Windows 10: Wipe harddrive

Discus and support Wipe harddrive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I do a clean install of win 10? Do I format the harddirve and the install win 10 or is that wrong? Would the harddrive make the unit just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ben Daniels, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Wipe harddrive

How do I do a clean install of win 10? Do I format the harddirve and the install win 10 or is that wrong?
    Would the harddrive make the unit just shutoff and reboot ramdonly? Or will re-install windows cure the problem?
    Thanks

:)

Ben Daniels, Jun 26, 2017

2. windows 10

So i wiped the harddrive and have wndows on the usb and it stilll wont go into bios

JESSEPALEN, Jun 26, 2017
  3. Windows 10 - wipe a hard drive

Original Title : help

how do I wipe the harddrive clean on a dell 5348

bucketpennington, Jun 26, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Wipe harddrive

It is possible for Windows to cause the computer to shutoff and reboot randomly, but that is more likely a hardware problem. To wipe the hard drive and do a clean install, boot the computer from a Windows 10 installation USB flash drive or DVD. When you get to the option to do a custom install, select that option. The next screen will list drives and partitions. Delete every partition on the drive you want to install Windows on, then highlight the unallocated space and click next.

NavyLCDR, Jun 26, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    To Add to what NavyLCDR is saying, after deleting all the partitions on the drive, it should now be Unallocated Space. Click Next. Windows will Automatically create partitions and format them during the Windows install.
    Be sure to backup any files you want on the current install before attempting the Clean Install.

spunk, Jun 30, 2017
  6. Thanks for all the time and help

Ben Daniels, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wipe harddrive

1. Wipe harddrive - Similar Threads - Wipe harddrive

2. CANNOT get out of S mode despite trying everything on web except a wipe of the harddrive...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    CANNOT get out of S mode despite trying everything on web except a wipe of the harddrive...: Operating system is WIN10 fully updated and only installed from new on 26/10/2022 with a reset on 31/10/2022 on a Lenovo Ideapad 3. I have tried absolutely everything available on the web to get out of S mode but I can't. Accessing the store via settings to switch out from S...
  3. CANNOT get out of S mode despite trying everything on web except a wipe of the harddrive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CANNOT get out of S mode despite trying everything on web except a wipe of the harddrive...: Operating system is WIN10 fully updated and only installed from new on 26/10/2022 with a reset on 31/10/2022 on a Lenovo Ideapad 3. I have tried absolutely everything available on the web to get out of S mode but I can't. Accessing the store via settings to switch out from S...
  4. CANNOT get out of S mode despite trying everything on web except a wipe of the harddrive...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wipe Harddrive and Partitoning when installing Windows from Live USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wipe Harddrive and Partitoning when installing Windows from Live USB: I messed up my drive Partitioning Dualboot etc. and now I'd like to reinstall Windows.1. The question now arises if Windows installer will delete my unessacery partitions?2. And if I need a new Product Key for reinstalling windows on the same device?...
  6. Wipe Harddrive and Partitoning when installing Windows from Live USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wipe Harddrive and Partitoning when installing Windows from Live USB: I messed up my drive Partitioning Dualboot etc. and now I'd like to reinstall Windows.1. The question now arises if Windows installer will delete my unessacery partitions?2. And if I need a new Product Key for reinstalling windows on the same device?...
  7. Dell Service Wiped Harddrive - Account Gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dell Service Wiped Harddrive - Account Gone: A little while ago, my computer was broken in the sense that I could not even turn it on because my charger port was broken. I sent it in to Dell Support and they proceeded to wipe my entire harddrive, leaving me with absolutely nothing on my computer. Thanks! Deserved ire...
  8. I need to wipe my harddrive after removing a virus caused my pc to brick.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need to wipe my harddrive after removing a virus caused my pc to brick.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Entersandman56 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0qya8/i_need_to_wipe_my_harddrive_after_removing_a/
  9. Update 2020-02 KB453572 Wiped Everything Off My Harddrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 2020-02 KB453572 Wiped Everything Off My Harddrive: Automatic update of Update 2020-02 Cumulative Update for .NET Framwork 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64 KB453572 wiped my hard drive and if it was a new computer. I've lost all my documents and installed programs....
  10. Installed a new motherboard and wiped my harddrives. Need to access my Windows 10 product key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installed a new motherboard and wiped my harddrives. Need to access my Windows 10 product key.: So recently my motherboard broke down on me, which meant I had to buy a new one. I felt like it was a good time to upgrade some essentials on my desktop, so therefor I bought a new mobo, CPU as well as RAM. This meant I had to wipe my harddrives and install windows once...