Windows 10: Wiping yet keeping updated windows 10

Discus and support Wiping yet keeping updated windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have an acer computer I've had for many year,s that I wish to wipe and restore, removing all of my data. However, when I bought the computer it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by meganfg1, May 27, 2020.

1. meganfg1 Win User

Wiping yet keeping updated windows 10

Hi,

I have an acer computer I've had for many year,s that I wish to wipe and restore, removing all of my data. However, when I bought the computer it was running on Windows 8, yet I have updated it since to Windows 10.

Is there a way to still wipe all of my information, whilst keeping the computer running on Windows 10?

Thanks.

:)

meganfg1, May 27, 2020
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, May 27, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 27, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Wiping yet keeping updated windows 10 :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, May 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Wiping yet keeping updated windows 10 - Similar Threads - Wiping yet keeping

2. WINDOWS UPDATE AND WIPE?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS UPDATE AND WIPE?: This is incredbly frustrating!! My samsung laptop keeps self updating and then wiping the WHOLE system clean, all work files gone1 i can no longer use the stylus pen or open any apps !!!!why does it keep doing this ???i posponed updates and it still keeps doing this?!?!?!...
  3. WINDOWS UPDATE AND WIPE?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS UPDATE AND WIPE?: This is incredbly frustrating!! My samsung laptop keeps self updating and then wiping the WHOLE system clean, all work files gone1 i can no longer use the stylus pen or open any apps !!!!why does it keep doing this ???i posponed updates and it still keeps doing this?!?!?!...
  4. Windows 10 update & wiping my documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update & wiping my documents: I would like some support with an issue I faced after being forced to install the upgrade to windows 10. Before Christmas, one evening I went to log on to my laptop to back up all my files, ready for a change of job and a start of my uni degree in January so that I was all...
  5. Windows 10 update wiped out everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 update wiped out everything: How do i get all of my documents and photos and files back after windows 10 updated deleted everything. Hundreds of dollars in photo programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-wiped-out-everything/5c622ab8-ab72-4a39-892a-16e8f8f20ed7
  6. Windows 10 update wipes Office

Windows 10 update wipes Office: I was busy with Outlook on Office 2013 working on an email. I needed to use Skype. Skype had stopped working. I uninstalled Skype, downloaded a new version, and Skype started working again. I tried to return to Outlook and my email, but Outlook had 'disappeared'. I...
  7. Windows 10 update wiped my data

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update wiped my data: I lost my IDM download list (from 2013) and license after an automatic Windows 10 update happened, is there any way to restore it? submitted by /u/putinmeister [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g45n78/windows_10_update_wiped_my_data/
  8. Laptop wiped after windows 10 update

Laptop wiped after windows 10 update: How do I restore windows to my laptop from a usb stick? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wiped-after-windows-10-update/49322ce5-6e5c-400f-8a22-10f35d1e6c28
  9. windows 10 update wiped laptop clean

windows 10 update wiped laptop clean: how is it that your latest window 10 update can totally wipe all my documents, data ,photos, videos, even stuff stored in the cloud?? after quick research it appears this has been happening since 2017 and still in 2019. Also why did my system revert to US. format I pay a lot...
  10. How to wipe Laptop and keep Windows 10

How to wipe Laptop and keep Windows 10: Friend ask me to remove all traces of him before he gives laptop to his sister. My Idea is to clean install win10 with jump drive and then wipe free space. This laptop already has win10 on it. Can I boot from the usb and choose custom install or do I have to run setup...