Windows 10: wipe out

Discus and support wipe out in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got my laptop used and it runs real slow. I want to just wipe it clean, remove everything on it and start fresh. what I don't know is if I will lose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jameskirk6, Mar 9, 2020.

1. wipe out

I got my laptop used and it runs real slow. I want to just wipe it clean, remove everything on it and start fresh. what I don't know is if I will lose the windows too? will I have to reinstall it myself or will it automatically have it on there?

it has windows 10 but tells me it is not activated because it was put over windows 8 that was never activated. I don't know what to do.

:)

jameskirk6, Mar 9, 2020
  2. Pixie Win User

Wipe and install Win 7

I am beyond happy with this OS, and wish to install Win 7 wiping Win 10, can someone offer me a step by step guide please

Pixie, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Wipe and install Win 7

Confusing.
    I assume you mean "not happy" instead of "beyond happy".

At the very least you'll need:
    1. A legitimate W7 install disk and Product Key
    2. KB976932 Service Pack 1
    3. Driver install files
    4. KB3020369 Prerequisite for KB3125574
    5. KB3125574 W7 SP1 Update Rollup (Windows will be updated to April 2016)

Then follow this tutorial:
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...ndows-7-a.html

Once you have successfully installed W7, the updates listed above and the drivers, install a program like Macrium Reflect and create at least 2 Backup System Images (on different external HDDs).
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...e-macrium.html

Once you have created the Backup System Images, you can risk downloading the remaining updates for W7.
    I only install the Security-Only updates (and some fixes for them):

wipe out [​IMG]

Note:
    You'll also need to apply IE and .NET updates separately.

lehnerus2000, Mar 9, 2020
  4. wipe out

Cant activate windows 10 after wipe, key is from windows 8.1 that i upgraded from

Hi Ryan,

To assist you better, we would like to confirm if Windows 10 is activated before you wiped your computer.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter. To do this, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • On the left pane, choose Activation.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

wipe out

1. wipe out - Similar Threads - wipe

2. Onedrive wiped my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive wiped my computer.: Why does onedrive delete native files? I couldn't get emails anymore and was told that I have to free up space.Deleted my one drive since I assumed it was just a backup BUT NOPE IT DELETED EVERYTHING OFF MY COMPUTER.I found an article to restore the files to go buy the...
  3. Onedrive wiped my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive wiped my computer.: Why does onedrive delete native files? I couldn't get emails anymore and was told that I have to free up space.Deleted my one drive since I assumed it was just a backup BUT NOPE IT DELETED EVERYTHING OFF MY COMPUTER.I found an article to restore the files to go buy the...
  4. Onedrive wiped my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I want to wipe my Windows 10 PC clean before recycling it. I follow the recovery...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to wipe my Windows 10 PC clean before recycling it. I follow the recovery...: I want to wipe my Windows 10 PC clean before recycling it. I follow the recovery instructions but it wants a reinstall disk before it starts cleaning anything. Where/how do I get a recovery disk? Or bypass this step?...
  6. I want to wipe my Windows 10 PC clean before recycling it. I follow the recovery...

I want to wipe my Windows 10 PC clean before recycling it. I follow the recovery...: I want to wipe my Windows 10 PC clean before recycling it. I follow the recovery instructions but it wants a reinstall disk before it starts cleaning anything. Where/how do I get a recovery disk? Or bypass this step?...
  7. I want to wipe my Windows 10 PC clean before recycling it. I follow the recovery...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I switched to a new phone and wiped my old phone, now in authenticator everything i linked...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I switched to a new phone and wiped my old phone, now in authenticator everything i linked...: i recently switched phones and now everything i had linked to my authenticator app is gone how do i get my accounts back since i cant even link them again as it asks me to enter a security code but i cant get them because its gone, please help and i also tried the icloud...
  9. I switched to a new phone and wiped my old phone, now in authenticator everything i linked...

I switched to a new phone and wiped my old phone, now in authenticator everything i linked...: i recently switched phones and now everything i had linked to my authenticator app is gone how do i get my accounts back since i cant even link them again as it asks me to enter a security code but i cant get them because its gone, please help and i also tried the icloud...
  10. I have wiped my hard drive and reinstalled Windows10 and still get the 0x80070643 error....

I have wiped my hard drive and reinstalled Windows10 and still get the 0x80070643 error....: I have wiped my hard drive and reinstalled Windows10 again and still get the 0x80070643 error. When will MS provide a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-wiped-my-hard-drive-and-reinstalled/22930e09-8a64-405a-8a35-207f9f77a0b9