Windows 10: wiondow 10 network flies sharing is not working

Discus and support wiondow 10 network flies sharing is not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 4 PCs(wiondow 10 ver1803) in my house here is my problem: only 2 PCs can't see each other while they can share flies with the others. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by natasiakingston, Mar 26, 2019.

1. wiondow 10 network flies sharing is not working

I have 4 PCs(wiondow 10 ver1803) in my house

here is my problem:

only 2 PCs can't see each other while they can share flies with the others.

I've checked the advanced network settings on all of the PCs in control panel and all are set to Private Network and to allow other PCs to recognize it and to allow file sharing.

I tried to add 'everyone' to have permission and I removed password protection, it's working.

but I don't want it. I want to use only 'password and users'

one user and one password to have one permission so I can control all permissions.

why only 2 PCs can't see each other ?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

:)

natasiakingston, Mar 26, 2019

2. Cannot open network and sharing center in windows 10

Hi Aman,

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• Do you get any error message, when trying to open network and sharing center?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to fix the issue.

Method 1: Install all the Windows 10 pending updates and check if it helps.

I suggest you check for the pending updates in resolving the issue.

• In search type Check for updates and hit enter.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Windows 10 will automatically install all the pending updates.
    If the issue still persist, suggest you to try the below step to fix the issue.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    Run the DISM Tool and check.

The DISM tool checks the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Right click on the Start button, click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Reference: I suggest you to follow the steps recommended in the below article for any network connection issues.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Mar 26, 2019
  4. wiondow 10 network flies sharing is not working

Network share not working properly using W 10

Hi Rudi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to run home group troubleshooter as below and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Home Group.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Also try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Turn off media sharing via Window Media Player on all the machines that show

up in Network as a Media Sharing Device.
    • Tools -> Options -> Library tab -> Configure Sharing... button
    • Uncheck "Share my media to:”
    • Uncheck "Find media that others are sharing" doesn't seem to do it, maybe

require a reboot.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

wiondow 10 network flies sharing is not working

1. wiondow 10 network flies sharing is not working - Similar Threads - wiondow network flies

2. Network sharing stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network sharing stopped working: I had a network share set up between two windows 11 computers on my home network, and today the share became inaccessible. It was working fine yesterday, not it's not letting me connect. I followed the instructions I could find, checked updates etc on both machines, no dice....
  3. Network sharing stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network sharing stopped working: I had a network share set up between two windows 11 computers on my home network, and today the share became inaccessible. It was working fine yesterday, not it's not letting me connect. I followed the instructions I could find, checked updates etc on both machines, no dice....
  4. Network Sharing Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Sharing Not Working: Hi all. I'm unable to network share, sending files to this computer due to this error. How do I fix this? I'm still able to share files from this computer just not recieve. Also the advance sharing settings are greyed out for me....
  5. Network Sharing Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Sharing Not Working: Hi all. I'm unable to network share, sending files to this computer due to this error. How do I fix this? I'm still able to share files from this computer just not recieve. Also the advance sharing settings are greyed out for me....
  6. Network Sharing Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wiondows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wiondows 10: I tried to run a old nancy drew game iso file and it said "The disk image file is corrupted". Is there a way to run that file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wiondows-10/33804f26-7d6c-47cc-8215-f2223a47f785
  8. Network Sharing Not Working

Network Sharing Not Working: I have been trying to share my PCs network with my xbox. I have my PC plugged in via ethernet from my router and my xbox plugged in via ethernet to my PC. I can sometimes get it to work when manually putting in a DNS server on the xbox but when i do that i have strict or...
  9. wiondows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wiondows update: Hi, after installing windows 10 may update 2019, I keep getting and installing the same updates these updates are 1. 2019-05 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1903 for x64 based system(KB4497936) 2. 2019-05 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1903 for x64...
  10. Network shares not working on 1803

Network shares not working on 1803: I have three machines on my network and mainly used the printer share. Two of them are on Windows 10 Pro and one on Windows 7 Home Premium. They all used to belong to a single homegroup which was set up on one of the Windows 10 Pro machines. After the 1803 update on both...