Windows 10: Wipe Harddrive and Partitoning when installing Windows from Live USB

Discus and support Wipe Harddrive and Partitoning when installing Windows from Live USB in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I messed up my drive Partitioning Dualboot etc. and now I'd like to reinstall Windows.1. The question now arises if Windows installer will delete my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SpeedJet3000, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Wipe Harddrive and Partitoning when installing Windows from Live USB

I messed up my drive Partitioning Dualboot etc. and now I'd like to reinstall Windows.1. The question now arises if Windows installer will delete my unessacery partitions?2. And if I need a new Product Key for reinstalling windows on the same device?

:)

SpeedJet3000, Sep 28, 2022
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Sep 28, 2022
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 28, 2022
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Wipe Harddrive and Partitoning when installing Windows from Live USB

Wipe harddrive

It is possible for Windows to cause the computer to shutoff and reboot randomly, but that is more likely a hardware problem. To wipe the hard drive and do a clean install, boot the computer from a Windows 10 installation USB flash drive or DVD. When you get to the option to do a custom install, select that option. The next screen will list drives and partitions. Delete every partition on the drive you want to install Windows on, then highlight the unallocated space and click next.

NavyLCDR, Sep 28, 2022
Thema:

Wipe Harddrive and Partitoning when installing Windows from Live USB

1. Wipe Harddrive and Partitoning when installing Windows from Live USB - Similar Threads - Wipe Harddrive Partitoning

2. BSOD when installing windows from bootable USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when installing windows from bootable USB: Hello, I'm trying to install a version of Windows 10 by using a bootable USB. There is nothing on the drives, I wiped everything clean.I made the bootable USB with Rufus. I can boot on it, but then issues arise at different momentsWhile booting on the USB CASE ABefore...
  3. Wipe Harddrive and Partitoning when installing Windows from Live USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wipe Harddrive and Partitoning when installing Windows from Live USB: I messed up my drive Partitioning Dualboot etc. and now I'd like to reinstall Windows.1. The question now arises if Windows installer will delete my unessacery partitions?2. And if I need a new Product Key for reinstalling windows on the same device?...
  4. Windows Partiton !

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Partiton !: So, I recently Re-Installed windows 10 from Microsoft and not the from the dell software so that i don't want to deal with dells crap crashing and using my cpu resources all the time. but i noticed there are different partition showing below u can refer to these partition....
  5. Windows installation wiped my USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installation wiped my USB: Are you kidding me? I installed windows installer into my USB flash drive with MediaCreationTool and it completely wiped and formatted my USB. There was no alert or warning about this in installer. I had very important stuff on that flash drive - data there cost actual money....
  6. Dell Service Wiped Harddrive - Account Gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dell Service Wiped Harddrive - Account Gone: A little while ago, my computer was broken in the sense that I could not even turn it on because my charger port was broken. I sent it in to Dell Support and they proceeded to wipe my entire harddrive, leaving me with absolutely nothing on my computer. Thanks! Deserved ire...
  7. Trying to install Windows 10 via USB ISO and it is not making all the proper partitons for...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to install Windows 10 via USB ISO and it is not making all the proper partitons for...: Here's a link of what I'm looking at: https://photos.app.goo.gl/3eTE6wmoxSWZeXSa8 Basically I'm missing the other two partitons here that it usually makes when it installs windows. when I go ahead an install Windows on the Partition 2 it "installs" windows and then it just...
  8. Wipe harddrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wipe harddrive: How do I do a clean install of win 10? Do I format the harddirve and the install win 10 or is that wrong? Would the harddrive make the unit just shutoff and reboot ramdonly? Or will re-install windows cure the problem? Thanks 87681
  9. Win 10 install - Keep nothing setting - D: partiton be wiped too?

Win 10 install - Keep nothing setting - D: partiton be wiped too?: Hi, I'm installing win 10 and I'd like a fresh install but I'm a little worried that the install might wipe the data I have shifted to my empty D: partition. I know this shouldn't really happen but just want to double check with you guys thx U. 22045
  10. Partitoning questions for install Windows 10

Partitoning questions for install Windows 10: I have plenty of space. I can temporally delete the fat 32 partition for the windows 10 install. Fat32 was made for backwards compatibility with old software. I am not really interested in using the windows 7 or 10 dual boot menu. I am basically going to install 10 on a...