Windows 10: Wired and WIFI network connexion on the same computer, WIFI do not start at Windows launch

Discus and support Wired and WIFI network connexion on the same computer, WIFI do not start at Windows launch in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I have on my computer a wire network and a WIFI network and the two networks have specific IP not a DHCP.I use the wired network to connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Patrice_J, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Patrice_J Win User

Wired and WIFI network connexion on the same computer, WIFI do not start at Windows launch

Hello,I have on my computer a wire network and a WIFI network and the two networks have specific IP not a DHCP.I use the wired network to connect to Internet and Intranet and the WIFI to connect a tablet to the computer as a controller for one software.The wired network works well when Windows boots, but not the WIFI:My problem is that the WIFI do not auto-connect at start, I have to click and on Network, select my WIFI network to activate it, even if the "automatically connect" is selected.Is it possible to have the booth networks on the same computer and have the WIFI that auto-connect at

:)

Patrice_J, Nov 25, 2021

2. Can not connect to wired network and wifi at the same time.

I have a Windows 7 box I'm working with.

There is a wired local network which provides access to a network hard drive and printer.

There is a wireless network that provides access to the internet.

The system had been working fine.

Problem now is that the wifi will find the router, but not connect to the internet.

Now when the wired network is plugged in the wifi will connect to the router, but not provide internet access.

If I unplug the wired network the wifi connects to the internet normally.

Windows Network Diagnostics is unable to provide any solution or possible cause.

One thing that comes to mind is a problem with the network card (which is build into the motherboard).

Another idea that comes to mind is that the computer is attempting to get internet access from the wired connection and when that fails it is not going to the wifi connection. Is there a way to tell Windows to only look for internet access via the wifi?

I followed the process here:

How to change the network connection priority in Windows 7

Moving the wifi network connection to the top of the list. Wired to the bottom.

Is there any thing I should be looking at in the software or settings? Thanks.

Skippy Smith, Nov 25, 2021
  3. lolcocks Win User
    Network sharing not working over WiFi but works over wired.

Hello,

I have some laptops and computers in my office.

Suddenly out of the blue today, network sharing has stopped working on WiFi devices but is working fine on wired devices.

Why is this happening?
    I didn't change any setting.

I tried restarting the router and laptops multiple times but nothing worked.

The wired and wireless connection use the same default gateway with a static IP. IP is different but the default gateway is the same (10.0.0.1)

Why did this happen all of a sudden?
    And why is wired connection working but wireless is not?

Edit:
    After further testing, even wired to WiFi and WiFi to wired network sharing is working.
    But not WiFi to WiFi.

lolcocks, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Wired and WIFI network connexion on the same computer, WIFI do not start at Windows launch

Wifi network disconnects when wired network is attached

Hi,

I am currently struggling with the following problem:

I have a Windows 10 Pro computer that has wired internet connection to the office network.
    And on top of that I need the computer to ALSO connect to my Sonoff Relay (ESP8266 Soft Access Point) over WiFi.

So I have put custom firmware into the Sonoff so that the ESP8266 acts like a hotspot on the network 192.168.4.x. The ESP itself has 192.168.4.1 and when I connect to the hotspot my computer gets 192.168.4.2

Ok - all good! I can talk to the wired Office connection (With Internet access) and I can access the little webserver on the ESP8266.

Suddenly the WiFi connection closes down for no reason...

It seems like Windows 10 is judging that I do not need that connection any more since I have a much better Wired connection...

I have tried all sorts of things - changing interface Metrics, keep pinging the ESP, changing interface order, disabling power save on wifi and so forth!

If only I could disable this annoying automatic feature in windows 10!

Hope there is help out there

BR Flemming Dahlhof Jensen

jensenflemming, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

Wired and WIFI network connexion on the same computer, WIFI do not start at Windows launch

1. Wired and WIFI network connexion on the same computer, WIFI do not start at Windows launch - Similar Threads - Wired WIFI network

2. Computer Wifi is Slower than Other Devices on Same Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Wifi is Slower than Other Devices on Same Network: As the title says the Wi-Fi on my computer has been slower than in other devices in my home. Usually I get 125-200 Mbps, but recently I've only been getting around 10-70 Mbps. Other devices in my house have been getting 125-225 Mbps. I have had this problem for a couple of...
  3. Computer Wifi is Slower than Other Devices on Same Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Wifi is Slower than Other Devices on Same Network: As the title says the Wi-Fi on my computer has been slower than in other devices in my home. Usually I get 125-200 Mbps, but recently I've only been getting around 10-70 Mbps. Other devices in my house have been getting 125-225 Mbps. I have had this problem for a couple of...
  4. Wired and WIFI network connexion on the same computer, WIFI do not start at Windows launch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wired and WIFI network connexion on the same computer, WIFI do not start at Windows launch: Hello,I have on my computer a wire network and a WIFI network and the two networks have specific IP not a DHCP.I use the wired network to connect to Internet and Intranet and the WIFI to connect a tablet to the computer as a controller for one software.The wired network works...
  5. Wired and WIFI network connexion on the same computer, WIFI do not start at Windows launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired and WIFI network connexion on the same computer, WIFI do not start at Windows launch: Hello,I have on my computer a wire network and a WIFI network and the two networks have specific IP not a DHCP.I use the wired network to connect to Internet and Intranet and the WIFI to connect a tablet to the computer as a controller for one software.The wired network works...
  6. mixing wifi and wired computers

mixing wifi and wired computers: Is there an easy way to share files between a wifi connected computer and an ethernet connected one that are both connected to the same router in a home setting?...
  7. Broadcasting same WiFi Network Name

Broadcasting same WiFi Network Name: Hello All, I have UVerse with AT&T. The Uverse Residential Gateway (fancy word for Router) is installed in my office. The Gateway has ports for ethernet and also provides WiFi. My living room is on the opposite side of the house and the WiFi was not good so I ran an ethernet...
  8. Wired and WIFI Networks

Wired and WIFI Networks: Helloooo! I hope everyone is happy and healthy during these strange times! This is my first post, and I am a relative noob, so please be gentle :) I fully expect I might need to get someone in, for this problem. I am not trying avoid paying anyone. But seeing as I cant get...
  9. Location totally wrong on wired network connection but OK on wifi using same router

Location totally wrong on wired network connection but OK on wifi using same router: Hello! I have Windows 10 PC and Windows 7 PC connected to router via cable and Windows 7 notebook and smartphones connected to same router via WiFi. With wifi, the localtion is correct. With wired connection, the location is totally wrong. The router is Zyxel Keenetic Lite...
  10. Wifi network disconnects when wired network is attached

Wifi network disconnects when wired network is attached: Hi, I am currently struggling with the following problem: I have a Windows 10 Pro computer that has wired internet connection to the office network. And on top of that I need the computer to ALSO connect to my Sonoff Relay (ESP8266 Soft Access Point) over WiFi. So I...