. Install Win10 on an old WinXP / Linux Box

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Install Win10 on an old WinXP / Linux Box: I have an old PC that was licensed for WinXP. About a year ago I threw Linux on it, but my needs have changed. Can someone please tell me, if I installed Win10 on it, can I use the XP license code? If not, can I install XP with the code, then perform the free update to...
  5. WinXP error and warning icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WinXP error and warning icons: Does anyone have the windows xp error and warning icon that is a png file? i cant seem to find them, if you is do it would be a great help! Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winxp-error-and-warning-icons/4811e2d2-8507-4478-8463-1285a2c19cbc"
  6. Can Win10 and WinXP run on same hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can Win10 and WinXP run on same hard drive: Can I — and how do I— install Win10 without losing WinXP now running flawlessly on my desktop ? I have held back on the upgrade to Won10 because I have LOTUS SmartSuite that runing perfectly in WinXP and, until I know that it works also with Win10, I do not want to risk...
  7. Uninstall won't work on an old app from WinXP installed on Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall won't work on an old app from WinXP installed on Win10: I installed an app called Smartboard 2000 (a clipboard utility) in Windows 10. It had worked in WinXP, but gave me problems in Win 10, so I want to uninstall it. When I go to Programs & Features, select the app & choose uninstall, I get this message: [img] When I go to...
  8. WinXP printer share to Win10. One box yes. One box no.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WinXP printer share to Win10. One box yes. One box no.: I have acquired two Win10 laptops. Both are Win10 Pro. I wanted to use an older printer, network shared by a WinXP box. First Win10 laptop: I browsed to the WinXP using the Network broswer, and clicked on the shared printer. Everything set up fine and I was able to...
  9. Win10 crash; Reboot shows a WinXP screen faintly (background), then flashes off.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win10 crash; Reboot shows a WinXP screen faintly (background), then flashes off.: I'm troubleshooting another Win10 PC, which no longer boots completely through to Win10. Upon system startup, BIOS is fine, boots to the Win10, but never displays anything except a half lit background of an older WinXP startup screen, maybe 20% visible and darkened 80%, on...
  10. Create dual boot Win10 with existing WinXP installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create dual boot Win10 with existing WinXP installation: Hi, I have seen posts that are partially related to my question, but do not answer all of my questions. Here the situation: GOAL: Create a dualboot system with a clean WIndows 10 installation on SSD while keeping my regular Windows XP for as long as I need it....