Windows 10: wire from POE injector in to keystone jack THEN router. (will it work?

Discus and support wire from POE injector in to keystone jack THEN router. (will it work? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I purchased a ubiquiti UAP-AC-PRO (for my house) which I will using with a POE injector. The cable coming OUT of the injector would typically be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by eeps24, Feb 15, 2020.

1. eeps24 Win User

wire from POE injector in to keystone jack THEN router. (will it work?

I purchased a ubiquiti UAP-AC-PRO (for my house) which I will using with a POE injector.

The cable coming OUT of the injector would typically be plugged into the router directly. however, I plan on putting my injector behind the wall.

My question is....
    I already have a cat5e keystone jack installed in the wall. Can I have the cat5e cable coming out of my injector be wired into my keystone jack? Then I would plug a Ethernet cord from the jack into my router. Would this work? I have attached a picture if it helps.
    wire from POE injector in to keystone jack THEN router. (will it work? [​IMG]

:)

eeps24, Feb 15, 2020

2. POE router conversion

i have a wireless access point that is POE (power over ethernet) and i want to use it externally and connect it via the wan port of a netgear rangemax router in the house.

both will run off 12v so i am thinking can i do a mod like this

WRT54GS POE-12V Mod — www.TechIdiots.net - www.ElectronicInsanity.com

wire from POE injector in to keystone jack THEN router. (will it work? image_large.jpg

instead of using the mod to power the netgear router i would use it to tap power from the netgear routers power supply power to the WAN port to power the POE router. the wire is only 1.5m so i dont think voltage drop will be a problem.

the router i want to do the mod on is the WAN port of a netgear rangemax wndr3300 and the router i want to run POE is a Ubiquiti Nanostation loco.

would this mod do what i want it to do?

i could use a more powerful 12v supply than the standard Netgear one. i have one that's rated for 24w it should be plenty for both routers.

Geofrancis, Feb 15, 2020
  3. bro67 Win User
    recommendation for 802.11ac wireless router

Two separate panels have nothing to do with setting up a Access Point that uses Power Over Ethernet. You would need to pull Cat-6 to where the Access Point will be mounted on the wall or ceiling (most now look like Smoke detectors). At the Gateway side, you would need either a switch that handles POE or a separate injector that would plug into your UPS for battery backup with the Router, a jumper from the injector to the Wired Router.

I use a Cisco RV-320 for handling all of my wired connections. A Engenius ECB-350 for Wireless-N 2.4ghz connections. A separate non-POE for Wireless-b/g legacy devices. It allows me a lot more flexibility tha what I would have with the all in one Gateway that ATT offers to their U-Verse Customers.

The issue that you deal with for WAN to LAN is the connection rate, how fast the CPU is, if it does Jumbo frames automatically or can allow the user to set them, which is very rare for SoHo and consumer grade devices. The last is how much RAM the unit has to handle all of that data.

If you are burning movies from dvd's to a home media server, it is nice to have a faster wireless speed. In reality, it is up to both ends deciding how large or how small the packet size will be. If the computer or even the router starts to see a bunch of CRC errors from channel congestion or from the equipment itself, either one can lower the packet size and rate, until it starts to get a more stable connection

Smallnetbuilder.com is the best resource out there for finding out specifics for gear and let you compare between units to see what is the best for you.

bro67, Feb 15, 2020
  4. wire from POE injector in to keystone jack THEN router. (will it work?

Connecting USB to Router to share file's

Using the Cloud looks like a great solution for the OPer and anyone fortunate enough to have uncapped bandwidth available. Unfortunately the Canadian Telecom companies have not followed through very well with the CRTC direction to make the internet more accessible for Rural residents.

I live in the Country where internet service is not very good and still quite expensive. If I were looking to accomplish a similar task as the OPer, how about using a device to provide PoE to an Enet/USB adapter(splitter)?

The system would have a few extra parts, however, it appears costs would be minimal. AFAIK, most consumer-grade wifi routers do not have PoE available. If they did, that could spare the cost of a PoE Injector.

What do you think about this as a solution for Rural residents like myself?

Use a PoE injector on an Enet connection from the wifi router such as this;

Connect the PoE signal out from the Injector to the splitter input below to power the USB connection for the external HDD.
    PoE Texas GAF-USB

Total cost of equipment $43 US + Enet cables. Can you see any flaws in this design?

0129 PoE setup.xlsx

W10 Tweaker, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

wire from POE injector in to keystone jack THEN router. (will it work?

1. wire from POE injector in to keystone jack THEN router. (will it work? - Similar Threads - wire POE injector

2. Dual jack wired headphones not detected by laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual jack wired headphones not detected by laptop: I have an Arctis 3 console headphones on my GS65 Stealth 9SD laptop from MSI. It is running Windows 10 Pro. It will not detect the headphones, and it is not the headphone or the wire issue because they do work on other electronics. I have checked the Windows privacy and...
  3. Dual jack wired headphones not detected by laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual jack wired headphones not detected by laptop: I have an Arctis 3 console headphones on my GS65 Stealth 9SD laptop from MSI. It is running Windows 10 Pro. It will not detect the headphones, and it is not the headphone or the wire issue because they do work on other electronics. I have checked the Windows privacy and...
  4. Dual jack wired headphones not detected by laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. KRNL Injector / Executer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    KRNL Injector / Executer: Greetings fella's! I've always wanted to know about viruses and malwares and how to deal with them, But I am a no-pro at it, So I am seeking Your AdviceMy question is, There is this executer called krnl, their website is krnl.ca, It's a script executer / injector for roblox...
  6. KRNL Injector / Executer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KRNL Injector / Executer: Greetings fella's! I've always wanted to know about viruses and malwares and how to deal with them, But I am a no-pro at it, So I am seeking Your AdviceMy question is, There is this executer called krnl, their website is krnl.ca, It's a script executer / injector for roblox...
  7. Wired In Connection on a modem router Combo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired In Connection on a modem router Combo: i need immediate assistance trying to get my my ethernet cable to work on my computer it doesnt connect at all and i have XTREME mediacom high speed internet. i tried uninstalling and re installing the drivers and it isnt working. any forward knowledge on troubleshooting...
  8. Adware Injector

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adware Injector: While on Edmunds.com, attacked by adware injector (image below). I did not click and exited by task manager process. Injector remained on screen, ran WD scan and injector was removed by WD. WD identified as adware injector. Question: Should WD have blocked the injector...
  9. PoE Cameras

in Windows 10 Support
    PoE Cameras: About home surveillance cameras. The CC cameras require two wires, one for data and one for power. Then there are the wi-fi cams.The (wi-fi cams can be re-routed for PoE) new PoE camera only use a Cat5e or Cat6E and the one cable transmits power and data on the same cable....
  10. Rural User Microwave Dish via POE Connection - HELP - 3 Dead Routers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rural User Microwave Dish via POE Connection - HELP - 3 Dead Routers: 3 dead routers, all of varying quality. Netgear TP Link D-link All three devices were properly installed and worked flawlessly for a week or 2 or 3. All three devices failed in one of two ways. The Netgear and the TP Link simply stopped connecting via the POE. The...