Windows 10: Wipe and re-install Windows

Discus and support Wipe and re-install Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an older desktop computer that I want to wipe clean and re-install the operating system. It’s was upgraded to Windows 10 PRO from Windows 7 PRO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by John GreenNeedsHelp, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Wipe and re-install Windows

I have an older desktop computer that I want to wipe clean and re-install the operating system. It’s was upgraded to Windows 10 PRO from Windows 7 PRO quite a while ago. The original factory image that came the computer is Windows 7 and no longer supported. So, if I re-install from the original factory image, will I be able to update it and get back to a current version of Windows 10? The original factory image is all I have.

Any suggestions or advise will be greatly appreciated.

:)

John GreenNeedsHelp, Sep 4, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Wipe and install Win 7

Confusing.
    I assume you mean "not happy" instead of "beyond happy".

At the very least you'll need:
    1. A legitimate W7 install disk and Product Key
    2. KB976932 Service Pack 1
    3. Driver install files
    4. KB3020369 Prerequisite for KB3125574
    5. KB3125574 W7 SP1 Update Rollup (Windows will be updated to April 2016)

Then follow this tutorial:
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...ndows-7-a.html

Once you have successfully installed W7, the updates listed above and the drivers, install a program like Macrium Reflect and create at least 2 Backup System Images (on different external HDDs).
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...e-macrium.html

Once you have created the Backup System Images, you can risk downloading the remaining updates for W7.
    I only install the Security-Only updates (and some fixes for them):

Wipe and re-install Windows [​IMG]

Note:
    You'll also need to apply IE and .NET updates separately.

lehnerus2000, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Wipe and re-install Windows

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Wipe and re-install Windows

1. Wipe and re-install Windows - Similar Threads - Wipe install

2. Just wiped pc of all files and now there’s two drives with windows on it. Old install of...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Just wiped pc of all files and now there’s two drives with windows on it. Old install of...: The one drive that has the files that won’t delete is my SSD. It ran into problems with windows so I had to wipe my pc and for some reason these windows files and files like program 86 efi and more stay on this even tho I wiped my pc and had since downloaded windows to a...
  3. Just wiped pc of all files and now there’s two drives with windows on it. Old install of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just wiped pc of all files and now there’s two drives with windows on it. Old install of...: The one drive that has the files that won’t delete is my SSD. It ran into problems with windows so I had to wipe my pc and for some reason these windows files and files like program 86 efi and more stay on this even tho I wiped my pc and had since downloaded windows to a...
  4. Just wiped pc of all files and now there’s two drives with windows on it. Old install of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I "clean install" windows 11 wiping all partitions except the EFI one because I'm dual...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I "clean install" windows 11 wiping all partitions except the EFI one because I'm dual...: I have two windows 11 Home UEFI installations on two separate drives, each windows was clean installed with the other drive disconnected, so I have an EFI partition on each drive and I simply choose which one to load by pressing f12 on boot.Each drive has the usual partition...
  6. Can I "clean install" windows 11 wiping all partitions except the EFI one because I'm dual...

Can I "clean install" windows 11 wiping all partitions except the EFI one because I'm dual...: I have two windows 11 Home UEFI installations on two separate drives, each windows was clean installed with the other drive disconnected, so I have an EFI partition on each drive and I simply choose which one to load by pressing f12 on boot.Each drive has the usual partition...
  7. After DoD Wipe Cannot Install OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After DoD Wipe Cannot Install OS: I used Jetico's BC Wipe to overwrite my SSD and SATA Drives and have been attempting to install an OS both Windows 10 and 11 to the SSD but I keep getting the message that Windows Cannot Install Required Files Error Code 0x800701B1. I have used different USB Drives and even...
  8. After DoD Wipe Cannot Install OS

After DoD Wipe Cannot Install OS: I used Jetico's BC Wipe to overwrite my SSD and SATA Drives and have been attempting to install an OS both Windows 10 and 11 to the SSD but I keep getting the message that Windows Cannot Install Required Files Error Code 0x800701B1. I have used different USB Drives and even...
  9. Install of 23h2 on Win11 wipes out successful install of 22h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install of 23h2 on Win11 wipes out successful install of 22h2: My lenovo came with win11 21h2 and has been trying to install 22h2 for months. I finally went through the 15 step process exaggeration to fix it and finally 22h2 installed correctly.Filled to the brim with hope, I tried the 23h2 install. Not only did it fail, it regressed my...
  10. Install of 23h2 on Win11 wipes out successful install of 22h2

Install of 23h2 on Win11 wipes out successful install of 22h2: My lenovo came with win11 21h2 and has been trying to install 22h2 for months. I finally went through the 15 step process exaggeration to fix it and finally 22h2 installed correctly.Filled to the brim with hope, I tried the 23h2 install. Not only did it fail, it regressed my...