Windows 10: Wiping PC and upgrading windows 10

Discus and support Wiping PC and upgrading windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 education edition but no longer have access to the college account it is registered to, meaning I no longer have admin privileges on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wddodd1, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Wiping PC and upgrading windows 10

I have Windows 10 education edition but no longer have access to the college account it is registered to, meaning I no longer have admin privileges on my own computer. I own a new copy of Windows 10 Home. How do I go about wiping my pc and downloading it?

submitted by /u/wddodd1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wddodd1, Nov 30, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 30, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

Wiping PC and upgrading windows 10

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Wiping PC and upgrading windows 10

1. Wiping PC and upgrading windows 10 - Similar Threads - Wiping upgrading

2. Windows 11 upgrade wants to wipe my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade wants to wipe my pc: I am using the windows 11 update assistant to update my pc to windows 11. Got through the updater without issue. The options regarding files were all greyed out except for the option to delete all files and apps. I have roughly 4.5tbs of my life on these hard drives. How I...
  3. Windows 11 upgrade wants to wipe my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 upgrade wants to wipe my pc: I am using the windows 11 update assistant to update my pc to windows 11. Got through the updater without issue. The options regarding files were all greyed out except for the option to delete all files and apps. I have roughly 4.5tbs of my life on these hard drives. How I...
  4. I cant upgrade from windows 7 to 10 I had to revert to 7 because of a wipe gone wrong with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant upgrade from windows 7 to 10 I had to revert to 7 because of a wipe gone wrong with...: I had an issue with windows 10 I had to revert back to windows 7 since that's the only copy I had every time I try to upgrade using the ISO file I get this error 0x80072f8f-0x20000...
  5. I cant upgrade from windows 7 to 10 I had to revert to 7 because of a wipe gone wrong with...

I cant upgrade from windows 7 to 10 I had to revert to 7 because of a wipe gone wrong with...: I had an issue with windows 10 I had to revert back to windows 7 since that's the only copy I had every time I try to upgrade using the ISO file I get this error 0x80072f8f-0x20000...
  6. Upgrading OEM Win 10 to Win 11 or getting back to the OEM after disk wiped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading OEM Win 10 to Win 11 or getting back to the OEM after disk wiped: I bought the computer below with OEM Win10. MS insisted with installing Win11 every other week until I installed it. Now I cant activate Win11 and this device saying "Go to the store to buy genuine windows. Error code 0x80004005". I have the windows sticker on the NUC but no...
  7. Upgrading OEM Win 10 to Win 11 or getting back to the OEM after disk wiped

Upgrading OEM Win 10 to Win 11 or getting back to the OEM after disk wiped: I bought the computer below with OEM Win10. MS insisted with installing Win11 every other week until I installed it. Now I cant activate Win11 and this device saying "Go to the store to buy genuine windows. Error code 0x80004005". I have the windows sticker on the NUC but no...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade wipes out 70% apps,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 upgrade wipes out 70% apps,: Windows 10 upgrade just hyjacks files , apps, browsers , doc. , some vid. files, removes Chrome, removes firefox, places them in a chrome ext. on the desktop. Windows 10 is slower than Windows 7, a very odd layout for this program, that has many issues like a modern day...
  9. Windows 10 upgrade wipes out 70% apps,

Windows 10 upgrade wipes out 70% apps,: Windows 10 upgrade just hyjacks files , apps, browsers , doc. , some vid. files, removes Chrome, removes firefox, places them in a chrome ext. on the desktop. Windows 10 is slower than Windows 7, a very odd layout for this program, that has many issues like a modern day...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade wipes out 70% apps,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging