Windows 10: Wiping my laptop

Discus and support Wiping my laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a hp laptop with windows 10, and need to reset it and remove my files before I give it away. However, when I try to reset it in the Recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MillieOwen-Jones, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Wiping my laptop

I have a hp laptop with windows 10, and need to reset it and remove my files before I give it away. However, when I try to reset it in the Recovery settings, there is an error message. I also tried to follow a method to use DBAN and reboot from a USB, but no matter how many times I tried/ checked the BIOS order, it didn't work. Please help, I don't know what to do.

:)

MillieOwen-Jones, Jun 16, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    W10 wiped my son's laptop

Hi Debbie,

It is possible that your son is unable to open his laptop while updating due to a corrupted or incomplete installation. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is your son, getting an error message when he tried to turn on his laptop?
    • When he tried to open his laptop, are you able to check if the power light stays on?
    • Are you seeing black screen/blank screen when you tried to turn on his laptop?
    • What troubleshooting steps has your son done so far to resolve it?

Meanwhile, if you're seeing a blank screen/black screen, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which best describes your issue.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Wiping my laptop

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Wiping my laptop

1. Wiping my laptop - Similar Threads - Wiping laptop

2. After factory resetting my laptop my network adapters have been wiped and I can’t access WIFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After factory resetting my laptop my network adapters have been wiped and I can’t access WIFI: I just graduated High School and have wiped my old school laptop in the hopes of using it for Uni. Unfortunately the reset has caused my network adapter to completely disappear and I can no longer connect to the InternetI’ve tried doing a network reset, I’ve flushed the DNS,...
  3. After factory resetting my laptop my network adapters have been wiped and I can’t access WIFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After factory resetting my laptop my network adapters have been wiped and I can’t access WIFI: I just graduated High School and have wiped my old school laptop in the hopes of using it for Uni. Unfortunately the reset has caused my network adapter to completely disappear and I can no longer connect to the InternetI’ve tried doing a network reset, I’ve flushed the DNS,...
  4. Stuck on a "choose an option windows" WRE on newly wiped laptop through Intune.

Stuck on a "choose an option windows" WRE on newly wiped laptop through Intune.: Hi,Hope you doing good.I performed a wipe for a user/staff laptopLenovo through Intune and can never get out of this blue screen. Tried many options nothing worked.Steps taken to wipe.Intune>Device>Wipe>Selecting "Wipe device, and continue to wipe even if device loses power....
  5. Stuck on a "choose an option windows" WRE on newly wiped laptop through Intune.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on a "choose an option windows" WRE on newly wiped laptop through Intune.: Hi,Hope you doing good.I performed a wipe for a user/staff laptopLenovo through Intune and can never get out of this blue screen. Tried many options nothing worked.Steps taken to wipe.Intune>Device>Wipe>Selecting "Wipe device, and continue to wipe even if device loses power....
  6. Help my sis turned off my laptop during wipe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help my sis turned off my laptop during wipe: So yesterday my hp laptop that I got from my mum had her account on it I didn’t know the password so I did a wipe and reinstall windows so ones it deleted everything it was about to reinstall windows and my sis thought it turned off so she turned it “on” the screen was blank...
  7. Help my sis turned off my laptop during wipe

Help my sis turned off my laptop during wipe: So yesterday my hp laptop that I got from my mum had her account on it I didn’t know the password so I did a wipe and reinstall windows so ones it deleted everything it was about to reinstall windows and my sis thought it turned off so she turned it “on” the screen was blank...
  8. Help my sis turned off my laptop during wipe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Wiping laptop clean, now get User Profile Service Service failed to Sign-in. User Profile...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wiping laptop clean, now get User Profile Service Service failed to Sign-in. User Profile...: Hi! a while back I sought instruction for making a fresh wipe of the laptop, and was instructed to remove profiles, which I did. Now when I try to get on to the computer, to set it up new, can't because I get the error I posted in the Subject line. What do I do, now? The...
  10. Wiping laptop clean, now get User Profile Service Service failed to Sign-in. User Profile...

Wiping laptop clean, now get User Profile Service Service failed to Sign-in. User Profile...: Hi! a while back I sought instruction for making a fresh wipe of the laptop, and was instructed to remove profiles, which I did. Now when I try to get on to the computer, to set it up new, can't because I get the error I posted in the Subject line. What do I do, now? The...