Windows 10: Wiped Hard Drive Won’t Install Windows

Discus and support Wiped Hard Drive Won’t Install Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a computer where the power went out while it was rebooting. I couldn’t fix it for months, so I used my Windows USB drive to try and redownload... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jimmy Geb, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Jimmy Geb Win User

Wiped Hard Drive Won’t Install Windows

I have a computer where the power went out while it was rebooting. I couldn’t fix it for months, so I used my Windows USB drive to try and redownload Windows and cleared all the partitions, so my computer should be completely blank. Except every time I try to reinstall Windows, it goes as normal, and then says it has to restart to finish, as is usual, but when it loads back up it puts me back at the start of the downloading process again, and I have to start over. Does anyone know a way to get out of this loop?

:)

Jimmy Geb, Sep 16, 2018

2. How to wipe a hard drive

modder I already used kill-disk. The deletion is done, I need to reinstall everything.

floridajerseyguy, Sep 16, 2018
  3. little cat, Sep 16, 2018
  4. 2wicked Win User

2wicked, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Wiped Hard Drive Won’t Install Windows - Similar Threads - Wiped Hard Drive

2. Tried to wipe hard drives of PC & set boot drive to USB no windows OS

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Tried to wipe hard drives of PC & set boot drive to USB no windows OS: Hi there, For a little background: I have bought a 2nd hand PC from eBay and it came and was working fine. However, the original users documents, accounts etc were still all on PC. I wanted to do what I thought was a fairly simple task of resetting the PC to factory...
  3. Windows update seemingly wiped everything off of hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows update seemingly wiped everything off of hard drive.: My brother has an Acer Swift 1, running Windows 10. He recently installed a windows update, and upon reboot, found a black screen. An empty desktop, with only the Windows search bar in the bottom left. Clicking it does nothing, I've even attempted opening the file explorer...
  4. Windows 10 Update Wiped Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Wiped Hard Drive: When I saw a forced Windows update, I assumed it was a minor security update and not the one that it pretty obviously was. My bad, I assumed that Windows update would actually automatically check before it processed with installing anything given the sheer number of issues...
  5. wipe hard drive

wipe hard drive: I wipe a hard drive with DOD wipe I am trying to reimage drive with window 10 I am getting error do you know if the wipe is affecting the imaging process? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/wipe-hard-drive/2bd86868-d974-4260-b360-637d0cb5e3d2
  6. Super Secretive Malware Wipes Hard Drive to Prevent Analysis

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Super Secretive Malware Wipes Hard Drive to Prevent Analysis: Researchers have uncovered new malware that takes extraordinary measures to evade detection and analysis, including deleting all hard drive data and rendering a computer inoperable. Rombertik, as the malware has been dubbed by researchers from Cisco Systems' Talos Group,...
  7. Wiping External Hard Drive Questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wiping External Hard Drive Questions: I have a laptop that i do everything on mostly. I have a usb drive that i back up information on and also a 1tb external hard drive as well. However, the thing is a while back i had an issue with an old laptop that did not work anymore and went to a repair shop and they were...
  8. How to wipe a hard drive clean?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to wipe a hard drive clean?: Hey there mates. I'm currently in the process of building a new computer and am aiming to nuke my old hard drive due to the fact that I'll be using it as a sort of secondary drive for the bulk of items, but I'll be using a new SSD as the drive that contains the OS. On top...
  9. Fresh Win10 install onto a wiped wiped hard drive

Fresh Win10 install onto a wiped wiped hard drive: My friend has an AIO desktop computer that came with Win 8 and updated to 8.1 and finally Windows 10. She had many problems with Windows 10 and her daughter wiped the hard drive clean and the computer has been sitting there doing nothing since Dec 2016 I suspect she can...
  10. Will a clean install securely wipe the entire hard drive?

Will a clean install securely wipe the entire hard drive?: If I want to completely and securely wipe my hard drive so that there is nothing recoverable left, will a clean win 10 install with formatting do this? Or do I need to first use killdisk or something similar to wipe the drive, then install windows? if I use a tool like...