Windows 10: Wiped a Win11 device via Intune - Now I'm unable to boot to Windows & DiskPart lists no disks

Discus and support Wiped a Win11 device via Intune - Now I'm unable to boot to Windows & DiskPart lists no disks in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had a Windows 11 device that was registered with Intune. I ran a wipe to keep user data - this completed, but on restart of the device it said the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Evan Brown5, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Wiped a Win11 device via Intune - Now I'm unable to boot to Windows & DiskPart lists no disks

I had a Windows 11 device that was registered with Intune. I ran a wipe to keep user data - this completed, but on restart of the device it said the wipe failed. So I ran another wipe but this time the device restarted it brings me to the "choose keyboard screen", followed by "troubleshoot" -> "advanced options". Within Advanced Options nothing works: startup repair - fails, system restore fails, etc. I am able to access BIOS and cmd prompt. When in cmd prompt I go to DiskPart and nothing is listed. No disks, volumes, partitions, etc. I've ran other cmds such as sfc, chkdsk, etc with no suc

:)

Evan Brown5, Feb 21, 2024
  2. ze ultimo Win User

diskpart doesn't show disk

Hey,

I am trying to install Win10 on a mac book air.

However the diskpart does not list the disk even after reformatting the partition as NTFS per suggestion.

read through this solution but cannot move to step 1 listed in the solution by Ivan as that disk doesn't see that partition it was just able to reformat.

Regards

ze ultimo, Feb 21, 2024
  3. NourOM Win User
    Boot Device Not Found

It's weird I'm replying my own question, but I want those who suffer from the same situation
    Boot Device Not Found while booting with UEFI. I tried many ways but this one is the best:

Requirements :

+ Windows iso installation

+ USB

+ optional : you can use a program to create bootable USB such as Rufus

Note :

This method will wipe all your data (to back up try to boot with legacy support enabled)

Step 1:

using a program or diskpart burn image to the USB and make sure the usb is gpt

- CMD :

Diskpart

list disk

select (reference to the usb on list disk)

clean

convert gpt

then copy files to it

Step 2:

disable legacy support and secure boot in BIOS, the usb will boot automatically

step 3:access the repair function and then chose cmd, then run :

diskpart

select disk 0

clean

convert gpt

you can complete installation as usual the problem is fixed !

NourOM, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Wiped a Win11 device via Intune - Now I'm unable to boot to Windows & DiskPart lists no disks

Windows 10 Reset (remove files, no disk wipe) fails with Inaccessible Boot Device; Defender Offline fails with 0x8007002

Two identical Dell Inspiron 660 systems (one for each child):

• Win7 --> Win 10 upgrades went uneventfully, normal function afterward.
    • 1st system then put through Windows 10 Reset procedure with file removal AND disk wipe, completed successfully, normal function
    • 2nd system then put through Windows 10 Reset procedure with file removal WITHOUT disk wipe --> procedure fails:
      • INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE error is thrown, with an endless reboot cycle
    • Based on
      this thread
      reference to
      KB2673509
      , Windows Defender Offline downloaded and run to create USB installation
    • USB device inserted into affected system
    • Boot device sequence manually directed to USB during reboot cycle via BIOS <F12> key function
    • Windows Defender Offline initiates, but halts throwing error 0x8007002

Wiped a Win11 device via Intune - Now I'm unable to boot to Windows & DiskPart lists no disks c8fbaa07-2c69-426b-bb2d-baa18c4abe0a.jpg

• This code
      appears to be
      related to a problem with Windows update, which I can not rationalize given that this is explicitly an
      offline tool.
    What are the suggestions for next step(s)?

Lonn Myronuk, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

Wiped a Win11 device via Intune - Now I'm unable to boot to Windows & DiskPart lists no disks

1. Wiped a Win11 device via Intune - Now I'm unable to boot to Windows & DiskPart lists no disks - Similar Threads - Wiped Win11 device

2. Wiped a Win11 device via Intune - Now I'm unable to boot to Windows & DiskPart lists no disks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wiped a Win11 device via Intune - Now I'm unable to boot to Windows & DiskPart lists no disks: I had a Windows 11 device that was registered with Intune. I ran a wipe to keep user data - this completed, but on restart of the device it said the wipe failed. So I ran another wipe but this time the device restarted it brings me to the "choose keyboard screen", followed by...
  3. I'm unable to turn on memory integrity. Incompatiable device list is empty!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm unable to turn on memory integrity. Incompatiable device list is empty!: Hello,The memory integrity on my Windows 11 is refusing to turn on due to device incompatibility. Upon checking the incompatible devices, it shows an empty list, so please don't post solutions on how to update/remove an incompatible device. Again, it shows empty, so I need to...
  4. Disk no longer showing in diskpart list disk, can't convert back to basic disk from...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk no longer showing in diskpart list disk, can't convert back to basic disk from...: So I've been trying to get a dual boot setup with Windows and Ubuntu but unfortunately I've botched it a bit causing me to have a hard drive I can't format or really access at all. The main reason is that before the installation, I wanted to merge a couple of unused blocks on...
  5. Diskpart not listing internal disk volumes from Windows 11 USB boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diskpart not listing internal disk volumes from Windows 11 USB boot: I have a brand new laptop with Windows 11 Pro and am running Hyper-V server and trying to creat a fresh Windows 11 Hyper-V guest VM per: https://www.elevenforum.com/t/create-windows-11-virtual-hard-disk-vhdx-at-boot-to-native-boot.645/#post-15409However, when booting from the...
  6. Diskpart not listing internal disk volumes from Windows 11 USB boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Diskpart not listing internal disk volumes from Windows 11 USB boot: I have a brand new laptop with Windows 11 Pro and am running Hyper-V server and trying to creat a fresh Windows 11 Hyper-V guest VM per: https://www.elevenforum.com/t/create-windows-11-virtual-hard-disk-vhdx-at-boot-to-native-boot.645/#post-15409However, when booting from the...
  7. Unable to clean disk using diskpart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to clean disk using diskpart: Hi there! when trying to install windows 10 after it corrupting itself, ive been faced with the issue of not being able to delete the partition of my drive with the system files on it it gave an error code that was something along the lines of 0x80700001, i tried to clean...
  8. Unable to create C Drive partition via Diskpart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to create C Drive partition via Diskpart: I just had a nasty virus attack which wiped out my C Drive. Hence I am wanting to keep my other partitions and just create my C Drive and repair install my Windows. But Diskpart for some reason is not allowing me to create the C Drive. Can someone please tell me where I am...
  9. Unable to clean disk using diskpart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to clean disk using diskpart: Hi there! when trying to install windows 10 after it corrupting itself, ive been faced with the issue of not being able to delete the partition of my drive with the system files on it (it gave an error code that was something along the lines of 0x80700001), i tried to clean...
  10. W10 Diskpart/disk list

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 Diskpart/disk list: Hi to all and thank you to Spunk and Navy LCDR - Issue almost resolved from your help. I have just installed, in my notebook an old SSD EVO 850 Samsung as a 'second' separate SSD to use for a back-up. When I try to use Diskpart to clean this SSD I encounter a hitch....