Windows 10: WinXP machine doesn't see Win10 machine after version 1903 update

Discus and support WinXP machine doesn't see Win10 machine after version 1903 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 machines on a network (WinXP Sp-3 & Win10). After the update, my Win10 machine still sees my WinXP machine (i.e. I can copy files back & forth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by phrab, Aug 22, 2019.

1. phrab Win User

WinXP machine doesn't see Win10 machine after version 1903 update

I have 2 machines on a network (WinXP Sp-3 & Win10). After the update, my Win10 machine still sees my WinXP machine (i.e. I can copy files back & forth while on my Win10 machine).

However, my WinXP machine doesn't see Win10 anymore. When I try to see my Win10 documents & desktop from a shortcut icon on WinXP, I get the message below.

WinXP machine doesn't see Win10 machine after version 1903 update [​IMG]

When I try to remap Drive V, using the following:

I get this message:

I don't have a password on either computer, but I was able to have both computers see each other before. Any idea on how my WinXP computer can see my Win10 computer?
    Thank you in advance!

:)

phrab, Aug 22, 2019
  2. twilyth Win User

Updating machines through one machine

If you did that, how would MS know that each version of windows you want to update is legit? Also, there will be small differences between machines in terms of updates unless they are identical - driver updates for example.

You can certainly let several machines connect through one particular machine, but since each one needs to be validated and may have slightly different dl packages, I don't see any way to dl just what you need to one machine and then have it be distributed to it's client machines.

Maybe in an enterprise environment. MS might have server software that can do something like that, but I doubt they're going to let you do it under any consumer version of windows.

twilyth, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Widjaja Win User
    Updating machines through one machine

Is there a way to update a set of machines through one machine instead of each machine downloading windows updates?

Widjaja, Aug 22, 2019
  4. ScottS21 Win User

Hyper-V machine freezes on start after 1903 update

Since updating OS to version 1903, my Hyper-V machines freeze at start for about 20 seconds, then re-open login page, then it boots fine and all is good.

I've updated graphics drivers, gone through several Windows-based scans, i.e. sfc /scannow, etc.

I've also tried...

Stopped/restarted Container service

Disabling/re-enabling Hyper-V

Any suggestions?

My build:

i7-8700

32GB RAM

Win 10 Pro 1903

ScottS21, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

1. WinXP machine doesn't see Win10 machine after version 1903 update - Similar Threads - WinXP machine doesn't

2. Win10 1909 Enablement package showing as Not Applicable for 1903 machines

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 1909 Enablement package showing as Not Applicable for 1903 machines: Several of our Windows 10 clients on 1903 will not update to 1909. Several has updated using "Feature Update via Windows 10, version 1909 Enablement Package - Applies to: Windows 10, version 1903, all editions" KB4517245 - but others are reporting that it is Not Applicable....
  3. Win10 and virtual machines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 and virtual machines: Is windows 10 home able to run virtual machines like “vm ware player” or do i need the pro version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-and-virtual-machines/2508a1ce-c3aa-4ad1-89cd-4e9ec25144be
  4. cannot see non_windows machines

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot see non_windows machines: I cannot see my NAS running FreeBSD. I have a SAMBA share configured. I read the article from Tech support saying I have to use a password account, not a PIN account. Yes they are on the same net and subnet. I can ping all devices with no problems but the NAS does not...
  5. New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network

New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network: I have a 3 machine Homegroup network consisting of one Win7 and two Win10's, and 1 network printer. All 3 machines can see everything on the other two machines and the printer. All 3 machines, and the new machine, are on the same WiFi network. I'm trying to add a new Win10...
  6. New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network

New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network: I have a 3 machine Homegroup network consisting of one Win7 and two Win10's, and 1 network printer. All 3 machines can see everything on the other two machines and the printer. All 3 machines, and the new machine, are on the same WiFi network. I'm trying to add a new Win10...
  7. Windows 10 version 1903 Gateway FX6860-UR10P machine

Windows 10 version 1903 Gateway FX6860-UR10P machine: Start version Config Restart -------- update to 30 % Restarts --------- updates to 48 % blacks out and becomes active again ---------- updates 75 % blacks out and locks up I shut down and restart machine --------- updates to 89 % locks up I shut down and...
  8. Machine will not boot following latest Win10 Updates

Machine will not boot following latest Win10 Updates: My son just installed the most recent updates for Win10 64 bit. Now we cannot boot the machine up at all. When power is turned on it gives the following message: [ATTACH] I've gone into the BIOS and changed the boot order to every option and nothing works. It's...
  9. Hyper-V machine freezes on start after 1903 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hyper-V machine freezes on start after 1903 update: Since updating OS to version 1903, my Hyper-V machines freeze at start for about 20 seconds, then re-open login page, then it boots fine and all is good. I've updated graphics drivers, gone through several Windows-based scans, i.e. sfc /scannow, etc. I've also tried......
  10. Cannot see shares on one Win10 machine from another

Cannot see shares on one Win10 machine from another: I have Win10 installed on my laptop and also on a VirtualBox VM. I have several folders shared on the VM. When I try to view the shares on the VM from my laptop I get the Windows Security dialog and when I enter the username and password for the VM I get an invalid username...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my machine cant see the 1903 udpate