Windows 10: Wired and Wireless BT Keyboards stop working after wake from sleep

Discus and support Wired and Wireless BT Keyboards stop working after wake from sleep in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey all, I'm desperate and need really need help with this. I'm stumped. I've followed several tech guides, videos, microsoft support pages, even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RadioActive199, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Wired and Wireless BT Keyboards stop working after wake from sleep

Hey all, I'm desperate and need really need help with this. I'm stumped. I've followed several tech guides, videos, microsoft support pages, even upgraded to Windows 11 to try and resolve this issue. I've been grappling with this for about a year and half now and I don't know what to do anymore.Basically, my keyboard stops working after waking from sleep. I use my keyboard Keychron K8 in bluetooth mode and on a fresh restart, it works without any issues. If I put my computer to sleep, on the next wake my keyboard stops working. Interestingly, if at this point I connect this keyboard via a US

:)

RadioActive199, Dec 20, 2021

2. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10
    I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Dec 20, 2021
  3. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Dec 20, 2021
  4. coffent Win User

Wired and Wireless BT Keyboards stop working after wake from sleep

How to stop mouse movement from waking the computer?

Thanks lgentry. I have a Microsoft wired keyboard and a Logitech wireless mouse. Under Device Manager>Keyboards it lists two "HID Keyboard Device"s and the Microsoft keyboard. Unchecking the "Allow this device to wake the computer" for the two HID keyboards fixed the problem as you suggested. Weird that one must prevent "keyboards" from waking the computer to in fact prevent the mouse from waking it.

coffent, Dec 20, 2021
Thema:

Wired and Wireless BT Keyboards stop working after wake from sleep

1. Wired and Wireless BT Keyboards stop working after wake from sleep - Similar Threads - Wired Wireless Keyboards

2. fan stops working after it wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fan stops working after it wakes from sleep: I have asus f17 laptop and my fan isint working when i wake it up from sleep.I have to restart it when this happens.The fan again works as normal after restart...
  3. fan stops working after it wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fan stops working after it wakes from sleep: I have asus f17 laptop and my fan isint working when i wake it up from sleep.I have to restart it when this happens.The fan again works as normal after restart...
  4. Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep: Hi, I am using a Logitech M720 mouse and MX keys keyboard, when PC goes to sleep, these will not wake it up from sleep. They will wake up my work laptop. I need to wake my home PC up using a second M310 logitech mouse. Once woken, the keyboard and mouse are useable. Running...
  5. Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep: Hi, I am using a Logitech M720 mouse and MX keys keyboard, when PC goes to sleep, these will not wake it up from sleep. They will wake up my work laptop. I need to wake my home PC up using a second M310 logitech mouse. Once woken, the keyboard and mouse are useable. Running...
  6. Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep

7. Wired and Wireless BT Keyboards stop working after wake from sleep

Wired and Wireless BT Keyboards stop working after wake from sleep: Hey all, I'm desperate and need really need help with this. I'm stumped. I've followed several tech guides, videos, microsoft support pages, even upgraded to Windows 11 to try and resolve this issue. I've been grappling with this for about a year and half now and I don't know...
  8. keyboard not working after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard not working after waking up from sleep: Hi, I have a dell desktop running windows 10, all patches and updates are applied both from Microsoft and Dell. The computer goes to sleep after 30 minutes, and at least twice a day, when I wake it up the keyboard doesn't work, and I get a pop up message that a usb device...
  9. Keyboard and monitor doesn’t work after waking from Sleep

Keyboard and monitor doesn’t work after waking from Sleep: I have installed Windows 10 on my desktop. I always try to restart after a "sleep" by pressing the mouse button. It usually starts ok, but sometimes the monitor and keyboard don't activate. I have to power off/power on to get them working again. ***Modified title from:...
  10. Laptop keyboard does not work after waking from sleep

Laptop keyboard does not work after waking from sleep: I have a HP Pavilion laptop, and in the last week, the keyboard has stopped working when I wake the computer from sleep. I am still able to log on using the on-screen touch keyboard. After about 30 seconds after I have logged in, the physical keyboard starts working again....