Windows 10: wipe of hard drive

Discus and support wipe of hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to wipe my hard drive so I can donate my HP desktop to charity I tried the recovery option but after a long long while it failed to make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by trev 36, Aug 11, 2020.

1. trev 36 Win User

wipe of hard drive

I am trying to wipe my hard drive so I can donate my HP desktop to charity

I tried the recovery option but after a long long while it failed to make any changes. I have tried DBAN but for whatever reason it also would not work and just gave me the option of altering the dvd drive.

The computer was originally windows 7 and I upgraded it to windows 10 in March

:)

trev 36, Aug 11, 2020

2. How to wipe a hard drive

modder I already used kill-disk. The deletion is done, I need to reinstall everything.

floridajerseyguy, Aug 11, 2020
  3. 2wicked Win User
    2wicked, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Shadin Win User

wipe of hard drive

How to wipe a hard drive

The best utility to use to wipe a hard drive is definitely DBAN. You can do an all-out wipe, or simply write all zeroes to the drive.

Darik’s Boot and Nuke – DBAN

Shadin, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

wipe of hard drive

1. wipe of hard drive - Similar Threads - wipe hard drive

2. Hard drive wipe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive wipe: Hi,I need to wipe a external hard drive to reuse in another system. I thought about using ccleaner but I know it is unsafe. Just so you know I don't want to format it.Thanks...
  3. Wiping hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wiping hard drives: I am selling a pc it has 3 drives installed, i factory reset the pc and chose to delete all files, will this delete the files from all 3 drives or just the drive with the OS on?...
  4. How to wipe the hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to wipe the hard drive?: I have tried to wipe the computer to give it away , three times. It always says nothing has been done *original title: after hours of waiting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-wipe-the-hard-drive/d46ef778-9626-47e2-9905-97240b712b4a
  5. Hard drive wipe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive wipe: I am having issues deleting files from my windows app folder on my secondary drive it either says i dont have access, need permission from system or error 0x80070780. I have tried all things i could find via a google search. I have 2 of them due to previous issues each with...
  6. Can't wipe hard drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't wipe hard drive.: I'm trying to wipe my laptops hard drive using dban, but I've run into some problems. First, my BIOS (American Megatrends) doesn't have an option to boot from USB. Second, I can't wipe through Windows because it won't let me. (It says "Insert external media device"....
  7. Wipe hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wipe hard drive: I’ve bought a new hard drive for my laptop, got it working and installed my windows 10 using the recovery disc. I now want to sell my old hard drive but as it stands I’m assuming it still has my old profile and copy of Windows in there etc ( I have no data, files etc in the...
  8. Wiping Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wiping Hard Drive: Hello! I just downloaded a bootable windows onto an usb stick and I from there booted up the computer from the USB stick and formatted all the disks inside the laptop. Then exitted the program. Now when I boot up the computer it just says "No operating System Installed" My...
  9. Wiping Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Wiping Hard Drive: Hello! I just downloaded a bootable windows onto an usb stick and I from there booted up the computer from the USB stick and formatted all the disks inside the laptop. Then exitted the program. Now when I boot up the computer it just says "No operating System Installed" My...
  10. wipe hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wipe hard drive: I wipe a hard drive with DOD wipe I am trying to reimage drive with window 10 I am getting error do you know if the wipe is affecting the imaging process? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/wipe-hard-drive/2bd86868-d974-4260-b360-637d0cb5e3d2