Windows 10: Wiping drives before new motherboard and CPU

Discus and support Wiping drives before new motherboard and CPU in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to completely wipe all 3 of my SSDs (one of them being the boot drive), as if they were brand new before I proceed with the installation of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Plootsxd, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Wiping drives before new motherboard and CPU

I want to completely wipe all 3 of my SSDs (one of them being the boot drive), as if they were brand new before I proceed with the installation of my new motherboard and CPU. How should I proceed with this? I’d prefer not to use any 3rd party programs and do it inside of Windows 10.

submitted by /u/Plootsxd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Plootsxd, Jul 12, 2020
  2. Amol S. Win User

Changing my MOBO and CPU a

You will have to buy windows license if you change the motherboard, unless you made the computer originally in the first place, or bought a license key.

Amol S., Jul 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 New Hard Drive New MOtherboard

I am replacing motherboard cpu and memory and had windows 10 drive that originated from windows 7. How can install windows 10 on new hard drive

PhilWalenga, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Wiping drives before new motherboard and CPU

Changing my MOBO and CPU a

I'm doing PC upgrades and changes entirely for my new mini-itx build.

I'm not sure about how the process would work, but what are the appropriate steps I need to undertake before making my changes?

• My personal data and files are backed up to my Onedrive, and have nothing to lose in terms of data.
    • I have an additional copy of Windows 10 (but would prefer not to use it in-case I do another PC build).
    • My MOBO and CPU upgrades are polar opposites of my current hardware:
      • OLD HARDWARE
        • Intel i5 6500
        • AsRock Killer MOBO
      • New Hardware
        • AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
        • Asus Strix X-470
    This is my first time doing a particular change so guiding steps would be greatly appreciated! Things like how to wipe my hard-drive and reinstall Windows, etc.

Chris Anguiano, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Wiping drives before new motherboard and CPU

1. Wiping drives before new motherboard and CPU - Similar Threads - Wiping drives before

2. Access violations after new CPU and motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access violations after new CPU and motherboard: I recently got a new cpu 5800x3d and motherboard b550-a-pro 32gb 3200mhz ram, I could run CS2 no worries on my previous system, but since installing this new one my pc keeps showing an access violation error. Currently running on Windows 10, tried the troubleshooter and none...
  3. Can't install windows with new motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install windows with new motherboard and CPU: So I upgraded my computer from a old MSI Z97-G43 motherboard, an Intel Core i5 4460 CPU and 16Go of DDR3 RAM to a Ryzen 5 7600 CPU, a Asus Prime B650-Plus motherboard an 16Go of DDR5 RAM.The first thing I did was updating the bios.Then I made a bootable usb key with the...
  4. BSOD after installing new motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after installing new motherboard and CPU: I recently replaced my motherboard and CPU while keeping my current SSD which holds Windows 10.I've been getting this error at random times and I don't know how to fix it"KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe"Here is the dump file from said recent...
  5. BSOD after installing new motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after installing new motherboard and CPU: I recently replaced my motherboard and CPU while keeping my current SSD which holds Windows 10.I've been getting this error at random times and I don't know how to fix it"KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe"Here is the dump file from said recent...
  6. Best practice to move existing system drive to new motherboard/CPU?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Best practice to move existing system drive to new motherboard/CPU?: UnfortunatelyI am starting to feel the upgrade itch. Its been over 4 years and a new series of Intel desktop CPUs has launched. All I might change are CPU and motherboard---not RAM. Im seriously considering NOT doing my normal clean install, partially out of curiosity about...
  7. Moving Windows to a new CPU and Motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving Windows to a new CPU and Motherboard: Hi, I am upgrading my motherboard and wonder what will happen when I move my version of windows to this new piece of hardware. I have my Microsoft account linked to my digital license, so I have heard that when booting on the new motherboard ASUS STRIX Z390-E Windows will do...
  8. Intalling new Motherboard and CPU Considerations

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intalling new Motherboard and CPU Considerations: Hello All I'm going to replace my MSI Z170A Gaming m5 and I5 6600K with a MSI B450 Tomahawk with a Ryzen 2700x. My current set up has the Win 10 version Win10 Pro activated with a digital licence linked to my Microsoft account. OS drive is a NVME M2 SSD Previous...
  9. new motherboard and new drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    new motherboard and new drive: How to get all the file icons back in the list for easy acces from F:// drive (my old drive) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-motherboard-and-new-drive/f82e7314-da5d-4a86-965f-8a2b0d526660
  10. New motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Support
    New motherboard and CPU: Ok I think I am having to give up on what on earth is wrong with my Ivy Bridge build (2012) and replace the board (and CPU) with either of these Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming3 ATX 1151 Motherboard GA-Z170X-Gaming3 | shopping express online (impressive price) or Gigabyte...