Windows 10: Wiping all data files permanently before disposing of a PC

Discus and support Wiping all data files permanently before disposing of a PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I wipe all data files permanently before disposing of a PC?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Roger Jones_101, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Wiping all data files permanently before disposing of a PC

How do I wipe all data files permanently before disposing of a PC?

:)

Roger Jones_101, Dec 7, 2019

2. Problem with permanently wiping files and traces (ccleaner)

please correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't all of the above suggestions apply to the following:

a) wiping free space on a drive - which I have done with ccleaner (with these settings: 1 and 3 pass, secure deletion, wipe mft free space, wipe alternate data streams)

b) securely deleting existing files/folders with a shredder tool - which I cannot do, because the files are already deleted and supposedly overwritten by windows

So my problem is that the files are already deleted, so I can't use a secure deletion tool. They are already overwritten so apparently ccleaner or Recuva will not touch them. However, Recuva is still able to recover them so they are not permanently/securely deleted afterall. What to do?

whiteliess, Dec 7, 2019
  3. maxal Win User
    Wiped My Computer By Accident

Hi, just found this on the web,

About "Wipe Partition"

Wipe Partition feature in MiniTool Partition Wizard can erase all data on the specified partition permanently, and the erased data can't be recovered by any data recovery solution. Therefore, wiping partition is a quite good way to prevent private or confidential information from being leaked. MiniTool Partition Wizard tutorial below will show users detailed steps.

Not sure now if what you said to do will me now what do you think.

maxal, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Wiping all data files permanently before disposing of a PC

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Wiping all data files permanently before disposing of a PC

1. Wiping all data files permanently before disposing of a PC - Similar Threads - Wiping data files

2. Resetting Windows 10 PC before sale/disposal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting Windows 10 PC before sale/disposal: Have just purchased a new Windows 11 PC and managed to migrate my files and folders over from my old Windows 10 PC by using the OneDrive transfer option.Before I move my old PC on by either selling of gifting it, I have performed the "Reset this PC" process within the system...
  3. Resetting Windows 10 PC before sale/disposal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting Windows 10 PC before sale/disposal: Have just purchased a new Windows 11 PC and managed to migrate my files and folders over from my old Windows 10 PC by using the OneDrive transfer option.Before I move my old PC on by either selling of gifting it, I have performed the "Reset this PC" process within the system...
  4. Resetting Windows 10 PC before sale/disposal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Setting my PC back to default before disposing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting my PC back to default before disposing: I need help clearing my PC before I dispose it. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-my-pc-back-to-default-before-disposing/a30570aa-f442-4961-a553-17492b223745
  6. Setting my PC back to default before disposing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting my PC back to default before disposing: I need help clearing my PC before I dispose it. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-my-pc-back-to-default-before-disposing/a30570aa-f442-4961-a553-17492b223745
  7. Setting my PC back to default before disposing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. PC with Windows 10 completely wiped of all data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC with Windows 10 completely wiped of all data: Windows 10 updated and has completely wiped all apps, files, and history off my computer and i can not use mail or calendar apps. Every time i restart the PC it deletes all the history and bookmarks again, i have very limited knowledge and no idea where to start to fix this,...
  9. bringing old pc back to default before disposing

in Windows 10 Customization
    bringing old pc back to default before disposing: please tell me how to clear my pc before disposing so no one can get my info https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bringing-old-pc-back-to-default-before-disposing/cd151ec3-bf0f-4bb1-83e6-7605dca886cc
  10. Problem with permanently wiping files and traces (ccleaner)

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with permanently wiping files and traces (ccleaner): I have some old files (mostly emails) I want to get rid of so that they are gone for good and not recoverable. These are files that I have deleted in the past non-securely by simply deleting them from windows. As they were deleted the old fashioned way, I ran Ccleaner to wipe...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disposing windows 10 pc

2. is wiping my pc and then disposing of it completely safe

3. why does my PC wipe off all my data folders after shutdown and update