Windows 10: Wiping a computer

Discus and support Wiping a computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So i just got a new pc and i signed into my dads account because i wanted my xbox account to be on the pc and now everything is signed in as my dad. I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Evan907, Jun 30, 2020 at 6:27 PM.

1. Evan907 Win User

Wiping a computer

So i just got a new pc and i signed into my dads account because i wanted my xbox account to be on the pc and now everything is signed in as my dad. I was wondering if i wipe my pc then will it wipe everything from his account on his other computer?

:)

2. Wiping computer

Your report suggests that your installation has suffered some damage which prevents Windows from doing a reset. In such stubborn cases I would do this:

1. Create a new media installation disk:

Windows 10 herunterladen
    2. Run setup.exe on this disk.
    It would wipe everything, including your data and all applications.

Frederik Long, Jun 30, 2020 at 6:28 PM
  3. Cant activate windows 10 after wipe, key is from windows 8.1 that i upgraded from

Hi Ryan,

To assist you better, we would like to confirm if Windows 10 is activated before you wiped your computer.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter. To do this, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • On the left pane, choose Activation.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

4. maxal Win User

Wiping a computer

Wiped My Computer By Accident

Hi, just found this on the web,

About "Wipe Partition"

Wipe Partition feature in MiniTool Partition Wizard can erase all data on the specified partition permanently, and the erased data can't be recovered by any data recovery solution. Therefore, wiping partition is a quite good way to prevent private or confidential information from being leaked. MiniTool Partition Wizard tutorial below will show users detailed steps.

Not sure now if what you said to do will me now what do you think.

Thema:

Wiping a computer

1. Wiping a computer - Similar Threads - Wiping computer

2. My computer is bitlocker encrypted, I just want to wipe it clean and use it again.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer is bitlocker encrypted, I just want to wipe it clean and use it again.: I need to know how to create an installation media to download windows 10 and format my HP Envy laptop. I can't find the bitlocker key, I have looked for weeks. I just want to be able to use it again. I didn't have anything saved on it, because I haven't had it long. Any help...
  3. Sold computer and I can't remember if I wiped all the files or not

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sold computer and I can't remember if I wiped all the files or not: So I finally sold my old prebuilt (windows 10) to move on to build my own computer today. I was happy to get rid of it and get the money, until I realized I didn't check to see if my files were erased completely before I sold it. Now I am lowkey freaking out I can't lie. So...
  4. computer wipes out all info and brings up the welcome to windows!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer wipes out all info and brings up the welcome to windows!: Whenever my computer is turned on, the welcome to windows comes up and I have to go in and change my browser back to google chrome. Everything on my desktop gets wiped out and so do history and downloads. I leave it on but whenever a update comes along it wipes out all my...
  5. When resetting computer and you click wipe everything does it wipe hard drive and ssd?

When resetting computer and you click wipe everything does it wipe hard drive and ssd?: resetting it in windows settings way submitted by /u/OhSoOsa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ggsv4a/when_resetting_computer_and_you_click_wipe/
  6. Computer has been wiped

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer has been wiped: I had my computer in a pawn shop long stort short it was past due and the guy had to get into it because it was password protected. So he had it wiped.used a trial version of avast cool I thought. Now I bought the updated premium version of avast now I cant even get a...
  7. How do I wipe the drive on a Windows 10 Surface Pro 4 computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I wipe the drive on a Windows 10 Surface Pro 4 computer?: Wish I had more detail on this computer - but I don't. It belongs to my daughter-in-law who's a doctor. Tried a factory reset - but message says it can't be reset. DIL called me and has to send her Surface Pro 4 back to Microsoft for an exchange - but must wipe all data on it...
  8. How do I wipe Candy Crush from my computer? Yes, I uninstalled it, but large files are...

How do I wipe Candy Crush from my computer? Yes, I uninstalled it, but large files are...: Title. I uninstalled it a long time ago. I've been cleaning up my laptop and using TreeSize, I have noticed that my WindowsApps folder is 4.4 GB, and well over half the files in it are "king.comCandyCrushSaga_[insert number/letter gibberish]" I am unable to delete these...
  9. I completely wiped my computer in prep for sale

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I completely wiped my computer in prep for sale: I completely wiped my computer in prep for sale. Now it doesn't even have the drivers to get it to down load windows where do I get these drivers....
  10. I have a wiped computer, no operating system or drivers. Neither Windows 10 ISO on USB or...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have a wiped computer, no operating system or drivers. Neither Windows 10 ISO on USB or...: I have a wiped computer, no operating system or drivers. Neither Windows 10 ISO on USB or Windows 10 disk booted. Monitor not working because drivers wiped probably. How do I get to see the Windows 10 ISO so I can start it using the .exe command? Pressing any keys? F11 or...