Windows 10: Wiping my Windows 10 pro PC.What Method should I use to wipe-Reinstall

Discus and support Wiping my Windows 10 pro PC.What Method should I use to wipe-Reinstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Were you installing Windows from a DVD? Probably a marginal burn on the DVD, especially if you used high speed burn. Yes. What do you recommend on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mrje1, Nov 25, 2015.

1. mrje1 Win User

Wiping my Windows 10 pro PC.What Method should I use to wipe-Reinstall

Yes. What do you recommend on burn settings so I wouldn't have the problem in the future?

mrje1, Dec 1, 2015
  2. spapakons Win User

Always burn at the minimum speed, 4x, 6x or whatever your burner allows to make sure the disc has the less possible errors (and can be corrected during reading). Prefer known brands, avoid very cheap noname brands. They may cost some cents more, but you are sure that you write something and it will work for years, rather than hours.

spapakons, Dec 1, 2015
  3. mrje1 Win User
    Thank you for your help. How I did it was I right clicked on the ISO and used the pre-installed Windows Option "Burn Disc Image" and then it burned the disc. When the option is right clicked the dialog box has no options except which burner. Is this method still something you would recommend?

How do you and NavyLCDR reinstall Win 10? Via USB? Via DVD?

mrje1, Dec 1, 2015
  4. mrje1 Win User

I decided to re-burn another disc and I tested the disc out and it now works perfectly. I guess I had a faulty disc. I am not sure what happened.

Well, if there is anything else I will ask more, but at this point everything is solved. I want to thank everybody who contributed. If I have any final thoughts or questions I think of I will post later. Other than that I hope this thread helps everybody else who needs this type of answers.

If anybody ever has anything to add to this thread or other comments please don't hesitate to do so. I can always learn more.

*Thumbs

mrje1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Wiping my Windows 10 pro PC.What Method should I use to wipe-Reinstall - Similar Threads - Wiping pro Method

2. Will Windows reinstall after a PC-wipe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Windows reinstall after a PC-wipe?: I'm looking to wipe/ refresh my PC - been experiencing BSOD and some performance issues. I will not be swapping any hardware, just refreshing, but am curious if Windows will reinstall. I checked Settings > Updates & Security, and do see it digitally linked to my account. Can...
  3. Will Windows reinstall after a PC-wipe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Windows reinstall after a PC-wipe?: I'm looking to wipe/ refresh my PC - been experiencing BSOD and some performance issues. I will not be swapping any hardware, just refreshing, but am curious if Windows will reinstall. I checked Settings > Updates & Security, and do see it digitally linked to my account. Can...
  4. Will Windows reinstall after a PC-wipe?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What is the best way to completely wipe and reinstall windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the best way to completely wipe and reinstall windows?: My computer has been crashing randomly, doesn't use solid state drive and will use a ton of RAM to operate. Need to uninstall and relinstall windows. Have tried all other recovery options and Dell tells me that I need to do a full reset. What is the fastest way to do this? I...
  6. What is the best way to completely wipe and reinstall windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best way to completely wipe and reinstall windows?: My computer has been crashing randomly, doesn't use solid state drive and will use a ton of RAM to operate. Need to uninstall and relinstall windows. Have tried all other recovery options and Dell tells me that I need to do a full reset. What is the fastest way to do this? I...
  7. Trying to wipe PC and reinstall Windows 10

Trying to wipe PC and reinstall Windows 10: I recently upgraded to windows 10, and since I have my PC has continuously crashed while playing the most simplest games. I kept my old files from my previous setup and want to try wiping everything and start fresh. But when I try it says, Could Not Find Recovery Environment....
  8. Reinstalling Windows 10 after wiping pc clean

Reinstalling Windows 10 after wiping pc clean: I have a custom built gaming PC and my issue is that the games i am playing keep crashing. Everything is up to date. i went through every drive and updated them. i am thinking of resetting the pc and wiping everything off and starting fresh to clear out what i might have...
  9. I want to wipe out and reinstall Win 10 Pro

I want to wipe out and reinstall Win 10 Pro: I'm having some issues with my Lenovo Yoga Laptop. I want to wipe it clean and then install Windows 10 PRO and get a clean start. How do I go about wiping out my Laptop. I have backed up all of my important files. > How do I go about wiping my laptop clean? > Anything else...
  10. Best method to wipe an ssd drive?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best method to wipe an ssd drive?: Any tips? I've used secure erase in parted magic (the option for enhanced secure erase was blanked out) but then read somewhere that there is no secure way to wipe an ssd? Planning to reinstall and then sell the machine on. It's only a small 80gb drive and not new to me or...