Windows 10: wipe personal data

Discus and support wipe personal data in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded my HP desktop to windows 10 from windows 7. I now wish to give it to a charity but need to wipe my personal data. I have tried going through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by trev 36, Jun 5, 2020.

1. trev 36 Win User

wipe personal data

I upgraded my HP desktop to windows 10 from windows 7. I now wish to give it to a charity but need to wipe my personal data. I have tried going through settings - recovery - reset but the computer was unable to make any changes. Initially it seemed to be working but then when the computer restarted all my files were still there. I tried again but this time got a message saying the computer could not make the requested changes - any suggestions?

:)

trev 36, Jun 5, 2020

2. Wipe all personal data from a laptop bfore selling.

Hello community!

I want to sell mt Asus Transformer t100ta and I would like to wipe all my personal data off.

I have bought it about 2 years ago and had windows 8.1 and office 2013 preintalled on it, soformatting and installing a clean verson does not an option because I had a win 8.1 and now win 10.

I would lke to hear any suggestion!!

Thanks a lot!

NikolayChernuha, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Does the installation of W10 entail backup and restore of my personal data and applications? In other words will everything personal be wiped out during the install?

Original Title: Does installing 10 wipe out personal data?

Does the installation of W10 entail backup and restore of my personal data and applications? In other words will everything personal be wiped out during the install?

Thanks.

c.

Charlie_974, Jun 5, 2020
  4. R-T-B Win User

wipe personal data

Has everyone read: Reasons We Share Personal Data section in Windows 10 Microsoft Privacy Statement

Bullshit. 2 step verification and purchase orders requires an account of course, but virtually everything else can be performed with local data storage in the browser. Companies don't want to do this of course, but it is possible.

R-T-B, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

wipe personal data

1. wipe personal data - Similar Threads - wipe personal data

2. how to transfer files on data wipe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to transfer files on data wipe: i would like to data wipe my laptop because its very laggy so is there a way to put all my important files on a usb drive then transfer it to the new version but same computer also, will windows be activated...
  3. Data wipe issues

Data wipe issues: I am trying to factory data reset rhis pc i just got to get rid of the previous owners files, and its been stuck on 68% for the last 2 coming on 3 days now. What can i do at this point? Im not trying to save any files, just trying to delete everything...
  4. wipe data but keep OS

wipe data but keep OS: Hi- I had a Windows seizure on my 2013 Lenovo and my attempts at recovery resulted in a "new" PC with Windows 8 from 2013. I finally got Windows 10 loaded, and restored data from one of my two backups. Turns out the backup wasn't as up to date as the other one, so I'm...
  5. Data wipe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data wipe: So I was wondering if I restart windows via wipe all data future how much disk space will windows take? submitted by /u/isusbog45 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gw2c59/data_wipe/
  6. Wipe data from stolen laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wipe data from stolen laptop?: Can anyone please help me.. How to wipe data from stolen laptop?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wipe-data-from-stolen-laptop/c7a07385-a330-4557-86f4-0bfb32d6a4ec"
  7. personal data files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    personal data files: How do I remove permanently personal data files and passwords? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-data-files/b7112e2d-94f9-4114-8509-011233545df8"
  8. Dell Inspiron Data wiped

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Inspiron Data wiped: About 30 minutes ago I went to use my laptop, then was greeted with the message, "No bootable devices found" and shutdown after clicking ok. After looking around in my BIOS settings, I found that all of my data was wiped entirely around 4 hours ago, but I was still asleep...
  9. Windows 10 update 1809 gone extremely wrong - all personal data wiped clean

Windows 10 update 1809 gone extremely wrong - all personal data wiped clean: Hi all, A couple of days ago, I ran Windows Update and ended up installing what seemed to be the October 2018 update of Windows 10. During the installation procedure, I opted for using the aid of an external drive, as I didn't have enough storage space available in my HDD...
  10. Data & Personal Protection

in Windows 10 Support
    Data & Personal Protection: According to Computer Active, a magazine I have just bought, on page 7 they state that "AVG has issued an updated privacy policy that appears to grant the company the right to harvest and sell on data collected from users of its popular 'free' av tool, including browsing and...