Windows 10: Wiped out all my Thunderbird accounts..

Discus and support Wiped out all my Thunderbird accounts.. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Here's one for you I bet you haven't heard yet. A window popped up saying my SD card I use to run portable apps off had errors and would I like... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Probe, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Probe Win User

Wiped out all my Thunderbird accounts..

Here's one for you I bet you haven't heard yet.

A window popped up saying my SD card I use to run portable apps off had errors and would I like Windows to correct it. I naturally said yes, and Windows came back with another poppup saying the drive was repaired. I then proceeded to check my mail using Tbird on the drive. Tbird came up as if it was just installed! I am not a happy camper, I had 7 email addresses along with archived folders going back to 2016. What could have happened? All other portable programs and files are fine.

:)

Probe, Dec 16, 2020
  2. evhid1 Win User

Accounts in windows 10 and Thunderbird

After upgrading to windows 10 I added my outlook.com account to "mail" in windows 10. I didn't like it, and had trouble using the "sync" function but eventually got it synced and folders rebuilt and files over to it. I have now installed Thunderbird and like that program much better and have imported all my files and folders and contacts.
    Question: Can I now remove my outlook.com account from "mail" in windows 10 ? Or will that wipe all info I imported to and using with Thunderbird? And second, how to I remove that account in mail, I don't see that option listed anywhere. Thank in advance for any help or suggestions.

evhid1, Dec 16, 2020
  3. pbmaster Win User
    Thunderbird problems

Right, so my gf's dad tried to back up his mail from Thunderbird to a network HDD by changing the location of the local folder for all his accounts, which is like 3 or 4. Now, none of his mail or accounts show up in Thunderbird and they aren't listed on the network drive. I was able to locate all the mail in its original location in AppData, but I don't know how to get it back to the way it was. Any ideas would help, thanks in advance.

pbmaster, Dec 16, 2020
  4. SK-1 Win User

Mozilla Leaves Thunderbird

I need to change from Thunderbird,...can you list some alternatives?

Thema:

1. Wiped out all my Thunderbird accounts.. - Similar Threads - Wiped Thunderbird accounts

2. One Drive Wiped out all of my data on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Wiped out all of my data on my desktop: Hi I recently deleted my One Drive content because I keep getting prompt on the nearly full storage in my Word when I am working all the time. So I delete the storage with the hope that it will not bother me again, and I also deleted them from the One Drive Recyle Bin to make...
  3. One Drive Wiped out all of my data on my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive Wiped out all of my data on my desktop: Hi I recently deleted my One Drive content because I keep getting prompt on the nearly full storage in my Word when I am working all the time. So I delete the storage with the hope that it will not bother me again, and I also deleted them from the One Drive Recyle Bin to make...
  4. One Drive Wiped out all of my data on my desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Wiped out all my Thunderbird accounts..

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wiped out all my Thunderbird accounts..: Here's one for you I bet you haven't heard yet. A window popped up saying my SD card I use to run portable apps off had errors and would I like Windows to correct it. I naturally said yes, and Windows came back with another poppup saying the drive was repaired. I then...
  6. Windows update wiped out all my settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update wiped out all my settings: An update Windows 10 this morning 12/12/2020 wiped all my app settings on the PC. I use Outlook for email. This app was not be found in the list. When I searched for it, it showed up but then I had to recreate my email account all over. Now it won't let me choose the inbox...
  7. recent update wiped out all of my information

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recent update wiped out all of my information: a few days ago I did a system update and shut down the computer as usual. when my wife went to sign back on the computer it wouldn't let her in. I had to reset the password and after I got signed in I realized everything has been reset. all of my documents have been lost....
  8. Windows 10 wiped out all my documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 wiped out all my documents: I switched on my HP laptop today and worked on it, everything was fine. I left it on sleep for about 2 hours, and came back to find there was a notification that Windows had signed me out of my user account. However, it logged in, and I found my desktop wallpaper was changed...
  9. Wipe out

Wipe out: W10 forced PIN selection to open my laptop this morning 3/21/2020 after functioning okay Humm cannot reach page was still happening, of course. Blue screen with old lit Window image appears with tray icons verticle on screen instead if in tray. Serms old style?! ALL my...
  10. Windows update wiped out all of my settings.

Windows update wiped out all of my settings.: I've seen a few posts here about the same thing happening to others. Windows did an automatic update even after I have turned them off and it basically restored back to factory settings. The first time it happened on Saturday February 23 2019 between 9-11 PM and I had to...